Is it possible to experience the whole DC Universe or Marvel Universe in chronological order?

NetSpiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been thinking about doing this but I'm worried that since there are dozens of comic series published every year, experiencing an entire universe in chronological order will require switching from Character A's adventures to Character B's adventures to Character C's adventures and all the way to Character Z's adventures. So by the time I get back to Character A, I may have forgotten the details of Character A's last story arc.

Is there anyone here who reads all of the DC Universe or Marvel Universe comics published each year? Do you manage to keep all the different stories straight in your head or do you find yourself having to re-read stuff you've already read to refresh your memory?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 anthp2000  Moderator

Good luck with that. I often forget what happened to the first stories of individual characters reading through their personal history in chronological order.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only after they are published. comics are notorious for being delayed. There is no telling what’s supposed to come first. Also, some writers don’t even care about continuity so some things are just retconned.

Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers