#1 Posted by Ryokuma100 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Boruto revolved around the fact that Naruto wasn’t there and he would periodically send a Shadow Clone to do things with his kids and wife at home. His clone disappeared one day because of a loss of chakra and made Boruto understandably mad.

But I’m wondering if it’s logical to be mad if your parent or someone you love uses the technique.

Because the clone is the same person and the original caster regains the memories of the clone after disappearance.

So would you be mad if your parents and/or your significant other used the technique with you

#2 Posted by Kidolio (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if they have a good reason to do so I personally think naruto is justified on sending shadow clones because he’s running an entire village.

#3 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (6132 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidolio said:

Only if they have a good reason to do so I personally think naruto is justified on sending shadow clones because he’s running an entire village.

Yeah...

What wasn't justified at all and was complete PIS was he sending a kage bunshin to Himawari's birthday AFTER promising Boruto he would go. Naruto's whole series revolved around never going back on his word.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#4 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (4454 posts) - - Show Bio

^This basically, Naruto literally kept his promise to bring Sasuke back to the village and this was after Sasuke had said he wanted to slaughter said village down to the last innocent, him keeping his promise to show up to his own kid's birthday party should have literally been nothing for him. Naruto has all this chakra, and yet he couldn't spare a few hours to let a shadow clone do his job while he enjoys some time with his family? I severely doubt anyone would fault him for that.

So honestly, despite not being into Boruto for the most part, I DO get why Boruto was so pissed at his father, I just wish it wasn't a reason loaded with PIS. I guess they needed a somewhat feasible reason he'd seek Sasuke out as a mentor instead of Naruto.

#5 Posted by ovy7 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm the only one who finds it stupid how Naruto doesn't use his Shadow Clones to run the village while he spends time with his family? For real now, IIRC, those things directly transfer all of their knowledge back to Naruto when they dissapear, so he won't lose anything important.

#6 Posted by Kidolio (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@ovy7: Now that I think about yeah that doesn’t make sense why he doesn’t just run the village with clones because every clone can read one scroll and finish all his paper work in a a few minutes. He obviously has enough stamina for it.

#7 Posted by ovy7 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidolio: Because then there won't be any conflict. They are literally sacrificing logic and Naruto's character just to create some shit conflict for Boruto.