This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by RichardCranium (453 posts) 3 days, 7 hours ago

Poll: Is it plausible for a conglomerate to organize a conspiracy to promote an entire cinematic universe and denigrate another? (33 votes)

Yes, its plausible 24%
No 76%

I am not going to name any particular cinematic universe or company for the sake of preserving this thread from turning bad.

Just that it crosses my mind that there's a particular film franchise featuring a shared cinematic universe, where the critics' reception to the film has been positive overall. It has released 18 films so far and ALL of them had each over 50% of critics' approval of the film. This is surprising and I thought about how plausible it is to have 18 consecutive films without getting an overall "rotten rating" (i.e.: less than 50% approval).

And there's a competing but new franchise where the majority of the films so far had been denigrated by the critics even though they are making the same genre of films.

So do you think that there's a particular conglomerate that had been supporting the older film franchise from failing, through various tactics such as bribing the critics, resort to subliminal advertisement planted across the entire world, along with corporate and political moves, that influenced the critics to view their favored franchise more positively?

Do explain and discuss.

#1 Posted by BruceRogers (13717 posts) - - Show Bio

Shh, its supposed to be a secret. What are we paying you for?

#2 Posted by DDG (644 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they just make good movies? There's no conspiracy. Some companies know how to make good movies, others don't.

#3 Posted by The_Magister (7814 posts) - - Show Bio
Just stop it.
Just stop it.

#4 Posted by BullPR (4873 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahahahaha.

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (16561 posts) - - Show Bio

Image result for what are you blathering about gif
#6 Posted by KingOfWakanda (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Your post is too vague. I have no idea which conglomerates and cinematic universes you could possibly be referring to.

Also, c'mon bruh.

#7 Posted by Xerolot (2936 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by DDG (644 posts) - - Show Bio

I also liked how he said he wasn't going to name the franchise, but there's only one franchise in history to reach the kind of success described in the OP.

#9 Posted by The_Magister (7814 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by DDG (644 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by SeaGod (3667 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU vs DCEU topic again

#12 Posted by VRHookers (25 posts) - - Show Bio

"I am not going to name any particular cinematic universe or company for the sake of preserving this thread from turning bad."

*insert Micheal Jordan laughing gif*

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#13 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (2490 posts) - - Show Bio

I think said cinematic company did it to themselves by creating garbage sequels, and garbage 'bad guy' team up movies that had nothing to do with the over all advancement of said universe .

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#14 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (2046 posts) - - Show Bio

@undefined: the zionists Jews are taking over. Goyims have got to hide.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#15 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (735 posts) - - Show Bio

The DCEU is done because of trash films, just accept it. The few that weren't trash were total letdowns compared to how they should have been.

But no it's a conspiracy lmao. /sarcasm

#16 Posted by MAZAHS117 (10450 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

It’s a conspiracy...my brotha

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#17 Posted by IndomitableRegal (12000 posts) - - Show Bio

And this is why I couldn't take the Man of Steel thread seriously either.

#18 Posted by Heatforce (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

The DCEU is done because of trash films, just accept it. The few that weren't trash were total letdowns compared to how they should have been.

But no it's a conspiracy lmao. /sarcasm

Nah critics said Wonder Woman was a master piece. Your pinion doesn't matter in the face of the almighty critics.

#19 Posted by DFTATM (107 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#20 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

I think said cinematic company did it to themselves by creating garbage sequels, and garbage 'bad guy' team up movies that had nothing to do with the over all advancement of said universe .

#21 Posted by Tomkatie (1959 posts) - - Show Bio

uuuuuugggggghhhhhhhh

#22 Posted by HeroUp2112 (15568 posts) - - Show Bio

No. If for not other reason, Warner Bro....I mean the unnamed failing franchise could easily have afforded to do all the things that Marvel/Di...I mean the unnamed successful franchise might plausibly have done.

#23 Posted by Toratorn (3875 posts) - - Show Bio

Your post is too vague. I have no idea which conglomerates and cinematic universes you could possibly be referring to.

#24 Posted by Farkam (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

It's sad because you are actually for real.

#25 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:
@kingofwakanda said:

#26 Posted by FangDaNerd (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao

#27 Edited by Havenless (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the other company is just making bad movies? Besides Batman hits, the last... (how many?) DC movies before the DCEU were terrible.

Jonah Hex

Green Lantern

Catwoman

Superman returns

Batman and Robin

Batman Forever

Super Girl

Superman IV

Superman III

Maybe WB is just really bad at making comicbook movies. 1 good one for every 4 of 5 stinkers. Which is exactly how the DCEU is going. They need no help from Marvel.

#28 Edited by GeraltsOpinion (160 posts) - - Show Bio

No. The universe just makes good films. The other universe made on good film starring an Amazonian

#29 Posted by Spambot (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a conspiracy on the mcu's part to make good movies and a conspiracy of incompetence on WB's part to have handed the keys to their cinematic universe to Zack Snyder and to tamper with the movies too much after he shoots them. That's it in a nutshell.

#30 Edited by LDM (4572 posts) - - Show Bio

Are DCEU fans that desperate?

#31 Posted by The_Hajduk (3251 posts) - - Show Bio

@ddg said:

Maybe they just make good movies? There's no conspiracy. Some companies know how to make good movies, others don't.

But I think M is the only company to make this many good movies in a row.

#32 Edited by Stahlflamme (4931 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, it's all controlled by a few bavarian freemasons known as the illuminati and the deep state.

#33 Posted by Chimeroid (7336 posts) - - Show Bio

While it didnt happen i am eilling to call everyone who thinks its not possible an idiot :)