Is Garou Star Level?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alexlmaoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Garou Star Level? (241 votes)

Yes 51%
No 49%
 • 
Lichgod3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Lichgod3

@areneacaulem:

Bro my phone is on 1% so do you have a discord so we can discuss there? If so you can PM me.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually willing to give it star level AP. I don't see why we are against that. Otherwise there are a lot of verses that have strong attacks that we now have to downscale because the attack being unleashed on Earth did not destroy Earth itself. I know what I've said in another topic, I did revise it with this type of statement above though.

rickyrck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickyrck: ur dur, are you in middle school. 😂 Do me a favor and show me where it says the potency is the same.

It doesnt need to show. anyone over the age of 7 who knows how to read could put 1 and 1 together and see what the author of the story was going for in this chapter, if you wanna keep denying it its fine, to each his own.

Yhwachez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We should wait till the translation come out although it’s absolutely clear Garou is stronger than Boros now and I’ve been saying this ever since how strong Psykos Orochi was I knew Garou would shit on that tier which means he’d be way above Boros

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys Garou is not replicating the literal energy level of natural phenomenon, rather their mechanics. I guess it's coming from this:

No Caption Provided

Think a bit, do A-Class tiers in OPM require this super special martial art technique to replicate a snake or a bird's level of raw power now? Or are they simply copying a bird or a snake's fighting style?

Yhwachez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rickyrck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso said:

Guys Garou is not replicating the literal energy level of natural phenomenon, rather their mechanics. I guess it's coming from this:

No Caption Provided

Think a bit, do A-Class tiers in OPM require this super special martial art technique to replicate a snake or a bird's level of raw power now? Or are they simply copying a bird or a snake's fighting style?

Yet a bit before he literally imitated the power of a nuclear explosion to its right potency.

its almost like the author doesnt wanna destroy the earth just to further prove he is using a gamma ray burst...

when psykos cut a continent it didnt show the aftermath of what would really happen with earth, it doesnt mean she didnt cut the continent in this fictional world.

Coadamol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Coadamol
@lordragoon said:

For real. Claiming someone is star level when entire verse doesn't even have a on panel planet busting feat is ridiculous and wank.

@ragegod said:

CBR, much like CSRC, has no feats. OPM needs to start actually destroying celestial bodies before I take it seriously.

sounds like what all the HST ppl on this site do kinda ironic don't u think , at least here we literally got an explanation of how garou uses the litearl energies and all other stuff that exists in the universe so its an actual gmma ray burst along with saitma literally saying if it even graze the earth it will be fked

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickyrck:

Yet a bit before he literally imitated the power of a nuclear explosion to its right potency.

Yeah because Garou at this stage totally can't replicate the raw power of a nuke anyway, he needs some secret martial arts technique to do it...

aggrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow a martial artist is using martial arts to replicate things. I'm shocked.

Nagdans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Nagdans

It seems to me author intent should be given stronger consideration here, rather then lack of aoe damage done irrespective of the attacks distance from earth. OPM is generally not the best when trying to equate attack potency to the visuals/ amount of damage done. A good example being Metal Bat with the Legion of people claiming he's sub building level because he wasnt busting city blocks with shockwaves despite Scaling about a mile above BoS Genos who was casually building level. Frankly I've always just given OPM, as well as other shows the DBZ treatment where attacks with AP radically above planet level somehow don't completely annihilate everything around them. Like seriously is Android Saga Piccolo's Light Grenade attack sub-island level when it should be Planetary+ bare minimum?

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aggrape said:

Wow a martial artist is using martial arts to replicate things. I'm shocked.

Completely missing the point, he has nuke level raw power regardless, he doesn't need a special technique for that, so that example proves nothing. He has the feats to replicate a nuke, same can't be said for a real GRB.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CV is going to have a blast with OPM this week. Lol.

See what I did there, blast. Lol.

i saw what you did there!

No Caption Provided

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. 41 votes and 61% shown to have been dropped on their heads too many times as a baby, or outright trolling. Fascinating.😆

Se7enSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Se7enSun

ofc yes. only blind HST fans cant see this.

ppl argue that garou attack isnt star level. many dbz/dbs characters can casually destroy planets with energy beam. this beam should evaporate the earth in an instant, but not. because earth always has plot armor.

if we cant take statements to do calc. then we need to redesign all debate to include the exact feat shown clearly in panel.

Raziel2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

name of an attack is one thing however the panel clearly states gamma ray burst and goes on to say and explain it which is another matter.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By takenstew22
@kaijuking said:

Wow. 41 votes and 61% shown to have been dropped on their heads too many times as a baby, or outright trolling. Fascinating.😆

I didn't vote, are you saying that for the people who said yes? Why are people so mad over people thinking he's star level? So far there's a good enough argument for it.

Undre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Undre

A GRB is 10s of thousands of times star level

Which garou should scale to

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking said:

I didn't vote, are you saying that for the people who said yes? Why are people so mad over people thinking he's star level? So far there's a good enough argument for it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By takenstew22
@kaijuking said:
@takenstew22 said:
@kaijuking said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

What? The only real argument against it is the actual size of the beam in comparison to regular GRB's. It's not hyperbole when the author plain comes out and explains to us what a GRB is when Garou does the attack. The intent is all there. It at the very least has the same properties of a gamma burst, as Garou has now shown he can control and manipulate the fundamental energies of the universe.

ragegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This ain't a Gamma Ray Burst.😂

No Caption Provided

> Imitation =/= replication.

> His nuclear fission was likened to HE's spheres by Psykos which were never stated to be such

> Saitama being perfectly copied means there's no feasible way for him to win. Garou was already more skilled. Now he's presumably lost his stat advantage? Be real.

ZZGrizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Avatar image for mightythorodinson
MightyThorOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he isn't planet level for now.(or he can be moon~small planet level?)

WTF?

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GRB is only possible through the death of massive stars, which is also made clear in the panel as well as the attack being called GRB. So there's that.

To those people who ignore intent, DBS is gravel to wall level.

ZZGrizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for returntothevoid
ReturnToTheVoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ReturnToTheVoid

@areneacaulem: Quick question, where do u have Cosmic Garou at rn. Ap and speed

Undre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Undre

@takenstew22: the attack is condensed its still stated to have the power of a a GBR

Cope

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragegod:

This ain't a Gamma Ray Burst.😂

Not the one we directly associate with stars, but a gamma ray burst nonetheless.

Imitation =/= replication

But he's not imitating a GRB, he is copying it.

His nuclear fission was likened to HE's spheres by Psykos which were never stated to be such

So your logic is HE's spheres are never stated to be nuclear fission so that means they aren't, so an attack that isn't HE's spheres but looks like HE's spheres isn't nuclear fission despite the person performing the attack stating it is. Mr. Fantastic is jealous of the amount of reach you have.

Saitama being perfectly copied means there's no feasible way for him to win. Garou was already more skilled. Now he's presumably lost his stat advantage? Be real.

His copied punches were evenly matched with Saitama's normal punches, so there's no question that he copied a casual Saitama. Saitama is going to win regardless because he's a parody character and isn't going to lose in his own story, much like how he one-shotted a copy version of himself in an audiobook.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undre said:

@takenstew22: the attack is condensed its still stated to have the power of a a GBR

Cope

I'm not coping lmao. They are.

kingogkings777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deyyy said:

I could literally use the same example and say the same about Goku and Beerus "Universal shockwaves" that didn't even bust stars. So I guess Goku isn't even Universal no more.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-63055bdc61167
deactivated-63055bdc61167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He probably is. But people are wanking him to great levels to think he is any match for characters like Midora or anyone relevant from Toriko.

Nagdans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zzgrizz: I don't think you can make that statement definitively bud

ZZGrizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nagdans: it's the truth. That's what he did

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even sure why DBS is being brought up 🤨

One has direct statements and visuals to scale while the other doesn't

No Caption Provided

not even comparable tbh

ReturnToTheVoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda funny how ppl would say this isn't whatever lvl the statements say but believe Kaguya Etsb is above planet lvl and can destroy space and time. Now if Saitama takes some visible real dmg I think we can confirm it's atleast planet lvl to above. Monster Garou got calcs that place him at planet lvl. This statement atleast gives more credence that he operating in planetary ranges imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-633515ca77612
deactivated-633515ca77612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

not even comparable tbh

Show me a star being destroyed by this said "universal" shockwaves. If not that's merely author intent just like Garou's feat since these so called universal destroying shockwaves didn't even destroy stars and in the manga didn't even destroy planets. Author intent in my books.😉

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deyyy said:
@pandalumina said:

No Caption Provided

not even comparable tbh

Show me a star being destroyed by this said "universal" shockwaves. If not that's merely author intent just like Garou's feat since these so called universal destroying shockwaves didn't even destroy stars and in the manga didn't even destroy planets. Author intent in my books.😉

How is it just mearly author intent if we actually see the universe shake?

DBS: Confirmation from gods, visuals and statements (shockwaves literally crossing past the universe)

OPM: Name and look of attack, scientific explanation of a GRB

Yes. Totally comparable 😊

ReturnToTheVoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@areneacaulem: Okay I see, I feel like there's alot of pushback for Garou feats. I see him at planetary and ftl+ at this point but it do matter if he damage Saitama.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah

Nagdans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pandalumina: OK but are we going to ignore the other 1000+ examples of attacks not doing the amount of damage to the environment that they logically should in DB? From what I can see the only arguments against Garou are the size of the GRB, and the fact it didn't annihilate the planet. For the record I'm not for or against Star Level Garou because I don't think there's conclusive enough evidence on either side, i just think the people who won't even entertain the idea because of these arguments are a bit silly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pandalumina said:
@deyyy said:
@pandalumina said:

No Caption Provided

not even comparable tbh

How is it just mearly author intent if we actually see the universe shake?

DBS: Confirmation from gods, visuals and statements (shockwaves literally crossing past the universe)

OPM: Name and look of attack, scientific explanation of a GRB

Yes. Totally comparable 😊

Yeah hence why it was Authors intent for them to be universal but realistically the shockwaves really aren't

what does them crossing a distance have to do with what they destroyed? which is mainly nothing unless you go with the anime when only planets not even starts were destroyed

The shockwaves are only universal with author intent and statements so the feat is technically in the same category as Garou's feat, The shockwaves were literally getting no sold by stars and Bulma ship even tanked it so I guess bulma ship has universal durability now? 😂 but oh well its Dragon ball so Toryama intent>>>>>>>>>>

Giojoestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deyyy: a star was destroyed actually

No Caption Provided

Nagdans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zzgrizz: That might be what he did, it might not be. I'd didn't write the story, and neither did you. Way I see it there isn't enough evidence to make decisive claims in either direction. The GRB not completely wiping the planet is not conclusive evidence that its a nerfed GRB, because collateral damage is not a consistent indicator of AP. DBZ is pretty much the perfect example of that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giojoestar said:

@deyyy: a star was destroyed actually

No Caption Provided

The star literally no sold the shockwaves, im literally watching the same video as you