Is Garou Star Level?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alexlmaoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Garou Star Level? (241 votes)

Yes 51%
No 49%
 • 
TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#151 TheEmperor95  Online

Imo it looks like a mini gamma burst. Doesn't make it star level but it definitely seems to be a gamma burst

The4gotten1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean the narrator NOT garou talks about Garou having the knowledge of all energy in the universe and the behavior of the forces.That was after the narration states that Garou can absorb and copy(an extension of Bang's technique)

I mean for example in Naruto when he dodges light fang. The attack is made up of nature energy(Juubi).

The db supports the attack being light speed.

The same can be said about Garou.

His attacks behave like real world attacks.

For example his attack nuclear fission .

The real world technology(the decontamination system) detects the nuclear signature energy after he has spammed it.

The nuclear attack creates mushrooms like explosion behavior exactly like a nuclear bomb.

Seems like he might be star level. As he might be copying a real gamma ray burst like he did for the nuclear fission.

Also the narrator again explains of the gamma ray burst not Garou. If it was Garou stating his technique then one could argue that he is hyping(bragging) himself up. But the narrator went out of his way to explain what gamma ray burst is.

After Garou had already copied nuclear power.

So I will say yes for now until proven otherwise by the manga(as its still ongoing).

Se7enSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean the narrator NOT garou talks about Garou having the knowledge of all energy in the universe and the behavior of the forces.That was after the narration states that Garou can absorb and copy(an extension of Bang's technique)

I mean for example in Naruto when he dodges light fang. The attack is made up of nature energy(Juubi).

The db supports the attack being light speed.

The same can be said about Garou.

His attacks behave like real world attacks.

For example his attack nuclear fission .

The real world technology(the decontamination system) detects the nuclear signature energy after he has spammed it.

The nuclear attack creates mushrooms like explosion behavior exactly like a nuclear bomb.

Seems like he might be star level. As he might be copying a real gamma ray burst like he did for the nuclear fission.

Also the narrator again explains of the gamma ray burst not Garou. If it was Garou stating his technique then one could argue that he is hyping(bragging) himself up. But the narrator went out of his way to explain what gamma ray burst is.

After Garou had already copied nuclear power.

So I will say yes for now until proven otherwise by the manga(as its still ongoing).

HST stans trembling in fear. lmao

couldnt agree more. statements + feat. we need murata sensei to bring this fight to outerspace in next two weeks.

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 ovy7  Online

CV: "this attack might have only destroyed a building, but it's continent lvl, trust the scaling/statements/etc."

Also CV: "this attack stated to have X power didn't affected anything, so it's clearly fodder"

If the feat was done by a HST character then CV would have fellated it for the rest of the year.

SkySanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By SkySanji

Not true at all Naruto and bleach star solar system and universal statements aren’t accepted anywhere(for good reason) those are Hst verses right?

Whatacoolname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bills: a building? Yeah ik but people use to to call him sub building level

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#157  Edited By Zetsu-San

Looking at the scan, I'd say that at minimum, it should be equal to an actual gamma ray burst from an exploding star, even if he can't make an actual explosion large enough to destroy said star.

In other words, the amount of energy hitting a person sized character should still be exactly the same as if that person-sized character were caught in a gamma ray burst from a legitimate exploding star.

lmaolmaolmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to people the author apparently just had a brain aneurysm and decided to explain what a gamma ray burst but he didn't actually want Garou's attack to be on that scale. The cope is real.

MonvieZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a real Star lvl attack,

No Caption Provided

Not some wanked fodder Star lvl attack from garou,

No Caption Provided

DocNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking: What is it with you and Invincible? What is it with your hatred for OPM now?

He is seething about OPM debaters schooling him daily.

Paxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A real GRB would insta bust the Planet

That shit wasnt a real one

Unless we also believe Bluenote can make real Blackholes

KaiThighJu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching this drama unfold is interesting lmao

NinjaRizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please can we be intellectually honest here:

No Caption Provided

…and it is the largest and most powerful

…and it is the largest and most powerful

…and it is the LARGEST and most powerful

Don’t appeal to the power indicated in the statement by the author and completely ignore the reference to size, and attempt to tell us that we are coping.

He’s not star level, I don’t care if you compare it to Bleach or the HST , he’s not star level. This isn’t a potency thing, people are saying this:

The author obviously put that there for a reason, it’s clearly a real GRB!

Even though the author said it is the largest phenomenon and that is completely ignored by you guys, yet you want to push Garou to SS leve claiming it has the power of a real GRB but not the size, even though size was referenced by the author.

Ridiculous. Characters like Midora, Toriko and Neo can be wanked all the way to multi-solar system level by this logic.

EPICCONSIENCE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

obviously not since the earth didn't get destroyed lmao

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By azrael1973
@vengefulparadox said:

meaningless conjecture; this feat did nothing and was at best hyped to wipe the planet if it touched the ground. Claiming it has the same amount of energy as a real star is the equivalent of claiming every attack name is accurate. At BEST you could argue the mechanics are compared to that of nuclear fission; which I don't believe anyone is arguing, but to suggest Garou outputted star level energy there that close to the planet but literally caused no damage is by all means laughable.

The artist Murata draws a GBR, the author ONE names it a GBR and describes what a GBR is. If readers still can't understand it because they are blinded by hatred, it's not anyones problem. Also real GBRs are thought to be highly focused explosions. Of course it would still destroy the Solar System easily, but we are reading a Manga.

Any other Manga would get a pass but not OPM. Goku and Beerus destroying the universe with their punches while the earth is unharmed is even more stupid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-ray_burst

Gamma-ray bursts are thought to be highly focused explosions, with most of the explosion energy collimated into a narrow jet.[79][80] The approximate angular width of the jet (that is, the degree of spread of the beam) can be estimated directly by observing the achromatic "jet breaks" in afterglow light curves: a time after which the slowly decaying afterglow begins to fade rapidly as the jet slows and can no longer beam its radiation as effectively.[81][82] Observations suggest significant variation in the jet angle from between 2 and 20 degrees.[83]

NinjaRizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop referencing the HST, there are no double standards that you can actually name that we supporters use that match up to this ridiculous claim that Garou is multi-solar system level.

Maybe I’ll eat my words and Garou will destroy the sun.

Why aren’t you guys wanking him even further, he’s mastered all the energy in the universe:

No Caption Provided

Meaning he can replicate a quasar or a super massive black hole collision right? Why not say he’s galaxy level?

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop referencing the HST, there are no double standards that you can actually name that we supporters use that match up to this ridiculous claim that Garou is multi-solar system level.

Maybe I’ll eat my words and Garou will destroy the sun.

Why aren’t you guys wanking him even further, he’s mastered all the energy in the universe:

No Caption Provided

Meaning he can replicate a quasar or a super massive black hole collision right? Why not say he’s galaxy level?

He doesn't have the feat. But he has one of the best described feats for a Gama Ray Burst, the biggest confirmed explosion after the Big Bang according to wikipedia.

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look at these jealous Bleach fanboys coping from their fodder firecracker level Cero that is the best feat in the verse.

NinjaRizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulparadox said:

meaningless conjecture; this feat did nothing and was at best hyped to wipe the planet if it touched the ground. Claiming it has the same amount of energy as a real star is the equivalent of claiming every attack name is accurate. At BEST you could argue the mechanics are compared to that of nuclear fission; which I don't believe anyone is arguing, but to suggest Garou outputted star level energy there that close to the planet but literally caused no damage is by all means laughable.

The artist Murata draws a GBR, the author ONE names it a GBR anf describes what a GBR is. If readers still can't understand it because they are blinded by hatred, it's not anyones problem. Also real GBRs are thought to be highly focused explosions. Of course it would still destroy the Solar System easily, but we are reading a Manga.

