• 143 results
bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By bleidd

Poll Is MCU Captain Marvel more durable than DCEU Superman (137 votes)

Yes, Carol is more durable because she no-sold Thanos' headbutt 45%
No, Clark is more durable because Diana hits harder than Thanos 16%
No, Carol was drawing power from the Infinity stones 9%
No, Carol no-selling Thanos' headbutt is an outlier 4%
No, Clark getting dazed by Diana's headbutt is an outlier 4%
None of the above. I have another/a better explanation 7%
WW speedblitzes and decapitates 4%
I have no idea. I'd rather see the results 12%

Battle of the Headbutts

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
 • 
Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo I think we need to wait till she has more on screen battles they brought her in last minute to give the heroes an extra power boost but her close combat abilities have been very inconsistent.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel drawing power from the power stone makes no sense. She hasn't done anything remotely similar.

She legit no sold the hit from the scene itself.

However I'm fairly sure Superman could replicate Carol's fear because he has much better durability feats which are far more consistent.

We'll have to wait and see more of Carol.

Maybe taking that hit wasn't an outlier.

nightgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: They’re on the same tier when it comes to blunt force durability.

TheVVitchKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel has better energy and blunt force durability Superman has a clear edge in piercing

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Carol wasn't getting amped by the stones, then yes. Superman isn't no selling a hit from Thanos.

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: Quotation on her drawing power?

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

If Carol wasn't getting amped by the stones, then yes. Superman isn't no selling a hit from Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ce31fd2abc3a
deactivated-5ce31fd2abc3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see Superman no selling Sanctuary's air strike - So yea

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends how good is Thanos in headbutting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Because a single blast was strong enough to overpower Wanda's TK shield and oneshot leviathans - And she no sold dozens of repeated blasts head on w/o even slowing down. Clark doesn't have anything comparable.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mhm- said:

@ready_4_madness: Because a single blast was strong enough to overpower Wanda's TK shield and oneshot leviathans - And she no sold dozens of repeated blasts head on w/o even slowing down. Clark doesn't have anything comparable.

He tanked a nuke. He only got harmed from the radiation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killermovies:

He nearly died from a nuke and was only revived thanks to the sunlight - There's nothing to confirm it was only the radiation that harmed him.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mhm- said:

@killermovies:

He nearly died from a nuke and was only revived thanks to the sunlight - There's nothing to confirm it was only the radiation that harmed him.

Superman tanked the explosion without a problem. His body turned into a corpse because his cells absorbed Ionized Radiation. That whats Kryptonians do. Absorb radiation in a much higher and stronger rate. That is what Jor-El literally said.

Why would a physical force turn him into a mummy ? Kryptonian cells absorbs radiation. Period.

If it was just a warhead, napalm at that size or anything without Radiation, he would've been fine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killermovies:

If it was just a warhead, napalm at that size or anything without Radiation, he would've been fine.

There's nothing to confirm this - No director's statement or confirmation within the movie. If you can confirm without a doubt that Clark would've been totally fine had the nuke not have released radiation or if Clark has feats comparable to tanking a nuke I'll agree he's more durable. If not, my answer is still Carol.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mhm-: Clark no-sold a missile to his head. In Avengers one of Iron Man's much smaller missiles blew a leviathan up to bits. Clark won't even be tickled by those. This isn't even taking his other feats into account, feats like outright no-selling orbital re-entry (would splatter a leviathan) and completely no-selling the capitol explosion like a breeze of air.

Clark would no-sell those missiles, easily. This is a guy who casually busted a mountain top by accident simply by falling and toppled a building by accident, but Carol is more durable because she no-sold one of those missiles? Yeah, no.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

I agree with this. I haven't seen her solo movie though.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mhm- said:

@killermovies:

There's nothing to confirm this - No director's statement or confirmation within the movie. If you can confirm without a doubt that Clark would've been totally fine had the nuke not have released radiation or if Clark has feats comparable to tanking a nuke I'll agree he's more durable. If not, my answer is still Carol.

Fair enough

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Worldofthunder

Moments before that Thanos tossed her like a ragdoll, she didn't no-sell the headbut until she held the IG for an extended amount of time in which sh e glowed up and emitted more and more light. That isn't a coincidence.

Clark is by far more durable.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Carol absorbs energy, that’s why the stones energy stopped flowing through thanos’ arm when she grabbed the gauntlet and why she was able to over power him with 1 hand when before she was struggling with 2 hands

So supes should still be more durable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder:

Clark no-sold a missile to his head. In Avengers one of Iron Man's much smaller missiles blew a leviathan up to bits. Clark won't even be tickled by those.

The missiles Iron Man was using in Avengers were confirmed to be mini Jericho missiles by the script. Also the leviathan only blew up because Hulk had damaged the armor and it was tearing apart as it flipped and Stark shot the missile at its exposed skin.

No Caption Provided

This isn't even taking his other feats into account, feats like outright no-selling orbital re-entry

Carol no sold orbital reentry as well - heck the Kree fighter jets she was blowing up and flying into were physically undamaged by orbital re-entry. Leviathans were flying through buildings undamaged.

Also I think you need to look at that scene again. Carol literally no sold dozens upon dozens of those attacks and then proceded to bullrush headfirst into Sanctuary creating a massive hole in it and disabling the ship. That's more impressive than destroying a mountain top by a decent margin and no selling the Capital Explosion. Carol has already no sold much much more powerful explosions created by Kree ballistic missiles.

No Caption Provided

again a single blast is powerful enough to oneshot Wanda through her TK shields and rip through a leviathan and the Corvus said the air strike would eliminate Thanos' entire fleet.

No Caption Provided

but Carol is more durable because she no-sold one of those missiles? Yeah, no

No, Carol is more durable because she can no sell dozens upon dozens of those "missiles" in an extremely short time frame.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

The poll options you put up were clearly made to favor CM. It was a pretty transparent attempt all things considered.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder:

To be fair Clark Carol took those blasts much more casualty than Clark took just one shot from Zod’s spaceship. He was grimacing in pain and that allowed Zod to escape.

OT I am on the side that Carol was absorbing the power of the stones. If she wasn’t, then she’s maybe more durable than Clark.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going by consistent feats, no. One single similar showing isn’t enough to say that Carol is more durable.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So do people agree that the Stones increase stats?

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I think it’s reasonable to say that Wonder Woman’s tiara could have amped the force of her headbutt.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's being debated whether or not she's more durable due to this one feat? That's strange.

Clark's body survived direct exposure to a nuclear explosion and his body was exposed to ionizing radiation in the process, which weakens him. Merely surviving something that powerful while it's weakening you is an amazing feat.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: sometimes, Malekith got increased stats from the reality stone for certain.

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The poll options you put up were clearly made to favor CM. It was a pretty transparent attempt all things considered.

I'm not a fan of CM. Just so you know.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake said:

@batman242: sometimes, Malekith got increased stats from the reality stone for certain.

I've argued exactly that in about 4 different threads several months ago and had about 6 people oppose my argument saying there's absolutely no proof in the face of it.

I don't even think Carol was being amped by the Stones, but it's weird that that of all scenes make people even ponder the possibility.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's far more durable than Carol though.

Unless this is stones-amped Carol..

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13:

I have no idea where that came from tbh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously don't know how people came to the conclusion that Carol absorbed the stone's energies without there being any form of implication whatsoever that she could do that.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: It's because she's a girl.

But I don't even think the stones do amp someone because Thanos wouldn't have had to remove the stone from the Gauntlet to get her off of him. In fact, she wouldn't have even overpowered him in the first place if that was the case.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mhm-: I feel like the only legit case someone can make for it is that Carol couldn't overpower a Thanos with a chewed up left arm yet could a prime Thanos. But even then that's a stretch considering Carol has like never been shown to absorb energy in the MCU.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mhm- said:

I seriously don't know how people came to the conclusion that Carol absorbed the stone's energies without there being any form of implication whatsoever that she could do that.

No Caption Provided

Carol absorbs energy, that’s why the stones energy stopped flowing through thanos’ arm when she grabbed the gauntlet and why she was able to over power him with 1 hand when before she was struggling with 2 hands

So supes should still be more durable

Why did the stones energy stop flowing through Thanos if she wasn’t absorbing it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11:

Honestly, I don't know - But I can't accept Carol single handily absorbing the energies of the freakin IG without there being any explanation as to how or that she was actually doing it. Also unless I missed something in Captain Marvel, Carol has never even hinted at being able to absorb energy and I remember them needing Goose to carry around the tesseract.

Its not like no selling Thanos' headbutt is any more impressive than no selling Sanctuary's air strike or the huge explosion caused by the Kree ballistic missiles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mhm- said:

@webinyoureye11:

Honestly, I don't know - But I can't accept Carol single handily absorbing the energies of the freakin IG without there being any explanation as to how or that she was actually doing it. Also unless I missed something in Captain Marvel, Carol has never even hinted at being able to absorb energy and I remember them needing Goose to carry around the tesseract.

I mean, it’s an ability she has in the comics, it’s in an official mcu book, and its the only explanation for her struggling with Thanos before the stones, and then easily overpowering him once she got a hold of them

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11:

and its the only explanation for her struggling with Thanos before the stones, and then easily overpowering him once she got a hold of them

In their second encounter Thanos was fatigued having fought his way through two Thors and Iron Man and was wearing the IG which actively released energies that brought the Hulk to his knees. He wasn't at his most powerful. In their first encounter Thanos was caught off guard but unfatigued.

That to me makes a lot more sense than Carol being able to handle the IG's energies several times better than Hulk and Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: Because energy only flows for few seconds when someone puts on gauntlet before they can snap. It don't flow forever. Thanos was gonna snap when the energy stopped flowing and that's when Carol came and stopped him.

No Caption Provided

We can clearly repeatedly see Energy flowing when someone.puts on Infinity gauntlet( Thanos, Hulk and ironman). Also stones glow when someone uses if power. Both of which do not happen when Carol is fighting Thanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mhm- said:

@webinyoureye11:

and its the only explanation for her struggling with Thanos before the stones, and then easily overpowering him once she got a hold of them

In their second encounter Thanos was fatigued having fought his way through two Thors and Iron Man and was wearing the IG which actively released energies that brought the Hulk to his knees. He wasn't at his most powerful. In their first encounter Thanos was caught off guard but unfatigued.

That to me makes a lot more sense than Carol being able to handle the IG's energies several times better than Hulk and Thor.

That’s headcanon.

First of all, there is nothing to suggest he was fatigued. Just cause he fought Cap & Thor doesn’t mean he was weaker... There’s nothing to back that up, whereas carol absorbing energy has an official statement and onscreen evidence to back it up

second, only the actual snap damaged Thanos and hulk. they still had energy flow through them that didn’t damage them, and that’s what she absorbed.

Putting the gauntlet on outputs x amount of energy (not enough to shrivel their arms) but snapping half the universe away outputs way more, hence the blackened arm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: Because energy only flows for few seconds when someone puts on gauntlet before they can snap. It don't flow forever. Thanos was gonna snap when the energy stopped flowing and that's when Carol came and stopped him.

No Caption Provided

We can clearly repeatedly see Energy flowing when someone.puts on Infinity gauntlet( Thanos, Hulk and ironman). Also stones glow when someone uses if power. Both of which do not happen when Carol is fighting Thanos

No Caption Provided

You literally see the energy flowing through his arm up until the moment carol grabs him

The only explanation is she reversed the flow of energy

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvaderrocks: The IG complicates things in the sense that in order to be affected by the Stone's powers in anyway, you would have to clench your fist. Remember that was the short term objective in the fight on Titan in IW? In EG he was about to snap his fingers to activate the Stones and Carol prevents this. Thanos did some thinking on his feet and held the Stone directly in his hand to gain an amp.

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it amusing that so many people here think that Diana hits harder than Thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11:The movie repeatedly shows Thanos, Hulk being incredible pain when the energy flows through them yet carol absorbing the energy like nothing makes her incredibly OP.

So the the gauntlet simply stop working when another person touches it is a better explanation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd said:

I find it amusing that so many people here think that Diana hits harder than Thanos.

Well, Diana hitting Clark causes a Shockwave. Also Diana was not in God mode like in her solo movie so she is not really in her full power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11:The movie repeatedly shows Thanos, Hulk being incredible pain when the energy flows through them yet carol absorbing the energy like nothing makes her incredibly OP.

So the the gauntlet simply stop working when another person touches it is a better explanation.

Or maybe her ability to absorb energy allows her not to feel pain from all the energy.

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd said:

Well, Diana hitting Clark causes a Shockwave. Also Diana was not in God mode like in her solo movie so she is not really in her full power

Diana has always been in her so called "God-mode" since her fight with Ares. What you're calling "God-mode" is nothing but Diana unlocking her full potential during that fight and it's Steve Trevors' death that triggers it. So there's no "God-mode". Because if it was there she would've used it against someone like Steppenwolf when he was giving her an a$$ whooping. I'm amazed that people still make that argument.

Juggerman40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Yep but they also gotta be glowing too it appears.

But here's a HQ screenshot of the scene(http://imgur.com/a/uIHlY8m)and it's interesting because you can see a purple/blue light come from Thanos hand and that's definitely not what's coming out of Carol's right hand. So I really don't know what to make of the scene.