Is Spider-Man beating People out of his weight class PIS?

Posted by noobmaster2001 (665 posts) 14 days, 15 hours ago

Poll: Is Spider-Man beating People out of his weight class PIS? (31 votes)

Yes 26%
No 74%

Do you consider Spider-Man beating people/holding his own against people like Rhino,Absorbing Man,Juggernaut etc PIS or do you believe That these are fair feats which show how Smart,fast and durable he is?

#1 Posted by jashro44 (54798 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on who he is beating and how.

#2 Posted by g2_ (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Depends on who he is beating and how.

Exactly.

#3 Posted by noobmaster2001 (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Some people think that characters like Rhino should one shot Spider-Man but I could agree that it depends how he beats them.

#4 Posted by noobmaster2001 (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn Tagging you because i know you think Rhino would one shot Spider-Man.

#5 Posted by ByondEon (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends. I would say it all depends on context of the win. It's PIS if he beats a Herald of Galactus in a random encounter but he got the smarts to figure out a way to beat them.

#6 Posted by Toratorn (8258 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how far out of his weight class the opponent is. He has no business even scratching people like Hulk or Firelord in a random fight.

#7 Posted by StormShadow_X (17420 posts) - - Show Bio

Depend who and how.

Him beating fire Lord is PIS.

Him out smarting Venom and using his weakness against him is not.

#8 Posted by jashro44 (54798 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Some people think that characters like Rhino should one shot Spider-Man but I could agree that it depends how he beats them.

I don't see whats wrong with spider-man beating rhino. Rhino is a spider-man villain.

#9 Posted by noobmaster2001 (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: What about characters like Electro,Scorpion or Rhino when they are not jobbing?

#10 Edited by noobmaster2001 (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Some people think since rhino is a 80-90 tonner he should one shot Spider-Man and also that Spider-Man should not even be able to hurt Rhino.I don't agree with this since i think Spider-Man uses his speed,agility and superior intelligence to beat Rhino.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
#11 Posted by Asgardianweapon (217 posts) - - Show Bio

it would be quite nice if it weren´t that way, if characters were more balanced in some random alternate universe where spidey menages to be around his ideal strengh and still be able to somewhat hurt and be comparable even if a lot weaker with High tiers.

By "ideal strengh" i meant that i find so strange every time i see him holding a building or that ferry, or many of his highest feats. He is some of the only characers that i feel should be in the exact same power level that we are informed that they are, i feel that even 25 tons is too much to him but can be a good scale.

overral he should be able to contend with Rhino and absorving man (most of the time, depending on what he has avaiable) even while being muuuch weaker he should be nowhere near juggs in power unless the entire verse is scaled down

#13 Posted by Kidolio (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends who he’s overpowering and how.

#14 Posted by Crater_Maker (171 posts) - - Show Bio

It was to my understanding Spider-Man was kind of the grey area between Street leveler and mid tier. There are feats of him stopping planes, Finger flicking, Train Cars, and punching Scorpions face clean off( showing he was just holding back.

I don’t think he should be fighting against people like the Juggernaut unless it’s him outsmarting him... but he isn’t just another street leveler like Captain America.

Avatar image for spideythagoat23
#15 Edited by SpideyThaGOAT23 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah I don’t think so, because I always felt like Spidey is the branch between being a street tier hero and a more heavyweight. Peter has a genius level intellect and super human agility combined with his strength. Strength by strength wise he shouldn’t be competing with Juggernaut and the other heavy hitters. But if he beats them by using his speed and outsmarting them. That’s different. So my answer is, it all depends on the how.

#16 Posted by jashro44 (54798 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Some people think since rhino is a 80-90 tonner he should one shot Spider-Man and also that Spider-Man should not even be able to hurt Rhino.I don't agree with this since i think Spider-Man uses his speed,agility and superior intelligence to beat Rhino.

Those people are wrong.

#17 Posted by Pipxeroth (9703 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah like everyone else said it depends on what character and how he beats them.

For the record I do think Spidey beating down Rhino physically is PIS, but that doesn't mean he can't ever beat him using prep or something. Same goes for even stronger characters like Juggernaut.

#18 Edited by Lan_Fan (18115 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he is herald level.

#19 Posted by noobmaster2001 (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I did a battle between Spider-Man,Venom and Carnage vs Joe fixit and most people agreed that Spidey couldn’t hurt Joe Fixit despite Rhino beating Joe Fixit and him only being a 70 tonner.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#20 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3663 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon said:

Depends. I would say it all depends on context of the win. It's PIS if he beats a Herald of Galactus in a random encounter but he got the smarts to figure out a way to beat them.

lool I was wondering how quickly that was going to be brought up

#21 Posted by jashro44 (54798 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I did a battle between Spider-Man,Venom and Carnage vs Joe fixit and most people agreed that Spidey couldn’t hurt Joe Fixit despite Rhino beating Joe Fixit and him only being a 70 tonner.

I'm not familiar with grey hulk. He does have high end feats like not getting taken out by uni-power spider-man, despite Peter hitting him into orbit. He could also handle venom pretty easily with thunder claps. Not sure what the status is on carnage's weakness to sound these days. My reading with carnage in recent years is sketchy.

Rhino matches up better against Joe stylistically because he can hurt him. But even than I think grey hulk has better feats consistently. I could be wrong about grey hulk.

#22 Posted by noobmaster2001 (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Carnage does have a high immunity to Sonics he tanked Reed Richards sonic gun to the point where it didn’t even affect him.

#23 Posted by ByondEon (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon said:

lool I was wondering how quickly that was going to be brought up

He is smart enough to do what Doom did.. Though he isn't as smart as Doom.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#25 Edited by blackspidey2099 (7035 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how it happens. Using Rhino as an example, Peter has one-shotted Rhino using tech he made with prep (not PIS) and he's also straight up punched Rhino into oblivion (PIS).

#27 Edited by noobmaster2001 (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: do you have scans of when Peter once shotting Rhino with prep I’ve never heard of him doing that.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#28 Posted by blackspidey2099 (7035 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by TakenStew22 (4301 posts) - - Show Bio

Like others have said, it depends. Spider-Man beating Firelord is definitely PIS.

#30 Posted by spiderboi038 (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely fair feats that showcase how elusive, durable and quick thinker/genius he really is. But it also does depend on how it happens. Think a bloodlusted fight between Spidey and Rhino would go just about the same as the Fallen Son fight, except Spidey not getting touched by Rhino, his speed and spider-sense wouldn't let him get touched.

Spidey was being a dick in that issue...

#31 Posted by Starbrander (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Just depends on the writing and the era of comics. Power scales were a bit wonky until the 80’s.

On a whole though, Spider-Man has a lot of assets to call upon to defeat more powerful characters, and usually it’s not Spider-Man just standing there, going toe to toe with the Rhino.

#32 Posted by Gokluma (9207 posts) - - Show Bio

Firelord fight was very pis

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#33 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (18111 posts) - - Show Bio

Context is everything