Is Goku overrated?

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff5e39de7b68
deactivated-5ff5e39de7b68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@takenstew22: Goku in Z was much better than Super.
I like the noncanon Xeno Goku more.
Now he is barely likeable.

JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Avatar image for meandyourgirl69
MeAndYourGirl69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For people who want him to lose to Superman, yes, he's overrated.

For people who've watched DBZ and Super and are not racist to Japanese characters and bias to comics, no he isn't. He's as overrated as all mainstream characters with large fan bases are.

For every outlandish claim a Goku fan makes, Hulk, Thor, Superman fans make 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for galanxg_6stunix
GalanxG_6Stunix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. But which top character isnt overrated?

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He's wanked to universal even though he's only plant tier

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. It just seems that way to the people who keep sticking him against Naruto-verse. 😏

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Both as a character and in battles

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 takenstew22  Moderator

@bink_69 said:

Yes. Both as a character and in battles

Nobody overrates him as a character lol.

Lordragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he overrated as character, but he is lowball here on comicvine by a lot of poster.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell Yess!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is water wet?

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By gelato_exotic

Powerwise, at least in this forum, he catches more downplay than wank, but whatever.

As a character, your favorite shonen MC and their anime wouldn't exist without him and he's all of them's daddy, nothing can change that :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff45903d43d7
deactivated-5ff45903d43d7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not for me. I grew up with Dragon Ball, Goku and co. Most people lowball him because he beats their favorite character, though.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By poeticwarrior

All the shounen characters get wanked like Ichigo goes into multi continental level for destroying a hill or Naruto being planetary level, but it's mainly due to the target audience. Goku needs the least wanked in straight up fight because we can actually see him destroying planets from shockwave and fight on even ground with people who can destroy planets with a blast. He's pretty much very high tier, although I would say his main weakness is his confinement to planet since cosmic enemies can pretty much destroy the planet and him if the rule doesn't stipulate otherwise, and opponents on that level are very easily capable of doing stuffs like Frieza did. Outside of that in a pure strength level, he could hurt cosmic level and above level of durability. If destroying the field is not allowed, he could hang out with very powerful opponents on the cosmic threat level and above as shown on the show.

finalbeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would depend on where you scale him xd

In my opinion considering him an universe buster would be massively ovverating him since all we know is that only Zeno one shot a universe thus far and he is massively more potent than any other character

It has to be said he can do that casually too

BaneTheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes his fans have to bring him up in every youtube vs match beacuse they have no life.Goku can't even beat Superman he is overrated as a character and is not even that op.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Yes his fans have to bring him up in every youtube vs match beacuse they have no life.Goku can't even beat Superman he is overrated as a character and is not even that op.

Nobody overrates him as a character.

And he oneshots Supes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dusk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22 said:

And he oneshots Supes.

Which one? cuz pre-crisis superman and above will rip Goku in half

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@dusk69 said:

@takenstew22 said:

And he oneshots Supes.

Which one? cuz pre-crisis superman and above will rip Goku in half

Nah, Pre-Crisis Supes loses imo. Anything above that probably stomps though.

But we ain't allowed to even talk about this so I'll just keep my mouth shut lol.

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Idk about that one. Pre-crisis had too many hax. In a fight he could just start shooting tiny superman out of his hands

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By El_mago

as a character hell no its mostly your mainstream shonen protagonist you get almost all the time.
as in battles depends which versus and against which verse.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22: Idk about that one. Pre-crisis had too many hax. In a fight he could just start shooting tiny superman out of his hands

The problem was he was incredibly inconsistent.

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f7cb49167263
deactivated-5f7cb49167263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spitfirepanda: Yes without a doubt Goku is overrated and has been for a while. I grew up with DB, DBZ & DBGT and it was bad then but NOW it’s even worse. Since DBS came out every little thing people would wank to the highest degree and Goku isn’t even nearly as powerful as people make him out to be. No one can just enjoy it just wanking Super and downplaying EVERYTHING ELSE. It’s toxic extremely sick. Goku, Beerus and now Zeno are possibly the most wanked characters in FICTION HISTORY. It’s disgusting.

GhostEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most rational part of me says it doesn't even matter.

This thread was over before it even began, why even bother continuing after this?

