Is it a mistake to make "The Batman" a prequel

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Poll Is it a mistake to make "The Batman" a prequel (16 votes)

Yes 31%
No 69%
 • 
solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No, if the director feels like that’s the right time for the film to take place then it’s the right choice. Give me a reason why it shouldn’t be a prequel.

Because we've seen too many movies that took place in the early days of Batman's career. He has plenty of later storylines, like Under the Red Hood, Hush, The Court of Owls and Son of Batman that would be great for the DCEU.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By plotweapon16255

No.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear if I see another time Wayne's parents being shot in slomo again, I rip off the curtains.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No, if the director feels like that’s the right time for the film to take place then it’s the right choice. Give me a reason why it shouldn’t be a prequel.

Couldn't agree more. I'm more adverse to prequels in the MCU because of the structure of the franchise and how every movie builds toward the next Avengers/event film, but I see the DCEU as more of a sandbox, and given Batfleck's age, I wouldn't mind a prequel.

The only thing I'm struggling with is thinking of someone to replace Affleck. I think he's absolutely perfect in that role and I can't see anyone else conveying the pain behind the character as well as he does.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By adamTRMM

Yes it is. They had a chance to do a new type of Batman in a world of metahumans, supertech and bigger Batfamily, but hey let's just reinvent the wheel.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, no one wants old man Batman unless batman beyond is involved

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@ready_4_madness: prequels usually dont spark much interest. Exceptions would be fantastic beasts, underworld and prometheus. The prequel might be a success if they do a spin on Arkham Asylum games with some big time rogues and ones that we haven't seen

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: While we are on the topic of Batman and Arkham games, have you heard any new developments on the next Arkham game? Arkham VR was a disappointment.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: WB Montreal has been talking about a follow up to Arkham Origins. Have you seen the new Punisher season?

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers