Posted by Gokluma (7398 posts) 4 months, 10 days ago

Poll: Is it right to use a love potion or love arrows on any girl or boy? (30 votes)

Yes 13%
Nope since it's mind control 77%
Maybe it depends... 20%

I'm just wondering is it right to use love potions or love arrows from cupid to get someone instantly love with you like it was so easy and doesn't need to work very hard at getting the relationship?

#1 Posted by TifaLockhart (20877 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it's as wrong as Starfox.

#2 Posted by Gokluma (7398 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by MetalJimmor (5710 posts) - - Show Bio

It's literally intoxicating someone so that they can no longer choose to not have sex with you.

#4 Posted by Kevd4wg (9663 posts) - - Show Bio

Well those don't work IRL so you're just murdering or severely injuring a person with an arrow

#5 Posted by awshucks (531 posts) - - Show Bio

No, but you could use them on an enemy to make them fall in love with someone who you know will break their heart.

#6 Posted by Gokluma (7398 posts) - - Show Bio

@awshucks: Good idea and make me wonder why heroes never did that

#7 Posted by awshucks (531 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokluma: It isn't something a hero would do. I'm talking about if you really hate someone or want to manipulate them the power to make them fall head over heels for anybody would be serious bad news for them.

#8 Posted by Gokluma (7398 posts) - - Show Bio

@awshucks: True unless it's like a crazy anti hero has no morals for villain

#9 Posted by awshucks (531 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokluma: At that point they'd just be a villain.

#10 Posted by Gokluma (7398 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by JuJuCrunk (437 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokluma: If you have to ask that you're a rapist. Having your way with someone against their will is rape. It's no different then using roofies.

#12 Posted by awshucks (531 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Gokluma (7398 posts) - - Show Bio

@jujucrunk: Well i was just thinking of why didn't used love potion at distracting enemy or something to make them slow down?

but why said i'm a rapist for asking a simple question?

#14 Posted by Aros001 (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

Best case scenario, the arrow/potion is bring out what that person already feels for you and was maybe too timid to act on, but even then lowering inhibitions or deliberately taking someone out of their normal mindset to a more dulled one really makes it less and less likely that the person is giving actual consent.

I can't think of any situation where it'd ever be considered right to use such a thing on someone. Best case it's highly morally and ethically questionable and every other case it is outright wrong.

#15 Posted by Gripper (2337 posts) - - Show Bio

When I read the title, all I could think of was this....

Loading Video...

#16 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36112 posts) - - Show Bio

It’s weird every comdey and science fiction tv show from Bewitched & Genie to Buffy The Vampire Slayer has done a love potion episode. The idea of using a love potion used to be cute; now we clearly all realize it’s not cute, it’s rape.

#17 Posted by Gokluma (7398 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001: Yeah since it just odd and somehow so many tv shows kept on doing love potion/arrow plotlines

#18 Posted by RL4 (1644 posts) - - Show Bio

No. It’s unethical to take free will from someone for personal gain.

#19 Posted by Gokluma (7398 posts) - - Show Bio

@rl4: True yet these babies with wings are shooting weird love arrows on people for some reason..

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#20 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (2733 posts) - - Show Bio

The only scenario I could think of where it would be even remotely ok is if both people affected already had feelings for each other but couldn't act on them. Even then it's a pretty drastic and questionable method to use for something like that. I always did dislike love potion/love arrow episodes in shows, unless it was in a comedy and the joke pulled off really well.

#21 Posted by Wut (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

You and trying to use mind control to force people to love you. Brah, seriously reexamine your life.

#22 Posted by RL4 (1644 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokluma:

A cherub like Cupid firing love arrows at people is typically meant to be metaphorical in most forms of media. A sort of interpretation and personification for one’s own newfound emotions.

“Love arrows” are usually a joke in whatever media they’re not from.

#23 Edited by Gokluma (7398 posts) - - Show Bio

@wut: Well it just got question from so many love potion/love arrow episodes in so many shows.

#24 Posted by Gokluma (7398 posts) - - Show Bio

@fullmetalemprah: Yeah and it's always confusing to me of how main characters never get punished for doing that on random people.

#25 Posted by Gokluma (7398 posts) - - Show Bio

@rl4: Of course but still odd how some fictional stories always have something crazy with cherub.

#26 Posted by IceHeart_30 (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

No. If you make sexual connection with her/him it would be more immoral and rape.

#27 Edited by Jgames (7727 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the time no, even if my horny self say otherwise. I say the only scenario is when both person already like each other, they are a terrible person, if the other person is willing to get shot or drink the love potion, maybe use it as a way to make a forve loveless marriage less miserable and those are some of the only scenarion I can think on top of my head where that would be acceptable and not just plain rape.

#28 Posted by thatduderox (880 posts) - - Show Bio

It's rape. You're taking away their ability to say no.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#29 Posted by infantfinite128 (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

No. It would be evil to make someone a love slave. It's not even real love. The person has no free will to freely love the person.

It's why God gives people free will to love Him or hate Him.