• 66 results
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks

Gonna be spoilers in this for GotG Vol. 2.

Could Cap fire this gun?

No Caption Provided

And what would have been harder?

• A: Cap's Helicopter curl
  • B: Gamora holding on to Drax's tow cable during planetary re-entry
Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well we don't know what material that was or how heavy it was but judging by looks it looks too heavy for cap to pick up and use but o think he could lift it off the ground at least or maybe if someone put in on his shoulder for him he could use it.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: I was kind of comparing it to Cap really struggling to pick up the beam that was on Bucky in Winter Soldier. Sure seems like Gamora's gun was a lot beefier then that, and I'd imagine the recoil on that thing for her to keep aiming it steady, let alone being tossed around by, has got to be pushing passed Cap's abilities. I'm curious of what other people think though.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe that when the Guardians meet the Avengers, most of the team will be stronger than the Super Soldiers.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tparks

@saberscar223: I get that it's long. My comparison is that Gamora picked up something much thicker, over her head, and balanced in on a single shoulder, while her other arm didn't support any weight as it was hot wiring the gun.

I think Gamora could have replicated the beam feat pretty easy, since Cap only needed to get one side of the beam to lift. But Cap was also shot before that, so maybe he normally could have done it too.

What I think is more impressive, is that gamora could handle all that weight and the recoil of 9 barrels all with modern day tank caliber sizes firing several shots a second. I would imagine not even modern day tanks could fire a weapon like that if it was bolted down to them.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's stronger.

I don't see Cap replicating the Holding on to Drax during re-entry feat.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Warlockmage

Caps Helicopt Curl was sexier (can you imagine if he was shirtless?)

but Gamora's reentry feat was more impressive.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spambot

Gamora got a couple of good strength feats in gotg2 which prob put her above Cap in the strength dept. Picking up that huge cannon which had to weigh like 1000+ lb and effortlessly walking while shooting and balancing it on her shoulder is an insane strength feat. Prior to this movie I actually wasn't even sure if mcu Gamora had super strength. Plus she has the leg strength to launch herself like 30+ ft into the air when she attacked the space beast thing in the beginning of the movie. She would have picked that beam up a few feet off the ground.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe that when the Guardians meet the Avengers, most of the team will be stronger than the Super Soldiers.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, she's stronger.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap could replicate the gun feat, no idea how much strength is needed to pull drax.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

When they meet probs be shown stronger

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gamora is stronger

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: I don't agree on him being able to duplicate the gun feat based on what we've seen of him so far. Granted we don't really know what it was made out of(it could be some super light space alloy) but if it weighs anywhere close to 1000lb I don't see any way in hell even mcu Cap could come close to picking it up and slinging onto his shoulder then being able to walk and fire it at the same time. The more awkward something is the harder and more strength it takes to do that and that thing was like 8-10 ft long. I think Cap would struggle to duplicate that feat even if it only weighed 500lb.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By buildhare

@spambot:

I don't agree on him being able to duplicate the gun feat based on what we've seen of him so far. Granted we don't really know what it was made out of(it could be some super light space alloy)

In that case you shouldn't disagree either.

but if it weighs anywhere close to 1000lb I don't see any way in hell even mcu Cap could come close to picking it up and slinging onto his shoulder then being able to walk and fire it at the same time. The more awkward something is the harder and more strength it takes to do that and that thing was like 8-10 ft long. I think Cap would struggle to duplicate that feat even if it only weighed 500lb.

The weight he supported here;

No Caption Provided

Lifts a motorbike overhead, which is in all likelihood a 1942 Haley Davidson WLA, the standard military motorcycle of the time. The bike has a total weight of 249kg or 549 lbs. For the three women on top I'm going to assume they are the same weight as an average american female at 75kg. (75x3)+249kg= 474kg of metal and woman being lifted. Its worth considering that Rogers performed for several months and the fact this feat was performed live (several times) without safety measures (such as ropes and wires) indicates that it wasn't very risky/hard for him to complete.

...easily, is heavier than what you thought he had no chance of lifting. He can definitely walk with that amount.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Realistically, it's what ever the script writers say.

The MCU is inconsistent when it comes to feats.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Spambot

@buildhare: I don't agree that the motorcycle feat you included is equal to the cannon feat by Gamora at all.

a. the motorcycle prob weighs like 400lb and the 3 women on it prob weigh another 400lb.

b. He is lifting it with both hands and has it balanced over his head which would make it easier to balance.

c. he is standing perfectly still.

The cannon Gamora lifted could easily have weighed well over 1000lb or even 2000lb and she scoops it up like it weighs nothing, puts it on her shoulder then keeps walking with it while also accounting for the kickback from it blasting at the same time. What Gamora did is much more impressive strength wise than what we see Cap doing in that pic.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@spambot said:

@buildhare: I don't agree that the motorcycle feat you included is equal to the cannon feat by Gamora at all.

a. the motorcycle prob weighs like 400lb and the 3 women on it prob weigh another 400lb.

b. He is lifting it with both hands and has it balanced over his head which would make it easier to balance.

The cannon Gamora lifted could easily have weighed well over 1000lb or even 2000lb and she scoops it up like it weighs nothing, puts it on her shoulder then keeps walking with it while also accounting for the kickback from it blasting at the same time. What Gamora did is much more impressive strength wise than what we see Cap doing in that pic.

Since neither of you can say how much the cannon weighed because it uses alien metals both of you are wrong and there is no point to say either way.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot:

a. the motorcycle prob weighs like 400lb and the 3 women on it prob weigh another 400lb

We know what motorbike it is, that part isn't up for debate. We have no idea how much the women weigh other than that they are physically fit, the US average is the best estimate.

b. He is lifting is with both hands and has it balanced over his head which would make it easier to balance

And this effects the feat how? Gamora didn't need balance to lift the gun.

Lifting something easily would indicate he could at least slowly walk with it as Gamora did.

The cannon Gamora lifted could easily have weighed well over 1000lb or even 2000lb

Why raise the figure? You said 1000lb a second ago now because you realise he's more than strong enough for that it's 2000lb? Regardless he has feats that surpass that (i.e helicopter curl, deadlifting the beam in TWS) so he can still replicate it even if it were that heavy.

she scoops it up like it weighs nothing

Groaning and strain aren't nothing, if this were true she would have lifted it easily but she didn't.

What Gamora did is much more impressive strength wise than what we see Cap doing in that pic.

Cap lifting similar weight effortlessly>>>Gamora lifting slightly more weight and walking slowly with it.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is stronger probably. Cap barely lifted something with his legs mostly. Gamora shouldered a massive weight

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: We are arguing based on the cannon weighing 1000lb. I said Cap wouldn't be able to duplicate it if it weighs that much and he thinks he could.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RBT

She is stronger.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: What I said is it could have weighed over 2000lb. I didn't say we needed to substitute the 2000 for the 1000 for the purposes of what we are arguing. Easily walking with something on your shoulder while it is firing and with it sticking out about 8 ft(ie awkwardly balanced) is much harder than what Cap was doing. She was walking completely smoothly also without even showing strain. If you want to disagree with me on this go ahead. Its not that deep.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dernman

@spambot said:

@dernman: We are arguing based on the cannon weighing 1000lb. I said Cap wouldn't be able to duplicate it if it weighs that much and he thinks he could.

Did you factor in that with the cannon firing that it would help her with the weight? Also you can't use the bike really because there is nothing that suggests those are his limits.

Personally if they're going by comic standards then ya she's stronger but it's more open to interpretation in the movies.

Still I wouldn't argue the 1000lb at all since we don't know if that is the weight of the cannon. I'd find that useless speculation.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Spambot

@dernman: It is useless to speculate on whether he could just as it is to say he definitely could duplicate the feat which is what I was arguing in this thread in the first place. Buildhare claimed he could duplicate it based on what we see. My point is the only way he could is if the cannon was made out of some extra light weight kind of metal. If the metal used to make it is anywhere near as dense as steel I don't think he could.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@dernman: It is useless to speculate on whether he could just as it is to say he definitely could duplicate the feat which is what I was arguing in this thread in the first place. Buildhare claimed he could duplicate it based on what we see. My point is the only way he could is if the cannon was made out of some extra light weight kind of metal.

I'm assuming you meant could and couldn't. That is was a typo when you said could twice in the first sentence.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spambot

@dernman: No I meant exactly what I stated but I am not here to argue the syntax of the above statement. Its perfectly obvious to anyone what is being argued in this thread to anyone who reads it. Its not that serious and I stand by Cap not being able to duplicate it if the cannon is made of anything close to dense as steel or even Tungsten are.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dernman

@spambot: I'm sorry I know you don't want to argue this but it'll bug me until it's cleared up. It could be I'm reading it wrong which is all the more reason to clear it up for me. I don't like misinterpretations especially when it's me doing it.

It is useless to speculate on whether he could

and

just as it is to say he definitely could duplicate the feat which is what I was arguing in this thread

One sentence both saying the same thing twice.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's stronger easily.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: There's a difference between speculating about something and making a definitive statement about something.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dernman

@spambot: ok I see the problem. I was glossing over those words.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Spambot

For the record, the cannon that Gamora is seen lifting and carrying on her shoulder I calculated to weigh almost 36000lb if it were solid iron. That's with estimating its width at 4ft and its length at 10ft. So even if it were made of an alloy that were 1/10th the density of iron it would still weigh 3600lb. So I think a conservative estimate of its weight would be at least 4000lb or 2 tons though it could be much higher than that. It could easily weigh 5-10 tons.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamora is stronger, which isn't anything new as she's stronger than him in the comics too.

CapMurica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we are forgetting that Ego said his planet was about the size of Earth's moon and if we assume that that the gravity is equal to the moon's then the gun is about 1/6th Earth normal weight. But that wouldn't change the fact that she's managing the recoil, in fact, it makes it makes it more impressive because there is more relative force from the recoil and less force from gravity.

While there is likely a lot of plot physics involved, I would likely say that she is stronger. Afterall, Cap is described as human with all stats maxed and Gamora is some kind of alien. Although it was a surprise to see her have "super strength" of any kind.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is stronger due to the holding onto Drax feat. He has every other advantage other than pure physical lifting strength though.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While there is likely a lot of plot physics involved, I would likely say that she is stronger. Afterall, Cap is described as human with all stats maxed and Gamora is some kind of alien. Although it was a surprise to see her have "super strength" of any kind.

Gamora is enhanced on top of whatever bonuses her alien physiology gives her.

This from GotG during the lineup scene:

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deltahuman

Gamora is stronger. Being called the galaxy's top assassin should mean something. She's cybernetically enhanced. Her whole body is enhanced.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People really want her to be. Comics wise she should be, but from I have seen no. He has better feats. Throwing Ultron and lifting the beam for example. Infinity War should clear it up...

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She fell for like 30 seconds and lands on her feat casually, Cap had to land on his shield from only like 20 floors and was hurt when he done it

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's likely superior.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People really want her to be. Comics wise she should be, but from I have seen no. He has better feats. Throwing Ultron and lifting the beam for example. Infinity War should clear it up...

Is there a real reason for thinking that IW will somehow clear up who is stronger between Cap and Gamora?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is stronger. Better strength feats

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

MUH FEATZ

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamora has better strength feats honestly,casually holding that gun is one as well as how far she is able to jump, and holding onto Drax during re-entry. I don't know why people ignore this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: I was speculating. They will possibly be on screen together. She will be possily seen on Earth doing stuff there so I have a feeling we will get some concrete stuff. I’m not certain

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Spambot

@spambot: I was speculating. They will possibly be on screen together. She will be possily seen on Earth doing stuff there so I have a feeling we will get some concrete stuff. I’m not certain

I don't think them being on screen together really makes it likely we will get a clear idea of which of them is stronger.