Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

In this scan Torch is meant to match the speed of the rocket on reentry which you can see in the second panel is already starting to burn up from approaching terminal velocity

According to google “As a spacecraft re-enters the earth's atmosphere, it is traveling very much faster than the speed of sound. The aircraft is said to be hypersonic. Typical low earth orbit re-entry speeds are near 17,500 mph and the Mach number M is nearly twenty five, M < 25.”

Is it possible Torch is going hypersonic here or are there other factors at play here

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Sure why not.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this actually slow end. There have been several instances where he just comfortably matches the speed of space ships. Which often tend to Relativistic to light speed.

Obviously this is just a travel feat. But I feel it's worth mentioning

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this actually slow end. There have been several instances where he just comfortably matches the speed of space ships. Which often tend to Relativistic to light speed.

Obviously this is just a travel feat. But I feel it's worth mentioning

Really? F4 comics are new to me so I wasn’t familiar with their high end capabilities. Marvel wiki says his travel speed is 140 mph but this definitely seemed over 140 mph, crazy stuff