Is Maria Hill's death in the Secret Invasion series an example of Hollywood sexism?

rokeha2689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Maria Hill's death in the Secret Invasion series an example of Hollywood sexism? (14 votes)

I am neither male/female, and I AGREE Maria Hill's death in the Secret Invasion series is Hollywood sexism 14%
I am neither male/female, and I DISAGREE Maria Hill's death in the Secret Invasion series is Hollywood sexism 14%
I identify as female, and I AGREE Maria Hill's death in the Secret Invasion series is Hollywood sexism 7%
I identify as female, and I DISAGREE Maria Hill's death in the Secret Invasion series is Hollywood sexism 0%
I identify as male, and I AGREE Maria Hill's death in the Secret Invasion series is Hollywood sexism 14%
I identify as male, and I DISAGREE Maria Hill's death in the Secret Invasion series is Hollywood sexism 50%

Read and stumbled onto some articles about MCU's Secret Invasion series relating to Maria Hill's death.

Example: https://www.ign.com/articles/secret-invasion-failed-maria-hill

Apparently, critics were upset about Maria Hill being killed off unceremoniously compared to that of Tony Stark and other male characters, and accused this of being an example of the "fridging" trope - "a woman is killed or injured to push forward the narrative of a male character and their development".

The argument goes that:

• The younger Cobie Smulders back in the 2010s served as mere eye candy standing next to Nick Fury and lacks any important role to the plot.
  • Now in her 40s, she's rightfully portrayed as middle-aged as seen in Secret Invasion, also reflected in her dress sense.
  • So she's of less value in making Nick Fury look more important, so she's killed off to bring impact to Fury's own plot.

Do you agree? Discuss.

• 
macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By macattack1

What are these options lmao

And I feel sorry for anyone that agrees with this, must be hard to constantly look at the world in this way.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

MaderFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is this?

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Secret Invasion treated Fury's character far worse than Maria Hill. Does that make it an example of Hollywood Misandrism?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maria Hill's death in the Secret Invasion series was an example of Bad Writing. That's all for me.

bubline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bubline

CV is a notoriously sexist site, this thread is a sight for sore eyes. Even Ms Marvel got rekt in the Spider-Man comics and people were too obsessed about Peter getting cucked

No Caption Provided
Koose104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Koose104  Online

This is a nonsense nothing burger

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maria Hill's death in the Secret Invasion series was an example of Bad Writing. That's all for me.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers