Is it just me or is MCU Thanos super underrated in power

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for newyorkjetsarecool
newyorkjetsarecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I saw a post saying Hela would beat him. We have yet to see anybody but Scarlet Witch who is a bad matchup for him defeat him. He is the physically strongest character in the MCU (besides maybe surtur). I'd put him on Ego level at Base form

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RBT

He is extremely underrated, IMO. Hulk was more or less confirmed to be Thor's superior in durability and Thanos beat him down in 10 hits. That's insane.

Chimaera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela is a bad matchup for Thanos as well, being completely physically indestructible and all

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela and Thanos should be comparable.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nah, I think he's overrated.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimaera said:

Hela is a bad matchup for Thanos as well, being completely physically indestructible and all

Hela's not indestructible, she just recovers very well from damage. Nothing proving Thor can't one-shot with Stormbreaker to the neck or head. Hela did actively avoid Thor's lightning charged sword strikes after all.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah he's in a good spot.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Hela and Thanos should be comparable.

I agree. Too often healing powers are taken as NLF so that people think Hela is miles above Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just you

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is just as but probably more overrated than Hela, so they share the same boat.

Avatar image for speedforceuser_
speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By speedforceuser_

They're all weak:

Thanos, Cap, CM, hawkeye, Bucky, Wanda, Widow, Spidey, Thor, Strange, QS (oh, wait he got shot to death), Hulk...and all the other weak ass heroes Disney Marvel massacred. ????

from_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On Asgard, Hela would beat Thanos. Outside of Asgard? I will lean towards Thanos.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean you have people that wank the holy hell out of DCEU characters or downplay marvel characters including Thanos just because

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz said:

I mean you have people that wank the holy hell out of DCEU characters or downplay marvel characters including Thanos just because

Matthew660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you watched endgame? Captain marvel literally fodderizes him in five seconds. He had to result to using the power gem to beat her.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthew660: barely being able to stop him from snapping is foddering him? Lmao

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedforceuser_: how’s it feel that carol can beat your fav cw flash in a race, thirteen year old? Must be insecure for you to input your hatred of mcu characters in forums aye

speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jefferydeducke: whooooo...a race. Wow. I'm so impressed. Is that all she could beat him in? Lmao. She's not even FTL in H2H combat. Flash would RIP her a new one. Lmaoooo. How'd that racing speed help her against Thanos?

*whispers* "hint, hint...it didn't" lmaoooo CW Flash solos the weak ass avengers with his FTL speed and hax abilities.

Never forget: Statues don't fight back. Lmaooo??????????

P.S Whatever happened to Thor's "StAr LeVEl DurAbIliTy"? Thanos crushed that weakling, split his face in two-- busted lip, bloody nose, bruised face...all in about 4 punches. I guess that debunks that overhyped weakling. Boy, did they do a number on the weak ass Avengers.???????????

The tears you all cry are all effortlessly S tier class??????????

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SirPounce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedforceuser_: Agreed. MCU characters are just generally weaker it seems. Their lack of VFX effects notwithstanding.

speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tony_shark: I didn't break any rules to get banned. You're just butthurt bc the avengers are garbage. Lol.

Matthew660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Matthew660

@precrisisbardock: Did you watch the movie? Thanos was struggling to hold her off. And she literally no sold his headbutt.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@speedforceuser_: Actually the rules say trolling is an offense you get banned for.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is inconsistent. At one point, he is struggling with Strange and has to exert effort against Tony with IG. At another point, he is soloing Thor, Tony and Mjolnir Cap without IG. At one point his power stone is being blocked by Tony no diff, at another power stone is one shotting CM is stronger than Tony.

He is super inconsistent IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: tag a mod and see what happens . His post history is enough evidence if u look into it ahah

Triplek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Triplek

@speedforceuser_: Thor is star level , Thanos hurting him is a feat for Thanos. Weirdo MCU characters are stronger and popular than dceu deal with it. You are a "weirdo" for disliking the universally liked MCU.

And MCU Thor is still stronger and durable than the strongest dceu character due to his star feat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@triplek: if thor was star lvl ( in reality this is country lvl durability ) Thanos by logic should create with casual punches Earthquakes ( CW Supergirl/Red Daughter in Kasnia ). Thor is too inconsistent to me. Throught entire MCU Thor was inconsistent. He has many high lvl showings like not being koed by Kurse strikes, but then goes down to much lower lvl opponents or being flinched by gummy ball or paralizator or Rocket's slap. Not lowballing but i just wanna make u aware.