Any other Manga would get a pass but not OPM. Goku and Beerus destroying the universe with their punches while the earth is unharmed is even more stupid.

Gamma-ray bursts are thought to be highly focused explosions, with most of the explosion energy collimated into a narrow jet.[79][80] The approximate angular width of the jet (that is, the degree of spread of the beam) can be estimated directly by observing the achromatic "jet breaks" in afterglow light curves: a time after which the slowly decaying afterglow begins to fade rapidly as the jet slows and can no longer beam its radiation as effectively.[81][82] Observations suggest significant variation in the jet angle from between 2 and 20 degrees.[83]

Stop being dense.

He described what a normal GRB was, not what GAROU’s GRB WAS. If he was describing Garou’s he wouldn’t have said it was the largest phenomenon in the universe but he did:

No Caption Provided

Stop acting like he was talking about Garou’s he wasn’t none of us are silly.

It’s not a focused actual GRB

But let’s assume it was.

Look at this panel:

No Caption Provided

If you know how bright GRB’s can get compared to the actual sun, you would know what you’re saying is silly. In fact I’ll show you:

GRBs shine hundreds of times brighter than a typical supernova and about a million trillion times as bright as the Sun.

https://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/science/objects/bursts1.html

Do you see that? Do you read that?

Normal human beings could look at it. If it had the energy of a GRB they would be BLIND.

Did Garou randomly decrease the luminosity and the size, but kept the power and potency? -_-

Chill out man the feat was good but we aren’t silly this isn’t VSBW this can‘t run, he’s not star level, he didn’t decrease the luminousity and size but keep the GRB’s potnext., he let of an attack that seems to be planet level to me

NinjaRizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juicers said:

Look at these jealous Bleach fanboys coping from their fodder firecracker level Cero that is the best feat in the verse.

Here we go, talking about the HST it has nothing to do with Garou, I don’t care if Garou solos Bleach or he’s star level (he isn’t), thousands of characters in fiction solo Bleach he’d just be another character to do it

Get Garou’s galaxy patterned shaboing-boing out ya mouth

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Belando

I think there are a couple of things going on but can't decide what's more likely.

The most surprising part to me is the limited damage the people on earth, and the earth itself took, but I understand the plot necessitates it to be that way.

At this point, it both seems and feels like both Saitama and Garou could do anything.

Looking forward to seeing something more serious than consecutive normal punches.

Whatacoolname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando: what?? Plot protected the earth? Thats never happened in fiction before :(

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disappointed at how far CV has fallen for this thread to even be this long lol

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando: what?? Plot protected the earth? Thats never happened in fiction before :(

Hahaha TRUEEEE.

So I don't think that argument is very strong, but simultaneously, I don't think the argument of his attack being akin to a gamma-ray burst = at least star level either. It's complicated and I don't think anyone concluding anything yet is correct. Aside from him overpowering and countering normal Saitama and literal nuclear punches.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973 said:

The artist Murata draws a GBR, the author ONE names it a GBR anf describes what a GBR is. If readers still can't understand it because they are blinded by hatred, it's not anyones problem. Also real GBRs are thought to be highly focused explosions. Of course it would still destroy the Solar System easily, but we are reading a Manga.

So your explanation of it being a real GRB is an explanation of a real GRB yet it not functioning like one in literally the same chapter? Embarrassing.

They literally STOPPED; because the earth was in danger and they were damaging the universe. This comparison is totally invalid and not even in the realms of rationality. You are arguing a fully fictional troupe like shaking the universe to a real world phenomenon.

Buddy don't think Wiki is going to help you; I suggest you look up singular and Nuclear fission and understand it even partly before you go shoving highly contextualized paragraphs from articles that in no way help your case. An astrophysical or relativistic jet literally spans over galaxies; this isn't benefiting you on virtually any level.

Don't call me buddy. You are not even able to understand a manga.

Kyle24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you know how bright GRB’s can get compared to the actual sun, you would know what you’re saying is silly. In fact I’ll show you:

GRBs shine hundreds of times brighter than a typical supernova and about a million trillion times as bright as the Sun.

https://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/science/objects/bursts1.html

Do you see that? Do you read that?

Normal human beings could look at it. If it had the energy of a GRB they would be BLIND.

Did Garou randomly decrease the luminosity and the size, but kept the power and potency? -_-

You think Murata would take into account that? This is fiction where characters can move FTL.

LordTwigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are the really 118 active users on comicvine willing to vote in such a poll.

Or lots of votes from alt accounts of same users

Talonzone21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It literally says GAMMA RAY BURST, is the explosion of a massive star, stating garou has the destructive capability of the biggest most powerful explosion in the universe, yes garou is currently large star level for sure stop downplaying salty DB fans cry harder.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Underfire47

@ragegod said:

CBR, much like CSRC, has no feats. OPM needs to start actually destroying celestial bodies before I take it seriously.

This right here is the major problem with OPM. It relies too much on naming stuff grandiosely rather than backing it up with any feats.

Imagine if anyone took Vegetas "Big Bang" attack literally and thought it was equal to the most powerful known explosion in our universe.

Garou and Saitama and maybe others could be Star+ level but the manga HAS TO at some point start showing that level of actual destruction and it's not that hard even, you could have Garou or whatever shoot a beam at Saitama, it misses goes into space and the next panel shows it hitting a star in a different solar system, you could show a flashback of someone doing it(it was a perfect opportunity to do that with Boros doing it to some other planet he conquered but that never happened) it's contrived but this has been done in mangas/comics all the time. With OPM we havent' even gotten clear cut Moon level to small planet level destruction yet and that's a big factor weighing down the series.

MorbidViews22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's star level. Anyone arguing against it, is coping.

Nixtollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh, no.

Omega7373663

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Omega7373663
@pandalumina said:

@nagdans: DB can at least fall back on Ki control since that was literally explained even by Toriyama as to why and how they are able to get stronger while dishing out those attacks. OPM doesn't have any of this unless I'm wrong.

Examples:

Gohan teaching Videl about ki

No Caption Provided

Vegeta analyzing Goku's fight patterns on Namek/Super Vegeta reducing his Final Flash

No Caption Provided

Him deducing that they their control is so precise that they can reduce it to the bare minimum:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If they were using ki control to the point where they were suppressing their power at the planet level potency then you are proving that those universal shockwaves didn't have universal level potency. That's even without mentioning the fact that Ki control is something that got contradicted many times over and over again such as Broly who can't control his powers and yet none of his attacks destroyed a planet

OT : yes he is star level we do have more than enough context to suggest that Garou is star level and him not destroying the Earth with his attack is clearly due to plot and a clear cut PIS or else everyone would've died due to the lack of oxygen including Saitama

GreyTheJiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did he destroy, create or move a star? No? He is not Star Level then.

The4gotten1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@se7ensun:

You know i can't tell if people are actually serious saying Garou is not star level because the attack didn't destroy earth as a side effect.

Let alone we have seen characters like Yamamoto who were stated to possess temperature attack(heat) on par with that of the sun(15 million °c) but the ground he was standing on couldn't be destroyed.

Besides the temperature that takes to melt rocks is between 600 and 1300°c.

Where is the logic?

Also let's not forget Garou fired the attack in beam like.

Since when does a star when exploding release its energy in a beam like fashion?

When one realises that Garou's attack was a beam like.

And besides that Saitama said he couldn't have the attack GRAZE the ground.

This alone tells that the energy Garou is outputting is off the charts.

It's implying that Garou's gamma ray burst is outputting ENERGY similar if not on par with to that of a real gamma ray burst. Supported by him copying and producing nuclear power.

Let's not pretend like attacks in fiction cannot be concentrated.

