Is Speed all that Matters on Comic Vine

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@jay_z94 said:

Speed is very important, but only if the faster character can actually put the other guy down. If not, then they could eventually lose. For example, Spider-Man has faster combat speed than the Hulk, but he would lose because he can't do anything to him and Hulk would eventually tag him.

Bad analogy in this case.

Spiderman is faster but his speed does not give him the damage output like a Speedster.

Meaning he cannot increase the Damage output with his speed. Speedster like The Flash have showing to have a effect on High defense Characters by increasing the damage output of there punch with the Speedforce.

Flash punch Mongul no speed behind it no effect.

He use his Speedforce an punch Mongul which has a effect on him now that cause him damage. That is why they make reference in power like when Wally use infinity mass punch or when he KO WW when he use enough speed with the force behind to crack the moon.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By GXrevs06

Casually FTL

Time travel

Time Manipulation

Speed force dump

Timestream dump

Speed steal

Phasing

Conclusion: Flash is broken

No Caption Provided

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#103  Edited By KrleAvenger

@gokluma said:

@watcher5000: LOL it just i saw so many threads of him vs whatever god in fiction.

God is just a title. It doesn't mean much unless you are an actual Skyfather level being or an Abstract entity. Random Gods were defeated by mortals a lot of times. Hell, Asgardians were killed by Taskmaster. And even the most powerful Gods like Thor and Hercules were defeated by the Hulk. Honestly, when it comes to Wally West or pretty much every other speedster, there is no middle ground. People either think he can stomp Odin, Galactus or the Phoenix Force or he would get wrecked by any powerhouse you could think of like he is weaker than Iron-man or something. People either highball him to death or lowball him to death. Unfortunately, the former happens way more often than the later, but both are pretty annoying.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Amonfire1776

Fast charcters still get hit all the time by slower characters...it does not matter how fast you are if you do not use your speed to its fullest potential or it is miss used...

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@gxrevs06: Yes he is. He is always powered down until big events. Just look at Crisis on Infinite Earth an Flash Point who is always at the end of big events. Even at the start of the button Speedster was at the front.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f
deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: I’ve seen you use this debate while defending DCEU characters, what do you mean it’s not true?

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: That's my point... speed is important but only if you can damage the other guy.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Yeah i like the Flash as character from watching tv show,cartoon and read some comics but him in vs debates is so annoying and unbalance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@callmeblast: you would be lying because i've only ever debated characters with speed and proper attack potency, not just speed like diana is a low level speedster with a one shot weapon and proper durability

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe some people but you really shouldn't underrate a large speed advantage. If someone is many times faster than another charterer than it becomes incredibly difficult for the slower charterer win. Unless that slower charterer has some type of AOE attack, are too durable to be harmed by the fast one, or has some obscene level of skill that allows them to tag people faster than them they will probably lose.

That's why Flash is so OP.

Theanalyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Theanalyser

@all-father said:
@king_stranglehold_da_first said:

Did your favorite character lose a debate?

It's not him being salty, what he's saying is true. If a character has good combat speed then he is basically omnipotent on comic vine.

There are so many idiots here who always use this as a basis for falsification, of course comic books don't always rely on this logic to determine fights (so i often just ignore people who bring up these arguments)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f
deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: WW And Superman blitzing a time manipulator who has prep.... ring any bells?

Theanalyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

But seriously Wally West Flash should be banned from battle discussions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@callmeblast: lol a time manipulator that is essentially a statue in their perspective and lacks reaction feats and is a glass canon? sure.

his entire prep feat is the bargain thing which doesn't exactly stop him from dying repeatedly

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#119  Edited By KrleAvenger

@gokluma said:

@krleavenger: Yeah i like the Flash as character from watching tv show,cartoon and read some comics but him in vs debates is so annoying and unbalance.

Ugh, I hate that show. It completely ruined my favorite DC hero.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Gokluma

@krleavenger: Yeah but at least there is a goofier likable one like this

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanalyser: lol.....you can't actually be serious because he doesn't fit this scenario

Theanalyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@callmeblast: lol a time manipulator that is essentially a statue in their perspective and lacks reaction feats and is a glass canon? sure.

his entire prep feat is the bargain thing which doesn't exactly stop him from dying repeatedly

@theanalyser: lol.....you can't actually be serious

No Caption Provided

Theanalyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanalyser: lol.....you can't actually be serious because he doesn't fit this scenario

Technically this is exactly what we are talking about, strange could bfr superman before he even realised the fight began

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanalyser: lol.....how? we saw how fast his portals move and they don't move remotely fast enough for that to happen. you're essentially making my point for me, speed is very important plus like i said, strange would be a statue.

and yes he doesn't fit this scenario, he has speed and high attack potency unlike the people described in the OP

Theanalyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanalyser: lol.....how? we saw how fast his portals move and they don't move remotely fast enough for that to happen. you're essentially making my point for me, speed is very important plus like i said, strange would be a statue

Superman doesn't blitz at the start of the fight, he has no idea who strange is and his portals have no limitations, try again

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanalyser: you mean the portal he has to move his hands to form and his opponent has to go through it? thats 2 limitations. why wouldn't he blitz? he's done it at the beginning of every fight he's been in. like i said, strange would be a statue in superman's perspective

Theanalyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Strange is a sorcerer, superman is not, magic does not have a speed limit, if strange is within an edge of his life and has to open it, he will do it, supermans speed will not make a difference

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@theanalyser: Wheres Strange portaling Supes anyway? Supes will be back later and just kill him now he has knowledge

Theanalyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849: Fair enough, but bfr is still a win

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanalyser: He'll just get a boost from the sun when hes in space and will be back in a min or two.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But seriously Wally West Flash should be banned from battle discussions.

True he is the most wanked flash

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wait this is still up?

Ooh great....

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby: Thor can beat SS who's way faster than Superman.

Superman don't stand a chance.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laiks stake: My comment wasn’t meant to start a Thor vs. Superman debate. I was just using that topic as an example.

Anyway, Surfer is well above both Superman and Thor by feats. Secondly, Surfer has never used his full speed against Thor. Even then, Surfer is only faster in terms of travel speed. Superman is superior in terms of combat speed.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers