Is MCU Ultron Actually a bad Villian

• 66 results
Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is MCU Ultron Actually a bad Villian (72 votes)

Yes he was terrible 38%
No he Was Great 25%
No he wasn’t bad at all just different from the comics 38%

I feel people give Ultron too much hate just because he had a sense of humor.

Sure he was nothing like his comic book counterpart but that doesn’t make him a bad Villian.

Spaders performance was Great, Ultron looked really good, and what he wanted was very straightforward and easy to follow.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he deserved better.

Hope he returns sometime. We didn't technically see him get destroyed, so it's plausible.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He shouldn't be having a sense of Humor tho. He should have been like his Comic Counterpart, all Menacing and Terrifying, Not Cracking Jokes.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was pretty much established as a bad villain...

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked him

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223

I feel people give Ultron too much hate just because he had a sense of humor.

Yes. Having a sense of humor is not okay when the entire premise of the character is an emotionless, cold, calculating robot that believes in efficiency and extinction. It's not just the humor, either. The lines are just... off. You don't get the sense that he's even a robot, because he's acting too human. That's not a good villain at all, even disregarding the source material.

Sure he was nothing like his comic book counterpart but that doesn’t make him a bad Villian.

If you can name one redeeming quality of Ultron's characteristics, I'll agree. And I mean his character itself, not the voice or visuals. The actual motives and values.

The problem is, they don't exist. Ultron isn't menacing because of the humor, and the humor isn't even funny.

Think of it this way: people criticize Man of Steel for turning Superman into a dark character, which is completely the opposite of the comic version. You can't dismiss the inaccuracy just because "that doesn't make him a bad hero or character." Furthermore, it DOES mess up the character (even ignoring context,) because there is a reason that the character is always portrayed in that way.

Spaders performance was Great, Ultron looked really good,

Agreed, but that doesn't make the character better (or redeem it, I should say.) Just because Transformers looks good and Megatron had a good voice does not make a good villain or story.

what he wanted was very straightforward and easy to follow.

You just flat out explained how Ultron is one-dimensional and simple, which makes for a bad character, and yet you still don't understand how people hated him? He could have been menacing, but humor ruined that. He could have acted like an actual robot and have been cold and calculating, but humor ruined that. He could have actually been complex and have layers to himself instead of being the stereotypical "humans are bad, please die" type of character, but he wasn't. Ultron would have worked better as a James Bond villain.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's decent.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also he’s not the Worst MCU Villian. That Title goes to the Mandarin

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

He was just a pissy Tony Stark.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also he’s not the Worst MCU Villian. That Title goes to the Mandarin

The Mandarin wasn't even a villain, he was just a paid actor.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I liked Ultron. I think he had a very good voice performance.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespartanb345t: but I’m saying it’s a different take on the character with starks personality kind of mixed in since he made him. why does he ABSOLUTELY HAVE to mirror his comic book version to not be considered trash.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespartanb345t: but I’m saying it’s a different take on the character with starks personality kind of mixed in since he made him. why does he ABSOLUTELY HAVE to mirror his comic book version to not be considered trash.

Why does Superman have to absolutely mirror his comic book version to not be considered trash?

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

He was ok.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt: the DCEU take on Superman is just boring. If he had some charisma I’d be all behind him but he has none.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt: the DCEU take on Superman is just boring. If he had some charisma I’d be all behind him but he has none.

See that's the same with Ultron.

Neither Superman or Ultron are like the comics, yet one gets a pass because it's the MCU.

And frankly, AoU isn't even better than MoS. It's probably the weakest MCU movie along with Iron Man 3.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gokluma

He is the worst version of Ultron that even Ultron from the first appearances and cartoon version of him could wreck his butt in seconds by failing to even beat any member of the avengers including a street level one like captain America a hard time.

it didn't help he kept on cracking dumb jokes instead of being like the silent terminator or something like this.

No Caption Provided

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt: Ultron wasnt boring and actually had more charisma then Superman did.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: Buddy don't bring up off topic debates and stick with talking about MCU Ultron not the pointless DCEU vs MCU flame wars.

Let's be honest

even MCU can screw up their characters by poorly done choices or add too much humor.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

As a casual fan of the comic, I thought he was fine.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mister_Surreal

I think he was great. He was evil yet emotional. Funny yet serious. Cruel yet sympathetic. He had a lot of conflict in his character but marvel studios made it work at the same time. Not to mention the fact that he had the best voice in the MCU.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokluma: He was asking me why people flame DCEU Superman and not MCU Ultron

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gokluma
Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: Apparently you ignored everything I said, including the part where I explained how Ultron sucks even disregarding the comics.

For reference: "You just flat out explained how Ultron is one-dimensional and simple, which makes for a bad character, and yet you still don't understand how people hated him? He could have been menacing, but humor ruined that. He could have acted like an actual robot and have been cold and calculating, but humor ruined that. He could have actually been complex and have layers to himself instead of being the stereotypical "humans are bad, please die" type of character, but he wasn't. Ultron would have worked better as a James Bond villain."

Didn't mention comics once.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was ok, without James Spader's voice he would've been terrible though

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ultron's character was mirror opposite to Stark's intentions of saving a world, otherwise both have same sense of humor ,thoughts and expressions ,ego which coincides with Stark but both of them used them quite opposite purposes.It was pitch perfect to describe him as Ultron .....I think the only reason the movie was left behind because it was not well orchestrated

2.Talking about DCEU Dark Knight (i am talking about Christian Bale)>>>>>was much better than DCEU Superman .There are 100 reasons I can give why I liked christian bale as dark knight more than Henry Cahill as Superman.DCEU Man of Steel or DCEU JL or DCEU BVS was more or less better orchestrated vfx movie than the dark knight rises But dark knight rises flourished due to the depth of the character by which Christian Bale represented.He was old,lone wolf but he couldn't give up on who he is 'the Batman' even after the world hated him because they didn't know the secret between Gordon and Batman which is one of the reasons I liked this movie that there was a good relationship between Gordon and Batman

and also the relationship between between Catwoman and Batman was well played by them.Bane was also one of those characters which I admired in this movie ,due to the character's view of Gotham City .That is why DCEU Dark Knight Rises became the most grossing film of DCEU

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By byrd42

Ultron was not terrible, just very mediocre, especially because of the human sounding voice. For one thing, why would a robot that hates humans want to sound just like one? And for another, why couldn't the casting director at least find someone that could do a scary or intense sounding voice? I absolutely hate how the modern film industry (since the '90s) cast famous actors for voices of characters in animated movies, instead of casting people that have great voices (but maybe not the looks to become a huge motion picture star). The bottom line is, James Spader was severely miscast.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He was very bad lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc07bdd89a5f
deactivated-5bc07bdd89a5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron was not a bad villain. He was ok. You want to see a real bad villain?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah he wasn't good. I was expecting something more menacing but he wasn't scary or menacing at all.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Alavanka

Terrible when compared to any villain in Phase 3. He belongs in the DCEU.

Escrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Just because he was different from the comics doesn't make him a bad villain. Something people need to grow up and realize.

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was ok, not bad, not good, just ok.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Just because he was different from the comics doesn't make him a bad villain. Something people need to grow up and realize.

He wasn't really different from the comics because comics don't properly convey voice and tone of voice. It is left to the imagination and I think most of us imagined something either robotic, sinister or scary. What we wound up with in the movie is a soft spoken, almost comedic voice. It was awful. The rest of him looked really good. The voice ruined the movie for many and probably cost it money at the box office.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron was not a bad villain. He was ok. You want to see a real bad villain?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Born to be Wild Steppenwolf was lame beyond compare, but what was wrong with Doomsday? He looks pretty awesome, scary and realistic to me. I am guessing you are hating on him because he is either different from the comic book version ( I don't know the comic book version) or you are just a DCEU basher.

Escrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42 said:

What we wound up with in the movie is a soft spoken, almost comedic voice.

What? How was his voice soft-spoken or comedic though? His character was slightly comedic, sure, but his voice was amazing. Not the most sinister and menacing, but I thought it was great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42: I am hating on him because he doesn't have a personality. He is just a giant piece of S*** looking monster lmfao

If you're going to be a personality-less monster at least LOOK cool for God's sake

When I watch a fight.... it's not about looking at the pretty explosions.... For me a fight is more so a clash of personalities. Seeing 2 awesome characters in their own different ways interact in a fight.

Watching Superman fight this horrendous looking CGI piece of S*** just doesn't do it for me anymore... maybe if I was 10 years old again.

If you ARE just going to give me Superman vs Doomsday at least make it awesome like the comics... in the movie the fight was over after like 5 seconds.... after watching boring Lois Lane for 2 hours we get this S*** fight for like 5 seconds.... I blinked and it was over.

Yeah, yeah.... I know I'm exaggerating....

And I am not a DCEU basher! D; I think it's RIDICULOUS that all the critics give every single MCU movie like 90% on rotten tomatoes but they always S*** on the DC movies.

I agree they have their problems... but they aren't THAT much worse than some of these average MCU movies to where they can't even get ratings anywhere close to them.

And yes....... he is different from the comic book version...... his design is absolute S*** compared to the comic version in my personal opinion.

95% of all comic book characters on the big screen aren't as good as their comic counterparts... so how is Doomsday any different?

If you don't agree then hey that's fine.... More power to ya! :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42: Seriously though... I want you... right now... to give me somewhere between 5-10 personality traits of Doomsday, go ahead I'll wait.

And they have to be legit personality traits too.... it can't be something so easy or stupid like "he's angry" or "he's mean" or "bloodlusted" lol besides those are almost the same things right there.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42: Seriously though... I want you... right now... to give me somewhere between 5-10 personality traits of Doomsday, go ahead I'll wait.

And they have to be legit personality traits too.... it can't be something so easy or stupid like "he's angry" or "he's mean" or "bloodlusted" lol besides those are almost the same things right there.

Your explanation for why you don't like Doomsday is totally understood. I think the MUCH worse villain was Lex Luthor, and he was the one that was supposed to have all the personality and character traits, not Doomsday. After gnashing my teeth through many Lex Luthor scenes in the movie (IMO he['s by far the worst villain in CBM history), Doomsday was like a breath of fresh air to me.

Doomsday had no personality traits, and not being familiar with the comic book at all, I didn't know he was supposed to. Whole successful franchises have been built around such characters (Godzilla being the most obvious). I am not a huge, huge fan of big brainless monster movies, but some of them are reasonably enjoyable.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42 said:

What we wound up with in the movie is a soft spoken, almost comedic voice.

What? How was his voice soft-spoken or comedic though? His character was slightly comedic, sure, but his voice was amazing. Not the most sinister and menacing, but I thought it was great.

I figure that Joss Whedon thought it was great too, but based on the above poll somewhere between 30-40% thought it was awful. That is way too large of a number for such an important character in a huge box office movie. They need to figure out how to do test audiences (or a committee) for important casting choices like this. Some people seem to be blind in regards to certain glaring flaws, like not realizing that just because you yourself like something, maybe 30-40% will hate it. In my mind Avengers Age of Ultron would have done closer to the first Avengers numbers domestically had Ultron been a sinister presence on screen. Furthermore, he shaped his head/skull to look sinister/scary, but went in a completely different direction with his own voice. It makes zero story sense.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42: I am hating on him because he doesn't have a personality. He is just a giant piece of S*** looking monster lmfao

If you're going to be a personality-less monster at least LOOK cool for God's sake

When I watch a fight.... it's not about looking at the pretty explosions.... For me a fight is more so a clash of personalities. Seeing 2 awesome characters in their own different ways interact in a fight.

Watching Superman fight this horrendous looking CGI piece of S*** just doesn't do it for me anymore... maybe if I was 10 years old again.

If you ARE just going to give me Superman vs Doomsday at least make it awesome like the comics... in the movie the fight was over after like 5 seconds.... after watching boring Lois Lane for 2 hours we get this S*** fight for like 5 seconds.... I blinked and it was over.

Yeah, yeah.... I know I'm exaggerating....

And I am not a DCEU basher! D; I think it's RIDICULOUS that all the critics give every single MCU movie like 90% on rotten tomatoes but they always S*** on the DC movies.

I agree they have their problems... but they aren't THAT much worse than some of these average MCU movies to where they can't even get ratings anywhere close to them.

And yes....... he is different from the comic book version...... his design is absolute S*** compared to the comic version in my personal opinion.

95% of all comic book characters on the big screen aren't as good as their comic counterparts... so how is Doomsday any different?

If you don't agree then hey that's fine.... More power to ya! :D

Jesus Christ read a comic before making inane comments like this

Doomsday doesn't have personality lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42: "I think the MUCH worse villain was Lex Luthor, and he was the one that was supposed to have all the personality and character traits, not Doomsday. After gnashing my teeth through many Lex Luthor scenes in the movie (IMO he['s by far the worst villain in CBM history), Doomsday was like a breath of fresh air to me."

Okay... that is also a fair point hahaha I'll definitely give you that! xD .........I still wish Bryan Cranston was Lex Luthor! Dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I have read The Death Of Superman like 100 times lmfao

I was just arguing why someone would think DCEU Doomsday is a good villain.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: And you are right but in the comics he is still done a thousand times better in my personal opinion.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I have read The Death Of Superman like 100 times lmfao

I was just arguing why someone would think DCEU Doomsday is a good villain.

@buttersdaman000: And you are right but in the comics he is still done a thousand times better in my personal opinion.

So.....why are you arguing that DCEU Doomsday is a bad villain because he lacks personality?

Doomsday, no matter the medium, is barely a character -- he's a plot point. That's what he was in DoS and that's what he was in BvS. The only way he's done "better" in the comics is if you're getting nitpicky over his DCEU appearance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: No.... he was done way better.... in BvS he shows up for 5 seconds and gets his ass beat, and I don't like his origin in the movie. He was created from Zodd's corpse and Luthor's blood? Wtf? Wouldn't he look like a mix between Luthor and Zodd or something? Idk...

And it's not being nitpicky... the design is poor in comparison to the comics....... this is just my personal opinion.

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the worst of all time.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: No.... he was done way better.... in BvS he shows up for 5 seconds and gets his ass beat, and I don't like his origin in the movie. He was created from Zodd's corpse and Luthor's blood? Wtf? Wouldn't he look like a mix between Luthor and Zodd or something? Idk...

And it's not being nitpicky... the design is poor in comparison to the comics....... this is just my personal opinion.

This is incredibly nitpicky lol

Doomsday is a plot device. And your mad he wasn't focused on more lol

And DoS is probably one of the most overrated Superman books of all time. Hardly anyone regards it as actually being good or well written. It's just popular for it's importance in comic book culture.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Yeah... it wasn't focused on enough. The entire movie was trying to do a thousand things and on top of it all they also throw in the death of Superman? It was like 5 movies being crammed into 1 and because of that none of the aspects about any of it were good.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@thespartanb345t: but that's just the thing. Ultron was never emotionless. He whole thing is that he derides humanity for emotion and other such "flaws" but it is secretly just as messed up because his personality is based on Hank Pyms.