Is Odin (Marvel Comics) Muliversal

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Odin (Marvel Comics) Muliversal (81 votes)

Lol no 38%
Yes 20%
Universal 22%
Galaxy level 19%
Results 1%
 • 
Vaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Thor-Parker

No

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: I think universal reality warper is a little high, unless I´m missing a lot of feats.

Why do you think he´s so high ??

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Casual universe buster, slightly below LT.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at all. He's a galaxy buster.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

City buster

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Building buster and I'm highballing

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Galaxy level.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: He tore the entire tenth realm from yggdrasil and sealed it away. Marvel confirmed the realms are universes.

There are some other universal feats, like nullifying the energy in everything burns, manipulating all EM particles in the universe, ect.

Sealing away a realm is quite different from actually warping reality on a universal scale, if he were that powerful, he´d just erase from existence any enemy that opposed Asgard and that´s not the case, unless you want to argue that they have counters for universal reality warping as well.

The feat from Everything Burns was quite impressive and a clear example that Odin is immensely powerful, even more than most people give him credit for, however, he is containing a fire that would burn the nine realms, that is a universal level feat, maybe even multi-universal if you consider each realm an entire universe, but it is not a reality warping feat, reality warping is simply on a whole other level.

As for the EM particles, what are you referring to ?? Do you have scans ??

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#13  Edited By KrleAvenger

Multi-Galaxy level.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

galaxy level

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thor-Parker

@asgardianbrony:

He didnt just seal it away, he tore it from yggdrasil. That is definitely reality warping.

That´s universal scale, yes, but not reality warping, he isn´t changing anything in that realm other than separating it from Yggdrasil, it would be reality warping if, for example, he re-wrote history and warped the realm beyond recognition.

Thats like saying Thor cant bust planets because he doesnt do it all the time. Odin doesnt wipe out Asgards enemies mostly because of plot.

Also, Odin did wipe out the dark gods of Narcisson (an entire pantheon) in one shot.

I am aware of that instance, it´s from Jurgens´ run where Perrikus and Zelia had Odin as a prisoner, while very impressive and certainly above what most skyfathers are able to do, I still don´t see how that makes him a universal reality warper, he one shotted them through sheer power, he disippated them throughout space, but he didn´t warp reality on a universal scale.

You seem to be mixing up universal level power with universal level reality warping, it´s quite different, Odin has power in a way that he can damage or unleash universal force if he gives his all, but warping reality on that scale is very different, the original Beyonder, for example, is a reality warper, he can create universes out of nowhere, Franklin Richards is another one, as a kid he created his own pocket dimension/universe and all sentient life on it, now that is universal reality warping.

He manipulated all the EM particles in the cosmos to trap Surtur.

Where is that scan from ?? Is it implying the earth rotates around the sun because of Odin ?? I remember seeing it but I honestly don´t remember which issue/run is it from.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: I'm not trying to mock Odin here he's powerful no doubt and is often low balled I made this thread because someone actually thought Odin is multiversal and is on characters levels who are actually proven to be multiversal Odin cannot destroy the Multiverse if he wanted he doesn't have that kinda power

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0f185dd5b37
deactivated-5a0f185dd5b37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Where is that scan from ?? Is it implying the earth rotates around the sun because of Odin ?? I remember seeing it but I honestly don´t remember which issue/run is it from.

The original scan comes from Journey Into Mystery#99.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: I know the skyfather Gitche Manitou has a feat that can be classified at least in the universal range and thus can be scaled from Odin. Horus and Osiris also have one IIRC.

If you want, I can post the scan of Manitou.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: It's from Strange Tales Vol.III#1:

Manitou creates the world( Very implicitly by the artwork that world means universe here) and his dark shadow Khlog is banished to another dimension after trying to destroy it, so it's pretty much like Odin and Infinity. You would have to assume that Manitou created the universe by this, though.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Let´s just agree to disagree then, at the end of the day we both know Odin is incredibly powerful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony said:

Cool! Its only fitting the other skyfathers should be on Odin's level.

Marvel has many different creation stories, all are valid featwise, so this doesnt contradict odin creating the universe, or celestials creating it, ect.

Agree, I also got other feats like Osiris leading a war against Marduk Kurios and his legions in hell if you want. I'm trying to find the scan of Horus creating a cosmos right now, but I can PM all the feats I know later. What'd you think?

CaM_CaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin' affected the Multiverse like the wind affects the Earth in a couple of outlier feats lol he is nowhere near multiversal. Multi galaxy buster at most, it's an insult to COIE Anti Monitor to say Odin is on the same level as him.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solar system level at best

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d put him around a Universal level, definitely not Multiversal.

Taxthis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's performed multiversal-level feats, but not on a routine basis.

Britain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taxthis said:

He's performed multiversal-level feats, but not on a routine basis.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 takenstew22  Moderator

No. Not consistently. Multi-galaxy at best.

mejames255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Show scans of Odin's universe-busting feats please.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes, Odin is Muliversal.

Avatar image for deactivated-63a599f1d59e7
deactivated-63a599f1d59e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah bruh he is omnipotent

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll post feats later

Risk0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Odin is weak. Classic Odin would be manipulating things on a universal scale at the highest, but comfortably Multi-Galaxy or Galaxy-level in terms of destructive power.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffs91 said:

I'll post feats later

No you won't, I will wait for your outliers/bullshit feats! things like ''lift the infinite''!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin is galaxy at best, the end!

doctor223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin is only multiversal in FanBoy's dream.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc63aec061e5
deactivated-5fc63aec061e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He's Multi-Galactic - Universal Level but he has caused multiversal tremors by fighting another Skyfather on all planes of reality. And it was implied that if Odin and Galactus had physically fough (using energy blasts on a larger scale) the universe would have been potentially destroyed or would have brought to the brink of destruction.

R648349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paradise x Ragnarok issue 2 confirmed Yaggdrisil is a multiverse, everything burns mighty Thor issue 21 confirmed Avalon is a multiverse and sits on Yaggdrisil.

mutantheroic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mutantheroic

If you define a Multiverse as a set of individual universes, where each universe is a complete set of space, containing its own open boundaries, then no, Odin is not multiversal, and no one in Current Marvel is.

Universes in Marvel are physically open to one another, i.e. you can draw a straight line from one point in Universe A to another point in Universe B, this means all the universes in Marvel are just arbitrary subsets of the same underlying space, meaning the entire Marvel "Multiverse" is just a Universe, because if all the Universes are contained in the same space, and are therefore spatially open to each other, are they really separate universes?

If there was a feat of Odin affecting the Multiverse during the Classic Marvel era, then sure, because in Classic Marvel, we have reasons to believe the universes of Marvel back then were actually spatially closed, but Current Marvel? No.

Further, being Multiversal isn't all there is to what is interesting in terms of power, significant? Sure, but not everything. Multiversal implies you can displace, generate and distribute power and force in multiple different universes (whether these universes are spatially closed like Classic Marvel or exists in different interaction frequencies like in DC and Vertigo) but that doesn't necessarily mean you can erase and create an infinite amount of energy and force out of nothing, nor a good reality warper. You can be Multiversal and still lose to someone who isn't Multiversal if they have superior reality warping hax to you.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By rajjarsalt

Norse cosmology in Marvel is so strong that it doesn't even have to be lore debated.

The Far Shore and the Yawning Void, otherwise known as Ginnungagap, the primordial abyss of pre-creation, are confirmed to be one and the same in the current Thor run Immortal Thor. The borders of this are Nifleheim and Muspelheim.

And Odin's clash with the fire giant Surtur sent shockwaves through the Nine Realms.

Properthe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you define a Multiverse as a set of individual universes, where each universe is a complete set of space, containing its own open boundaries, then no, Odin is not multiversal, and no one in Current Marvel is.

Universes in Marvel are physically open to one another, i.e. you can draw a straight line from one point in Universe A to another point in Universe B, this means all the universes in Marvel are just arbitrary subsets of the same underlying space, meaning the entire Marvel "Multiverse" is just a Universe, because if all the Universes are contained in the same space, and are therefore spatially open to each other, are they really separate universes?

If there was a feat of Odin affecting the Multiverse during the Classic Marvel era, then sure, because in Classic Marvel, we have reasons to believe the universes of Marvel back then were actually spatially closed, but Current Marvel? No.

Further, being Multiversal isn't all there is to what is interesting in terms of power, significant? Sure, but not everything. Multiversal implies you can displace, generate and distribute power and force in multiple different universes (whether these universes are spatially closed like Classic Marvel or exists in different interaction frequencies like in DC and Vertigo) but that doesn't necessarily mean you can erase and create an infinite amount of energy and force out of nothing, nor a good reality warper. You can be Multiversal and still lose to someone who isn't Multiversal if they have superior reality warping hax to you.

Wrong.

Marvel uses a plethora of words interchangeably to describe the scale of the cosmos; Reality,Universe,Multiverse,Realms, and Dimensions are all used interchangeably to describe Marvel on a scale, Realities can mean Entire Universes (That is Infinite Spatio-Temporal Dimensions), or Structures that transcend Time and space, Context is important, Universes are sometimes called Multiverses as They encompass multiple Dimensions, and Realms are also considered either: Universes, structures beyond space and time, and Pocket Dimensions The context in which these structures are explained needs to be specific or deduced, without context a lot of things can be misinterpreted. Another thing to note is how Marvel sometimes describe their Higher Tier Structures, Since Paradoxically Structures or planes of existence that transcend Space and Time and is beyond our comprehension are usually substantiated by Literary Devices and contradictions, I.E, ¨Timeless Time and Spaceless Space¨ they use such contradictory language to emphasize that we can't fathom such structures as explaining it would be a paradox as such words would pale in comparison to its true structure, Outerversal Structures are substantiated this way along with other concrete substantive evidence such as being Transcendental to The Local Multiverse and being Beyond and Transcendental to Reality. Lastly This is an essential thing to take note and remember, That The Marvel Cosmology is always expanding with every comic issue released, there may arise contradictions or confusion, when Interpreting Marvel it is best and almost necessary to go by the Standards That Lore and Establishment> Continuity, Meaning That pre established and Concrete Lore trivialize New Canon and Continuity