Scarlet Witch goes down to lower tier opponents because she is glass canon and always sicks to protect her own body/life. Only Captain Marvel, Stark, Rhodes, street tiers are consistent with their power lvl

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@speedforceuser_: can this guy get banned?

@speedforceuser_: Actually the rules say trolling is an offense you get banned for.

@stahlflamme: tag a mod and see what happens . His post history is enough evidence if u look into it ahah

Hahah, there are a lot of trolls like this from MCU's side. They're mostly attacking the franchise, and the whole fanbase, not something personal. Is it annoying? Yes, but from my experience, these people don't get banned permanently (flag ban at best) for this reason. As long as they're not creating bait threads, usually it's okay.

On the other hand, these kind of people usually aren't the best at following the rules in general either, so if they get banned for something else entirely, I won't be surprised. Let's see.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just you.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthew660: And then he ragdolled her, she didnt fodderize anything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say he is underrated but also wanked to oblivion especially by facebookers, youtubers and superhero database users.

To me he is town lvl no more

Triplek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Triplek

@sexybayonetta22: well at the end of the day movie are made for entertainment ,very few people actually care about feats as opposed to watching an entertaining movie. So I certainly don't think the directors( of MCU,not sure about hack Snyder) actually keep in who's stronger than who, IT'S ALL PLOT DEPENDENT, if endgame had another main villain other than Thanos then Thor would've just remined airborne and cut thanos's head off , but it would've made the movie much less satisfactory if they did this at the beginning of the climax to a big bad of the movie.

There is yet to be a superhero movie which is both entertaining and has its power level sorted out(not that the later matters).

Matthew660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Matthew660
Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No I think Hela is the one who being underrated here by you.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Eri_Joni  Online

Yes,he is underrated.

keedounan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By keedounan

@newyorkjetsarecool said:

I saw a post saying Hela would beat him. We have yet to see anybody but Scarlet Witch who is a bad matchup for him defeat him. He is the physically strongest character in the MCU (besides maybe surtur). I'd put him on Ego level at Base form

Hela is indeed a bad match up for him as well, due to her regenerative abilities, her weaponry (and the limited TK related to it), as well as her exponential power-up in Asgard (plus her manipulation of the ground of its place + the spikes).

Thanos isn't even close to Ego in terms of power either. Ego is a celestial, a race capable of using the Infinity Stones to their full potential without taking any damage. To put it on perspective, one of them could destroy the surface of a planet with the Power Stone and he remained completely unharmed. Even someone like Thanos needs to use the Infinity Gauntlet to handle their power. The Celestials are seemingly capable of hurting each other, given that Ego and Star-Lord could.

Add to that the fact that even Ego's avatar was capable of curbstomp an entire fleet by himself, as well as having half of the power needed for his expansion (i.e his plan to terraform pretty much all of the planets with intelligent lives in the Universe), and...yeah. Thanos is little more than fodder material to this guy.

Don't get me wrong. Thanos is strong, very strong. After all, this guy has more than proved himself by curbstomping the likes of Hulk and tanking almost everything the Avengers throw at him (Thor and Scarlet Witch were the only ones who came close to kill him). But he has his limits. In particular, he's plagued by an extremely restrictive power set. I mean, aside from being super strong, what does he have? Without the Infinity Stones, he's little more than a stronger Hulk.

Standardized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Standardized

Nah he's pretty overrated. He's trash without the stones.

keedounan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@standardized: "Trash" seems pretty harsh, since the only Avengers who could beat him are the Top Tiers (Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, arguably IW Thor with Stormbreaker...). He's definitely overrated, though. Some of it is because of the hype he got in-universe. For example, Korath thinks Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe despite the fact there are living beings like the Ego or Surtur. Of course, it could be explained by the fact that most of them are pretty unheard of by most of the characters, while Thanos is well-known and feared in the universe.

speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleachhub: Not really. Lmao. I'm extremely happy. You're butthurt, too, bc the MCU heroes are garbage. Lmao.

speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@u_cant_ban_god: eh....It;s all good, man. I'm not too worried about getting banned over comic book character debates. It's petty and childish, but it is what it is. MCU heroes are still garbage to this day! Lmao.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely underrated.

speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By speedforceuser_

@bleachhub: Debating comics is a hobby of mine. I dislike Marvel characters because they are overrated and DC ripoffs, so i disprove and debunk Marvel fanboys....like you and anyone else on this forum. Getting banned from here will not end me. Whenever i have free time, I come and debate. MCU fanboys are the butthurt ones bc at the end of the day their characters are all garbage.

Standardized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@standardized said:

Nah he's pretty overrated. He's trash without the stones.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

OOF forgot he was using the stones on titan. Thanos really is trash as hell.

speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers