• 149 results
Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I actually think spacebattles on average has far more reasonable people than CV.

Asurakj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think they downplay too much and make comics characters close to human levels.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de3bc3375cc5
deactivated-5de3bc3375cc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a8612152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Spacebattles has too much downplay and circlejerk towards certain things. For example MCU and RWBY gets downplay pretty bad and many anime and novel characters are wanked really hard.

They also rely on calcs too much, including anime pixel calcs which is extremely inaccurate, not to mention some anime feats are unquantifiable. Some anime characters are wanked to heaven on that site because of some weird calcs and scaling method. It seems they prefer to use calcs instead of common sense and they over interpret things to get feats.

Also, some debaters can be really toxic and takes things way too serious at times, it's common to see people being spiteful or disrespectful towards the characters or sometimes the debaters when debating. Some users will act condescending and think they are more intelligent than the people when they see things they don't agree with. It almost give me r/iamverysmart or r/im14andthisisdeep vibes sometimes, and it's not very healthy. Not saying other sites don't have people like this but i think it's more common to see these type of debaters on Spacebattle.

Besides, Spacebattles is relatively small compare to Comicvine or Reddit WWW so it's more likely to see some circlejerk on Spacebattle. Therefore me and many people don't think it's reliable.

Avatar image for windshieldwiper
Windshieldwiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister said:

They think fictional peak humans would lose to RL armed forces soldiers

No

Avatar image for deactivated-608a4905e3956
deactivated-608a4905e3956

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a8612152: They also think higher durability will allow a character to be immune to a weaker character's hax. Although, there are some people that are reliable on there, just... not a lot of people.

a8612152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They think fictional peak humans would lose to RL armed forces soldiers

No

Not surprised. They wank the hell out of real life military on that site.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebb616323ddd
deactivated-5ebb616323ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends

fantasynamesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at all

SagaTheLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am still checking out it a bit. Their Nasuverse debates at the very least are far superior to CV's ones, they stick more to common sense and ignore the multiversal 8d BS. Thought otherwise, they downplay some comic characters way too much, and I am still trying to see if their calcs are reliable or not.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By El_mago

way before the site was more reliable during the years between 2000-2010 now its incredibly bad:

1-they add payments to give certain privileges to accounts i mean why do they think it was a good idea.... its like implementing microtransactions into games

2-calcs make debates lose all credibility

3-they lowball extremely the comic characters

4-the wank of certain franchises is beyond belief ( halo,warhammer,dead space,starcraft,warcraft)

5-you cant delete you account, if you want to do it you must contact a mod.

6-some users are more toxic in there than here to the point they attacked You on prívate messages.

7-circlejerk towards certain things

8-takes things way too serious at times

9-the site have nivels of cancer to the point they think military armies could take peak fiction characters...

10-for some reason that i don't really know Star wars is kinda hated or massively underrated on every forum.

11-mods are lazy and don't really take care of the site anymore

realistically speaking the site was far better during the specified dates i just mention...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends really.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_mago said:

2-calcs make debates lose all credibility

To be fair, calcs do to help when determining which city buster is strongest than the other city buster, especially since all cities are different when it comes to size. The person who could shatter Berlin in a single stomp would be stronger than someone who could shatter Chicago in a single stomp, they're not going to be the same level of strength.

It also helps with Mountain and Country busters. Some mountains and countries are bigger than other countries. Someone who can destroy Mount Everest in single punch would be stronger than a person who could destroy Mount Saint Elias with a single punch. And so on.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By El_mago

@endbringernick: i could take it maybe in a real life debate in some other forums it's cringe worthy

RobinKamari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes they are far better. They know the difference between combat speed and Striking strength in a battle and how it's the most important aspect in a combat situation.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

The only thing that kinda bothers me with it, is others saying that such and such is an outlier or high-end, when there's no contradictions to it or it's consistent across the broad throughout the years and various authors.

If everything is a high end or outlier, then nothing is.

This is mainly for Star Wars though, I feel like there is some kinda bias against it for whatever reason.

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Comicvine is bottom barrel, and full of themselves. So any battle site is better than Comicvine.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicvine is bottom barrel, and full of themselves. So any battle site is better than Comicvine.

Lol, VsBattles is not better than CV.

Giojoestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: wow they're not a battle site, they're more so an index site for stats and characters if anything

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RajjarsAlt

Cough. SCP-076-2 Able, son of Adam is basically Mr. Immortal + MCU Hela and people there think he is hyperversal.

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nervedamage said:

Lol, VsBattles is not better than CV.

I didn't really consider, maybe in terms of toxicity but when it comes to accuracy comicvine is over others since they barely make any good arguments there but also I've found worst one piece wankers outside of CV. I shouldn't say Comicvine is bottom barrel but we're darn close sometimes.

No Caption Provided
DevoidRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes and no.

Vs Battles quality of debate on average is leagues higher than CV’s, and I bet if you put the average Viner against the average SBer that there would be quite the difference in how well they debate.

Do they wank characters? Of course they do. IRL stuff gets wank, Warhammer gets wank and Worm gets hella wank on there.

But CV wanks characters just as bad, the only difference is that CV is far larger and has more threads vomited up with that wank.

I’m personally happy with calcs being included in debates, and Spacebattles seems to give hax the respect they deserve while CV is all on that speed force train.

But SB seems to really downplay stuff a lot more than CV and I agree they have an over reliance on calculations, not to mention that I agree on the fact people there think they’re way more intelligent than they actually are.

Tl;dr - Just like Vs Battles wiki, it has its pros and cons vs CV.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes and no.

Vs Battles quality of debate on average is leagues higher than CV’s, and I bet if you put the average Viner against the average SBer that there would be quite the difference in how well they debate.

Do they wank characters? Of course they do. IRL stuff gets wank, Warhammer gets wank and Worm gets hella wank on there.

But CV wanks characters just as bad, the only difference is that CV is far larger and has more threads vomited up with that wank.

I’m personally happy with calcs being included in debates, and Spacebattles seems to give hax the respect they deserve while CV is all on that speed force train.

But SB seems to really downplay stuff a lot more than CV and I agree they have an over reliance on calculations, not to mention that I agree on the fact people there think they’re way more intelligent than they actually are.

This is pretty much the best summary of SB I've seen tbh.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edc4c319e7c3
deactivated-5edc4c319e7c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what they think of demonbane these days

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debunkdude: they think its outversal and the verse itself can shit on DC.......

Avatar image for deactivated-5edc4c319e7c3
deactivated-5edc4c319e7c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@El_mago: Literally any decent multiversal can beat the ever living shit out of demonbane

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember sawing someone pit Lucifer Morningstar against a kid's show and it didn't look that it was an ironic thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowrazer24: Are you talking about when Lucifer Morningstar got pit against the Miraculous Ladybug series? I think everyone commented making fun of him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gideongarner01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By gideongarner01

No they are not. Want to know why? Star Wars. That’s all i have to say to prove how crappy spacebattles is. I can’t believe I’m saying this but spacebattles makes vsbattles wiki look like a god forum.

gideongarner01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By gideongarner01

@jashugan: how Is spacebattles higher quality than comicvine when there’s literally a forum where the majority of people think genin naruto can stomp DE sidious. The fact that Star Wars is downplayed so hard on that site automatically makes it bad. I’ve never seen worse downplay from any franchise ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkdementor101
DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devoidruby said:

Yes and no.

This is pretty much the best summary of SB I've seen tbh.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TakenStew22

I've taken a look at a few of their threads here and there. Most of the people on there seem too serious about the battles, plus they seem to lowball Dragon Ball a little bit. On the other hand atleast there's probably less trolls and wankers.

I'm not really that interested in it anymore because there's alot of threads where I don't know any of the characters.

Avatar image for undeckedlion395
Undeckedlion395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're all equally crap, it just depends on what flavor of crap you want.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spacebattles seems to give hax the respect they deserve while CV is all on that speed force train.

Spacebattles is EXTREMELY divided on hax.

One side believes hax can be overpowered by a character simply being Planet level while the other character is moon level. The other side believes that hax can overcome the superior strength and durability if the lower stat character is fast enough to blitz if they don't resist said hax.

Example; Z-Fighters vs Spriggan-12, that topic derailed from Spriggan 12 vs Z-Fighters to a random unrelated galaxy buster with no hax or resistance with Relativistic speed vs a random unrelated planet buster, with a fuck ton of hax, and was 6 million times the speed of light. You see that people are divided on it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're all equally crap, it just depends on what flavor of crap you want.

also this lol

Ebitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watertaco: Why are you here then? Just to be salty?

I don't have an account on any site I consider garbage.

See? This is is an example of a Comicvine Moderator personally attacking a forum user for stating his own opinion. And you consider spacebattle garbage...

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They’re basically just us. The worst is one is probably killermovies which is the YouTube comments personified.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spacebattles and OBD Wiki are the same horseshit. They should disappear from internet from providing inaccurate informations.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#98 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@ebitan: That's an attack to you? Yeesh.

And I never said space battles was garbage. I've never even been there.

Perfawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Spacebattles is garbage,then Comicvine is Aids filled Shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Calcs are garbage, combat speed fallacy and NLF terms are made-up horseshit.