Is it possible for DCEU Aquaman to lift The Titanic?

• 97 results
Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is it possible for DCEU Aquaman to lift The Titanic? (130 votes)

Yes casually 59%
No, he can't 35%
Results 5%

What do you guys think?

Let me hear your opinion on the matter.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes as he lifted a 40000 tonned submarine

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archangel01:

The titanic is 10,000 tons heavier than that if I’m not mistaken

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emanresu_20: My bad it is more heavier but Aquaman still would be able to lift it,I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go ahead and just say yeah.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c12422f9a96c
deactivated-5c12422f9a96c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should be able to do it.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Amcu

@archangel01 said:

yes as he lifted a 40000 tonned submarine

You sure about that? To my knowledge there's only one type of submarine on the planet with that level of displacement. The Typhoon class.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably if he uses maximum amount of effort

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The Titanic is heavier than any submarine.

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it's possible.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its possible

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure. Maybe? Questions about the submarine:

1. Do we know the type of sub?

2. How deep was the sub?

3. How long did it take Aquaman to surface w/ the sub?

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

seems possible thanks to Submarine feat.

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps.

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By macattack1

No. He put effort in to lift a Boulder.

Most calculations of his sub feat are laughably inaccurate because they don’t take into account the subs neutral buoyancy meaning the water is supporting most of the weight. I’ve even seen one suggest he was lifting the combined weight of the sub plus the entire column of water above it lol.

DCEU Aquaman is no where near this level, this is more superman’s ballpark.

remyzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By remyzero

Obviously he casually lifted a submarine above water levels

Punched the new God steppenwolf and sent him flying

remyzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He put effort in to lift a Boulder.

Most calculations of his sub feat are laughably inaccurate because they don’t take into account the subs neutral buoyancy meaning the water is supporting most of the weight. I’ve even seen one suggest he was lifting the combined weight of the sub plus the entire column of water above it lol.

DCEU Aquaman is no where near this level, this is more superman’s ballpark.

Superman already lifted tectonic planet and destroyed planetary machine, and stated to be stronger than world. Superman is not necessary to lift a small ship, Aquaman can easily handle it.

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By macattack1

@remyzero: Superman never lifted a tectonic plate. He ‘shitfted’ one according to a newspaper article in the background of a shot, a feat which was never shown and was obviously just put there as an Easter egg to an older superman film and not something to be taken seriously.

The machinery he destroyed wasn’t planetary in of itself, it could simply effect a planet over a very long period of time. Over the significant amount of time it was operational on film it barely destroyed a few city blocks.

Being stronger than a planet was directly contradicted by him being KO’d by a small nuke and vaped by the motherboxes. It is obviously hyperbole.

As far as lifting feats go, Superman’s best is probably lifting an apartment block, so yes I stand by this being in Superman’s ballpark.

And anyway, this ridiculous Superman wank from you is irrelevant, because Superman’s feats have no bearing on the topic of how strong Aquaman is because he never made Superman struggle so doesn’t scale to him.

As far as feats go, Aquaman has nothing close to this, and certainly nothing to suggest he can ‘easily handle it’.

remyzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By remyzero
@macattack1 said:

@remyzero: Superman never lifted a tectonic plate. He ‘shitfted’ one according to a newspaper article in the background of a shot, a feat which was never shown and was obviously just put there as an Easter egg to an older superman film and not something to be taken seriously.

The machinery he destroyed wasn’t planetary in of itself, it could simply effect a planet over a very long period of time. Over the significant amount of time it was operational on film it barely destroyed a few city blocks.

Being stronger than a planet was directly contradicted by him being KO’d by a small nuke and vaped by the motherboxes. It is obviously hyperbole.

As far as lifting feats go, Superman’s best is probably lifting an apartment block, so yes I stand by this being in Superman’s ballpark.

And anyway, this ridiculous Superman wank from you is irrelevant, because Superman’s feats have no bearing on the topic of how strong Aquaman is because he never made Superman struggle so doesn’t scale to him.

As far as feats go, Aquaman has nothing close to this, and certainly nothing to suggest he can ‘easily handle it’.

Being stronger than planet wasn't contradicted

He was wekaned by kryptonite, lack of sunlight and beaten by doomsday, he tanked the nuke while he was like% 0.000001 and if you noticed at he was out because there was no sun at the moment, when sun reached him he instantly healed despite kryptonite in his system.

Taking that nuke already proves superman is stronger than planet

Superman was stated to be stronger than planet in justice league. its later than doomsday movie. so obviously Batman saw superman as stronger than you can see. in doomsday movie he was fighting with kryptonite and lack of sunlight.

remyzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By remyzero
@graysonblake said:

Yes, he can. No one has debunked the calc i provided for his 500k ton submarine lift too.

Of course he can, he casually lifted a submarine over water.submarines head was already above water this already means he can lift at least %60-70 of that submarine. He didn't lift entire submarine because he is standing over water. Back of the submarine bad to touch the water.
, that sub must be around 20-30 k ton lifting the front of submarine requires 15k tons of strength but since aquaman was able to lift 15k tons with that speed, it proves that he can lift 50k ton Titanic.
Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Eri_Joni  Online

He can't.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see him doing it, he didn’t look like he was struggling much with the submarine

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By coolcat4

People still don't understand how buoyance works i see. Him moving the sub in water is not even close to him lifting it out of water. So as of now no he has no feats to suggest he can move the titanic.

Elijahbane25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

JComics2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, he can. But only in water.

MikeMageo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The Titanic is heavier than any submarine.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

It would be his best feat if he did.

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he can.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes, he can. No one has debunked the calc i provided for his 500k ton submarine lift too.

Man your everywhere. It’s like your creating shadow clones lol.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's nothing to say he can't.

remyzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By remyzero

submarine engines are powerful enough to lift %5 of their weight but submarines have pointy front, even if to push submarine horizontally with low speed you have to be able lift %5 of that submarine's weight.

Aquaman lifted submarine with its wider side with possibly higher speed.

Even someone calculated that for this submarine aquaman had to lift % 30 its weight.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/dceu-aquaman-half-million-ton-strength-debunk-thre-2035260/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/dceu-aquaman-half-million-ton-strength-debunk-thre-2035260/

If someone can lift %30 of its weight for 500 meters and lift it above the water.

He can definitely lift more than submarine itself.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

People still don't understand how buoyance works i see. Him moving the sub in water is not even close to him lifting it out of water. So as of now no he has no feats to suggest he can move the titanic.

Dude, its harder to lift things in water than on land. Being under water isn’t like being on the moon. Also, he can’t lift the titanic because it would fall apart. He isn’t Superman who has tactile telekinesis.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

Dude, its harder to lift things in water than on land. Being under water isn’t like being on the moon. Also, he can’t lift the titanic because it would fall apart. He isn’t Superman who has tactile telekinesis.

That is false you need to exert less force to lift something in water then on land. Every object when in water has the equivalent force exerted on it of the volume of water it displaces. So what matters is the objects overall density. If an object is more dense its force of gravity is greater then the buoyant force and it sinks, but it still has the equivalent weight of the water it displaced pushing up on it.

Here is a little drawing i found to show this:

No Caption Provided

The sub works by using a ballast to alter its overall weight and density. Making it less dense raises it making it lighter than the displaced water, more dense it becomes heavier. The sub was at equilibrium not moving up or down so its weight was equal to the water displaced. So any force in any direction would move it. Now how much force he needed to exert comes down to the acceleration of the sub and the drag force.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Eredin12  Online

Nah

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By macleen
@coolcat4 said:
@christianrapper said:
@coolcat4 said:

That is false you need to exert less force to lift something in water then on land. Every object when in water has the equivalent force exerted on it of the volume of water it displaces. So what matters is the objects overall density. If an object is more dense its force of gravity is greater then the buoyant force and it sinks, but it still has the equivalent weight of the water it displaced pushing up on it.

Have you ever tried running under water. While the force exerted may be weaker, you're not accounting for the drag. Water offers more drag than air which means you'll need more effort to move an object of constant mass at a certain speed compared to the same object at the same speed through air.

Here is a little drawing i found to show this:

No Caption Provided

The sub works by using a ballast to alter its overall weight and density. Making it less dense raises it making it lighter than the displaced water, more dense it becomes heavier. The sub was at equilibrium not moving up or down so its weight was equal to the water displaced. So any force in any direction would move it. Now how much force he needed to exert comes down to the acceleration of the sub and the drag force.

The sub was at equillibrium sure but you're missing a few things. One, the sub was in operation in the open seas which would about about 300 meters(being conservative) assuming its a modern nuclear sub. This means the ballast tanks were filled with water so not any force as you would put it would move it. The force needs to overcome inertia (still works in fluids), so I don't know why you ignored this part.

Secondly, did you forget the sub wasn't stationary but actually moving? Aquaman had to deal with its momentum too before lifting it out of the water.

Thirdly, you left out the part where pressure in fluids increases with depth. The force Aquaman exerted at the original position of the sub would be significantly higher than when he was closer to the surface(pressure which he also has to overcome in addition to the inertia and drag), add that to Newton's Second law and that feat becomes legit OP.

So unless you believe the sub lost its momentum, mass or pressure doesn't exist, I'd say that feat is enough to lift the Titanic.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen:

I was directing this to the statement that it is harder to lift things in water. So you are missing the context of my reply. Also as you see at the bottom i mention acceleration and drag. The things you said i didnt mention. But my post wast about those.

Have you ever tried running under water. While the force exerted may be weaker, you're not accounting for the drag. Water offers more drag than air which means you'll need more effort to move an object of constant mass at a certain speed compared to the same object at the same speed through air

Drag would be less then the equivalent force required to lift the sub on land. Especially since subs are design to be low drag. And this effect is even less pronounced the more massive an object. Since mass increases cubed compared to area which is squared.

The sub was at equillibrium sure but you're missing a few things. One, the sub was in operation in the open seas which would about about 300 meters(being conservative) assuming its a modern nuclear sub. This means the ballast tanks were filled with water so not any force as you would put it would move it. The force needs to overcome inertia (still works in fluids), so I don't know why you ignored this part.

Secondly, did you forget the sub wasn't stationary but actually moving? Aquaman had to deal with its momentum too before lifting it out of the water.

I didnt ignore this Im not trying to calc this feat just letting people know that it isnt equivalent to lifting something on land. My comment is accurate as i said the amount of movement is dependent on the force. Even if it is one pound of force it is still moved just very small. If the sub was not moving down then no inertia is overcame to move it up. Remember vectors inertia is dependent on direction. It doesnt matter if the sub was moving horizontally since the force is applied perpendicular.

Thirdly, you left out the part where pressure in fluids increases with depth. The force Aquaman exerted at the original position of the sub would be significantly higher than when he was closer to the surface(pressure which he also has to overcome in addition to the inertia and drag), add that to Newton's Second law and that feat becomes legit OP.

So unless you believe the sub lost its momentum, mass or pressure doesn't exist, I'd say that feat is enough to lift the Titanic.

That doesnt even factor into this. Pressure of the fluid does not change drag. Since water does not compress. The force required to move is equivalent at any depth. You do not overcome the pressure at depth you only resist it from being crushed. I already stated that acceleration and drag are main factors to this feat. Not saying it isnt impressive. Since it is massive.

I already addressed your statement about momentum and pressure. So all that is left is acceleration and drag.

But the titanics is heavier and this is out of water i was assuming for lifting it.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Titanic is x10 less than the 500k submarine, so yes?

QualiTea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course not. Not even Superman could come close to doing it.

remyzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By remyzero
@qualitea said:

Of course not. Not even Superman could come close to doing it.

What? You mean superman can't lift a ship :) he lifted a tectonic plate, destroyed world engine, escaped singularity, Bruce even stated superman is stronger than earth.

How come superman can't lift a ship?

( Giant atlantean submarine propeller hit orm's head.He didn't even feel it. (average human submarine propeller can lift 1-thousand tons) ) so even orm's head took titanic level force, maybe even more force and didn't even feel it.

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

QualiTea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@remyzero: Superman never lifted a tectonic plate on-screen, therefore it shouldn't even be brought up. The Titanic is 50,000+ tons while Supes' best feat is lifting that 2,500 ton building in JL.