Are the people who bring DB into every debate about another character's feats just trolls or are they actual fans?

They're debatefags is what they are.

GhostEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vena said:

@spitfirepanda: Yes without a doubt Goku is overrated and has been for a while. I grew up with DB, DBZ & DBGT and it was bad then but NOW it’s even worse. Since DBS came out every little thing people would wank to the highest degree and Goku isn’t even nearly as powerful as people make him out to be. No one can just enjoy it just wanking Super and downplaying EVERYTHING ELSE. It’s toxic extremely sick. Goku, Beerus and now Zeno are possibly the most wanked characters in FICTION HISTORY. It’s disgusting.

Whoa, imagine getting this salty over what levels of power people ascribe to drawings of imaginary beings that they didn't even create, true or not. Acting as if the original creators or staff working on it can't just with or without explanation write up a whole new set of abilities or powers at the drop of a hat. Didn't know these kinds of people still existed in 2020, I thought we all moved past the misconception that these V.S. "discussions" are somehow serious business when in reality they're anything but.

The badly done power increases only means the narrative suffers for it, and that's the only thing that matters. Becoming all flash and no substance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostemperor: What I said is 100% true, "salty" isn't the right word try ANNOYED. Anyway that's all I'll say because too much words and this'll become toxic.

GhostEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By GhostEmperor
@vena said:

@ghostemperor: What I said is 100% true, "salty" isn't the right word try ANNOYED. Anyway that's all I'll say because too much words and this'll become toxic.

Yeah but it doesn't matter if it's true or not, nor does it make any difference if you're annoyed rather than "salty", it just means that you have debatefag tendencies either way, which I recommend you should probably stop because it's really not good for either you or the people that have to read pretentious posts like yours. That V.S. blindfold isn't a good thing to keep on.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think dragonball fans throw the term ”universe buster” around more than any fan base. Goku probably isn’t overrated. It’s probably just that a vocal minority of rabid fans are just delusional.

Avatar image for deactivated-605ff3ffc3245
deactivated-605ff3ffc3245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostemperor: He goes around CV to provoke fights in DB topics and goes on to say everywhere that Goku and DB is overrated. Don't take him serious. He was in here for a short time and got a ban for his behavior.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On this site? Underrated, like seriously people hate or dislike Dragon ball on comicvine.

kilgpmktra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By kilgpmktra

Whenever someone ties their pride to something they will overrate it. The reason why popular series like dragonball seem to get overrated a bunch is because its popular which means the fanboys will be very common than most series

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostemperor: I get you but it's amazing how people with no lives follow me around like a fan or something. It's quite annoying one moment you and I are talking and the next some low life comes to disrupt the peace. People need to really get a life but I'm not saying names because I want to maintain peace but you know who I'm talking about if you read everything. Simply I grew up on Dragon Ball so that person who claims I meant DB is overrated is just lying but the fans really wank Goku (DBS) but I get you. Anyway nice talking to you, it's rare to find someone that isn't a loser.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever someone ties their pride to something they will overrate it. The reason why popular series like dragonball seem to get overrated a bunch is because its popular which means the fanboys will be very common than most series

Exactly!

Avatar image for deactivated-605ff3ffc3245
deactivated-605ff3ffc3245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vena: you can say my name it is ok for me. YOU are a joke without question. I have a wonderful life don't mind that part i work in a good job, i have enough hobbies and can use the free time how i want to. If i want to go after your BS when i see it to show how much of a bad debater you are i will. Next is i don't follow you around i just come to see your joke of a name every other thread when it comes to Naruto and DB.

You, my guy, are one of the people going against set rules inside the universe to talk down feats and scaling. You and some other people here are the reason why this site is not as good as it was. You don't answer things the way it is asked and you are going beyond ridicule to justify your own way of debating. You are spamming all over CV not even talking in a civil manner, you got banned in such a quick way that it is hilarious. I can garantuee you if the mods today wouldn't be so inactive like they are you would be banned already.

To come out and talk about low life,calling others losers just shows you are a immature person who loves to cause BS.

Just for you to understand, i will never wank any character. If Goku looses something i will state that, if Kratos looses a battle i will say so. But i will go against claims that try to dismiss half of the things in the series.

GhostWarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63056cb90ac15
deactivated-63056cb90ac15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers