is it ok to start admitting Egg game was not that good of a movie yet?

• 53 results
phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Very entertaining film, but I have to ignore the whole '1 chance' plot point. No matter at what point you want to argue the 1 chance was, based on the capabilities of every hero, we can think of many scenarios in which they could've killed Thanos and win.

Lots of people tend to follow a hype train and ignore any shortcomings. Even with this said, Endgame isn't a bad film. It just has a few silly plot points in there. Thanos' plan doesn't make sense either.

my arguement is that its not that good.
if you wanna say its good, i can see how you can make arguments for some of the redeeming qualities but
its nowhere near as good as some the overwhelming majority makes it

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@batman242 said:

Very entertaining film, but I have to ignore the whole '1 chance' plot point. No matter at what point you want to argue the 1 chance was, based on the capabilities of every hero, we can think of many scenarios in which they could've killed Thanos and win.

Lots of people tend to follow a hype train and ignore any shortcomings. Even with this said, Endgame isn't a bad film. It just has a few silly plot points in there. Thanos' plan doesn't make sense either.

my arguement is that its not that good.

if you wanna say its good, i can see how you can make arguments for some of the redeeming qualities but

its nowhere near as good as some the overwhelming majority makes it

Now we have to get into defining what 'good' means.

When I say it, I'm usually am referring to how entertaining it is, how easily it can distract me from plotholes with something like great visuals, jokes-- pretty much an interesting (I try to not say fun, as I can still enjoy something without it being 'fun') ride. Endgame fits the bill for me in being good.

It's nowhere near the best CBM ever made, a title I personally reserve for Man of Steel. The MCU as a whole really is a hype train that probably won't stand the test of time. It'll be recognized as the first to successfully make a superhero franchise on the big screen, but the majority of the films are 'eh' when it all boils down.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn....somebody doesn't know what a plot hole is...

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MCU as a whole really is a hype train that probably won't stand the test of time. It'll be recognized as the first to successfully make a superhero franchise on the big screen, but the majority of the films are 'eh' when it all boils down.

QFT