Is Spacebattles reliable?

• 149 results
TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's just a forum exactly like this one, it depends soley on the individual users if they are reliable.

gabrielbelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

at least in Spacebattles, the rules and moderation are extremely strict, you cannot say that a character defeats an entire verse without showing any kind of evidence, what you are immediately punished.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

at least in Spacebattles, the rules and moderation are extremely strict, you cannot say that a character defeats an entire verse without showing any kind of evidence, what you are immediately punished.

That's not a good thing.

RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, having been on both sites, both sites have their ups and downs.

Spacebattles is good when it comes to calc and science. They honestly try to get the best calculation possible which i personally like. They have less Stomp threads from what i seen and the users there are pretty enjoyable go see debate.

On the other hand, they do rely to much on Calcs to get things done, and they downplay comics and anime characters to ungodly levels(I'm talking Rimuru being Planet level and the works).

But basically all Sites have there ups and downs. I just personally like CV more since this is the first battle forum site i ever been on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gabrielbelmont said:

That's not a good thing.

The mods on spacebattles are bullshitters of the first order. They don't understand what evidence means.

ChaosReigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanimal666: Care to explain? Not saying you are wrong I'm just curious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaosreigns said:

@theanimal666: Care to explain? Not saying you are wrong I'm just curious.

They don't have basic knowledge. They don't make difference between travel and combat speed.

They have double standards, etc...
They also ask for bullshit calcs all the time when it's obviously useless to compare two feats.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By KillBilly

The mods on Spacebattles are biased but operate within the rules of their site. They do so in the most biased way possible but they still do so. The mods on Comic Vine can be a little unprofessional but they're not out to get people. Personally, I prefer CV's approach, even if it's not optimal.

Ebitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Ebitan

@majinblackheart:

I think I misunderstood the garbage part. I initially thought that you meant that you won't have an account on spacebattleforum because you deem it as garbage. Now I see that you mean that you personally do not have accounts on garbage sites, hence the user should not have an account here if he deems comicvine garbage. Okay, that sounds much lesser as a personal attack now. My bad for jumping to conclusions so fast.

Ebitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majinblackheart:

Everyone here is free to voice their opinion on Comicvine though, whether it is positive or not. Without criticism, how do we expect Comicvine to improve as a whole? I personally felt that he voiced out a true aspect for certain VS debates that we overall can try to improve on.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spacebattles and OBD Wiki are the same horseshit. They should disappear from internet from providing inaccurate informations.

Wrong, OBD and Narutoforums are married to each other, and VsBattles is the one that copies them. Spacebattles doesn't even care about calcs that much, a feat is a feat. Maybe slightly more than CV but that's it. What they actually care the most about are the source materials, that is what makes or breaks everything (after all, they are a Star Trek / Star Wars forum, it makes sense)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanimal666 said:

spacebattles and OBD Wiki are the same horseshit. They should disappear from internet from providing inaccurate informations.

Wrong, OBD and Narutoforums are married to each other, and VsBattles is the one that copies them. Spacebattles doesn't even care about calcs that much, a feat is a feat. Maybe slightly more than CV but that's it. What they actually care the most about are the source materials, that is what makes or breaks everything (after all, they are a Star Trek / Star Wars forum, it makes sense)

Dude, I mean that they are all bad. :o

Necrone0097

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meanwhile on SB

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/are-comicvine-reddit-and-versus-wiki-reliable-for-vs-debates.842504/

gabrielbelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

more reliable than here is yes, I guarantee.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@itachus17 said:

It's just a forum exactly like this one, it depends soley on the individual users if they are reliable.

Kinginrags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60292f0aa8158
deactivated-60292f0aa8158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even in the slightest. Even VS Battle Wiki is a more reliable site than that.

They ignore feats and base battles on visual appearance.

For example, just because the Mega Kaiju manhandled some fodder Jaegers they think it means it can do the same to the likes of Ghidorah.

Avatar image for deactivated-60292f0aa8158
deactivated-60292f0aa8158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They literally ignore evidence anyway so you'll probably end up getting punished regardless of how much evidence you provide.

And banning someone for saying "CW Anti-Monitor can solo the DCEU" or something isn't good either.

HukO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By HukO

Nope they are overrated as well

Only thing they have is so call stict mods who can be stupid at a times

But I like the way the lowball nasuverse tho

It's really hillarious to see

MyMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably one of the best reliable site out there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the topic, for sci fi they're probably one of the best out there, for other stuff they're about average.

Avatar image for deactivated-605fa2b8d3995
deactivated-605fa2b8d3995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would say it's better than CV, not many trolls in there

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mevbi said:

Would say it's better than CV, not many trolls in there

Outside of the mods.

KamiTenchi04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huko: Gilgamesh does not destroy the multiverse and even the universe

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I can safely say I've been on this site longer than most people, popping in and out. There was a time when there were hardly any trolls on here tbh and the debates were also pretty good and civil for the most part. You always had your spite/troll threads, but they'd instantly get locked.. Not so sure now a days

KamiTenchi04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By KamiTenchi04

for me, yes, because they don't bring lucifers above every character like they do on this site(DC>>>>>fiction What the hell no) alovenas>>>>>lucifer

a8612152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huko said:

Nope they are overrated as well

Only thing they have is so call stict mods who can be stupid at a times

But I like the way the lowball nasuverse tho

It's really hillarious to see

How is nasuverse lowballed on Spacebattle? They are notorious for wanking nasuverse and a lot of anime characters, probably because that site has too many stupid weebs.

They think servants have double digit mach speed and mountain level attack potency, when did they ever lowball nasuverse?

HukO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

> Featherine solos Fiction

No nibba they are not

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randybutternubs: One user in Spacebattles said that bankai Ichigo is only 2x faster than peak humans.

Here is the link -> https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/ichigo-kurosaki-vs-archer-vs-cloud-strife.113336/

And i have seen decent amount of people here that thinks Batman can win against Doom in a prep battle. Everywhere has it's oddballs.

gabrielbelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even in the slightest. Even VS Battle Wiki is a more reliable site than that.

They ignore feats and base battles on visual appearance.

For example, just because the Mega Kaiju manhandled some fodder Jaegers they think it means it can do the same to the likes of Ghidorah.

@gabrielbelmont said:

They literally ignore evidence anyway so you'll probably end up getting punished regardless of how much evidence you provide.

And banning someone for saying "CW Anti-Monitor can solo the DCEU" or something isn't good either.

I agree, see the level of these arguments:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/sauron-is-dropped-in-the-narutoverse.858196/

Knutcracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

better than comicvine

you actually have to give a reason why you think a character stomps

can't stand one-word answers on this site

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They downplay Nasuverse/Fate way too much on Spacebattles.

TDHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well The main problem I have with them is there wanking of the real world (Comic vine does this also but not nearly as much) but all forums have there own problems

Comicvine-They hate hax basically goku beats people here who hax him to death

Vsbattles-Just the opposite they wank hax like crazy ex hax that specifically works on weaker people and not on stronger people like soul crush

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

better than comicvine

you actually have to give a reason why you think a character stomps

can't stand one-word answers on this site

That's not exactly a good thing. Not everyone wants to write an essay on why a character wins.

Knutcracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22:

Don't have to write an essay. A couple(one) sentence(s) is all it takes

EXAMPLE

Spider-Man VS Batman(Random Encounter)

Spidey beats Batman due to his speed, strength, and durability which far surpasses Batmans. Although he doesn't do well against skilled fighters, his speed/durability will give him the win

See that's all it takes.

Anyone who gives one-word answers are nothing but lazy fanboys(unless its a spite match)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff28288e0b69
deactivated-5ff28288e0b69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@gelato_exotic said:

They downplay Nasuverse/Fate way too much on Spacebattles.

they don't tbh, Multiversal Nasuverse is a thing only on cv and vsbw

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd8682836c93
deactivated-5fd8682836c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hell no

Leonhardt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TiredEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talonzone21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's full of wankers and brain dead mods who also wank and downplay all other verses when their verse is in a thread and ban you if you corner them in a discussion lmao comic vine is dimensions better.

divyansh13ALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not that good tbh,liked CV more.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely not

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've seen SB wanks real life weapons and lowballs the MCU.

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reliable? Probably not, but the hypotheticals on there are sometimes interesting to read through.

Avatar image for jonathancarlton
jonathancarlton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the fact that Goku vs Superman or Dragon Ball vs Detective Comics did not get banned from that website, yes it's more reliable than Comic Vine. Not to mention, that website doesn't think that Superman is only planet level, and if you are someone that hates Dragon Ball wank, you are free to visit that website.

Terminator1738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Terminator1738

Somethings I like others I dislike.

On there for instance debates on hax is more a thing like estarossa and the 10 commandments vs naruto was a immense debate over whether the benevolence would work on a messiah like figure like naruto or would six paths make him resistant/immune. Or in cases like naruro vs Quetzalcoatl the debate was on her immunity to good aligned characters and it was dubbed naruto could possibly nullify with TSB or by using kuruma who does not see himself as a good aligned person.

They usually place a limit on some haxes like someone in one setting is invulnerable the most highest feat is what's used to gauge durability.

I do agree with some on here that too me they seem to put too much emphasis on calcs and constant feats and real life science. Unless the in universe outright states stuff like Toriko actually states how fast people are moving and mach so it's hard to argue with that. In cases like where naruto moon is hollow or lack of sonic booms than it is a immense debate on the speed and strength of characters. Spacebattles is a guess a high numbers battle site

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Powerscaling is subjective

nemises109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the amount of down playing that Naruto gets there now it's gone to shit everything has to be explained by science and even if you have to bend over backwards or do some incredible mental gymnastics to make it work with said calcs and science.

Seriously Tayuya's sound waves not being sound waves and nobody in Naruto being above super sonic is where I stopped caring about their calcs there.

Doesn't help that Naruto is the only one subjected to that type of treatment now MHA and RWBY get free passes are currently the reigning champs on getting wanked there.

Doesn't help that there's a specific cult made to treat the Naruto series like that there and are the main posters on their VS debate section.

Anybody who was defending the Naruto side have just opted to take a no shits given attitude towards VS debates made for it on that site now and have just migrated to the creative writing or fanfiction or manga and anime discussion forums for it and the only ones still defending it are the ones who haven't realised it's ussless or brand new to the site because of said bias and constant downplaying.

Really the double standards when in regards to Naruto will make you sick.

They will constantly use the databooks and anime to downplay it but when done the other way around you will then get swarmed with "give me a calcs to prove it or else it's disregarded loser" and I'd you do they will then insist "it doesn't work because some of the things shown in the calc don't adhere to compete science even though it really can't so shut up now loser"

nemises109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By nemises109

Fucking lol.

Talking is no longer a free action for Naruto on that website.

If that's not blatant sign of clear bias and favoritism for everything else then I don't know what is then.

GreyTheJiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By GreyTheJiren

I can't say about Naruto God Tiers but they downplay the shit out of everyone who is not God to the point of below wall level and subsonic.

They seriously believe just because people in Naruto kill each other with kunai and shuriken anyone with sharp weapons can kill them, even the likes of most elite ninja or gods like Hashirama.