Garou is shown to copy an actual nuclear attack(based on both the decontamination system detecting it and the attack having a mushroom like explosion).

Yet the argument for Garou not possessing star level attack is because it didn't destroy the planet as a side effect?

Let's not be biased.

Also people should wait for the next chapter to conclude. Not for them to conclude based on the SIZE of the attack.

Coadamol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is fun

Avatar image for deactivated-62e413d8894c4
deactivated-62e413d8894c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it definitely behaved like an actual gamma ray burst but it was smaller in size. its hard to decide . we need more feats from garou

Paxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are the really 118 active users on comicvine willing to vote in such a poll.

Or lots of votes from alt accounts of same users

Alt acc from some OPM tards

Omega7373663

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Omega7373663
@the4gotten1 said:

@se7ensun:

You know i can't tell if people are actually serious saying Garou is not star level because the attack didn't destroy earth as a side effect.

Let alone we have seen characters like Yamamoto who were stated to possess temperature attack(heat) on par with that of the sun(15 million °c) but the ground he was standing on couldn't be destroyed.

Besides the temperature that takes to melt rocks is between 600 and 1300°c.

Where is the logic?

Also let's not forget Garou fired the attack in beam like.

Since when does a star when exploding release its energy in a beam like fashion?

When one realises that Garou's attack was a beam like.

And besides that Saitama said he couldn't have the attack GRAZE the ground.

This alone tells that the energy Garou is outputting is off the charts.

It's implying that Garou's gamma ray burst is outputting ENERGY similar if not on par with to that of a real gamma ray burst. Supported by him copying and producing nuclear power.

Let's not pretend like attacks in fiction cannot be concentrated.

Garou is shown to copy an actual nuclear attack(based on both the decontamination system detecting it and the attack having a mushroom like explosion).

Yet the argument for Garou not possessing star level attack is because it didn't destroy the planet as a side effect?

Let's not be biased.

Also people should wait for the next chapter to conclude. Not for them to conclude based on the SIZE of the attack.

Unfortunately there are people who still don't understand that fiction doesn't follow the AP≠DC logic like "meh he didn't destroy the planet so the attack isn't Planet level " People tends to use AoE fallacy all the time When it comes to verses like OPM or Dragon ball which is pretty annoying

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 thedailybagel  Moderator

The attack was star level, that was obviously the intent. It took place in a medium where someone like Goku can let off his most powerful attacks and not even bust an island despite everyone knowing he could vape a star at this point with zero effort. Him and beerus nearly destroyed the universe but Earth was fine despite being next to it... Collateral damage isn’t the only way to address attack potency (Saitama also does address this as well).

The Boros stuff was one thing and I don’t subscribe to hyperbole being a feat… However in this instance Murata spells out everything.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By azrael1973
@alancalm12 said:

it definitely behaved like an actual gamma ray burst but it was smaller in size. its hard to decide . we need more feats from garou

No Caption Provided

We don't know where the GBR ends. The Jet angle could be just 2 Degrees and still reach 7.5 billion light years!

Gamma-ray bursts are thought to be highly focused explosions, with most of the explosion energy collimated into a narrow jet.[79][80] The approximate angular width of the jet (that is, the degree of spread of the beam) can be estimated directly by observing the achromatic "jet breaks" in afterglow light curves: a time after which the slowly decaying afterglow begins to fade rapidly as the jet slows and can no longer beam its radiation as effectively.[81][82] Observations suggest significant variation in the jet angle from between 2 and 20 degrees

GRB 080319B, for example, was accompanied by an optical counterpart that peaked at a visible magnitude of 5.8,[78] comparable to that of the dimmest naked-eye stars despite the burst's distance of 7.5 billion light years.

jurrian09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ngl I didn't want star level OPM this early but I guess this just means the verse will actually reach Galaxy + levels

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's star level. Anyone arguing against it, is coping.

ZZGrizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No