Is deadpool actually depressed

Snoppy_MoMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Deadpool is always acting all funny and sarcastic but he's always going to people and trying to find ways to die so I just wanted know is he actually depressed

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Batvibe12

I won't say he's depressed...he's just crazy.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, as he is one of the most unluckiest characters in comic books in relationships and life.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabricolage said:

Yes, as he is one of the most unluckiest characters in comic books in relationships and life.

He doesn't even scratch the surface in that regard.

You're right, he goes over it and then gets knocked back down due to his humor to cover it up.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabricolage said:
@valorknight said:
@fabricolage said:

You're right, he goes over it and then gets knocked back down due to his humor to cover it up.

Yeah, no; he has it easy compared to plenty of other characters.

No Caption Provided

This would be me, but I don't agree with your stance.

He's not Guts-tier and Guts has a girl who has been around him for quite some time before things took a turn for the worst before getting a chance to meet Grisha once more, I know. Plus he's had as many flings and relationships on par with Batman or some other celebrity, I know. Other characters have died and came back like Hulk, Wolverine, and Jean Grey, I know. Something about Tokyo Ghoul, I know. Alucard had a backstory that was probably sad if I checked, I know. Characters like Naruto or Beast boy present their humor and trickery often when they have an opposing lifestyle, I know. But that is not counting his condition which is represented differently in various forms of comic art to mild and extremely gruesome, mentality, streak of suffering, and other aspects.

The guy whose had a streak of bad luck when it comes to finding a love interest and if he does then they are either crazy, dead, dead because he had to kill them himself, didn't love him back, or just evil, has cancer and a powerful healing factor present all over his body which has disfigured him, has a healing factor that clashes with the cancer and bruises that he has been and is dealing with throughout his run, got a bad rep from one writer's run, doesn't want to kill but it has always been his choice which he refuses to accept it thereby making him not the hero he would set out to be like Batman, wants to die but can't die when he wants to die because of both his healing factor and Thanos cursing him, endured so much pain and injuries that it's imbedded in his memories, is aware of being in a comic book and shows his depressed reaction to it when he's not joking, has friends who will screw him over when they find it convenient, has to deal with plenty of death, is unable to create a stable relationship or be at ease with a common ground due to his condition, mentality, and lack of luck, or will get abused and tricked by someone he decides to share more than 1/10th of his emotions and time with, had to kill a friend who was turned into a vegetable after being inspired by Deadpool and calling him a hero, got trapped in some locker rock for 800+ years with nothing but playing childhood games and interacting with himself, had family issues with his abusive father and his mother who had died of cancer, was tortured before becoming the well-known Deadpool, becoming a very unlikable guy with those around him and people who just think of meme Deadpool, has trapped his blind and arguably loyal companion in rooms where one time involved having sharp glass all around to stumble to at times, gets betrayed and suffers if he does a polite or kind thing at times, etc. Even if he cracks a joke, comes out with some upbringing expression, or is a disembodied head who cracks jokes despite dealing with so much torment, that doesn't mean he's had far less torture and suffering than anyone else. He has his moments.

I mean yeah you could show me your list of non-comedic characters who have the lone-wolf and edgy mentality having tragic lives and all but just because you feel indifferent to a character does not mean you are correct. That's just an opinion. But yes, characters like that Hunchback of Notre Dame being isolated from society due to his appearance and never getting the girl or Plastic Man who spent 3,000 years under the sea all separated and was traumatized even after reforming to the point of I think giving up the mantle or even Doomsday who will never find any retribution for enduring endless cycles of death because he too is disfigured and can't form any real bond worth feeling great about for years and so forth without worry due to his mind focusing on killing anything and everything can be above Deadpool. You can show me some characters though. I'll wait.

No Caption Provided

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Probably not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup he should every sign of clinical depression. Not the ones that you described in the OP though.

Looks like his healing powers do not extend to his heart.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Yes

Snoppy_MoMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valorknight said:
@fabricolage said:
@valorknight said:
@fabricolage said:

Yeah, no; he has it easy compared to plenty of other characters.

No Caption Provided

This would be me, but I don't agree with your stance.

He's not Guts-tier and Guts has a girl who has been around him for quite some time before things took a turn for the worst before getting a chance to meet Grisha once more, I know. Plus he's had as many flings and relationships on par with Batman or some other celebrity, I know. Other characters have died and came back like Hulk, Wolverine, and Jean Grey, I know. Something about Tokyo Ghoul, I know. Alucard had a backstory that was probably sad if I checked, I know. Characters like Naruto or Beast boy present their humor and trickery often when they have an opposing lifestyle, I know. But that is not counting his condition which is represented differently in various forms of comic art to mild and extremely gruesome, mentality, streak of suffering, and other aspects.

The guy whose had a streak of bad luck when it comes to finding a love interest and if he does then they are either crazy, dead, dead because he had to kill them himself, didn't love him back, or just evil, has cancer and a powerful healing factor present all over his body which has disfigured him, has a healing factor that clashes with the cancer and bruises that he has been and is dealing with throughout his run, got a bad rep from one writer's run, doesn't want to kill but it has always been his choice which he refuses to accept it thereby making him not the hero he would set out to be like Batman, wants to die but can't die when he wants to die because of both his healing factor and Thanos cursing him, endured so much pain and injuries that it's imbedded in his memories, is aware of being in a comic book and shows his depressed reaction to it when he's not joking, has friends who will screw him over when they find it convenient, has to deal with plenty of death, is unable to create a stable relationship or be at ease with a common ground due to his condition, mentality, and lack of luck, or will get abused and tricked by someone he decides to share more than 1/10th of his emotions and time with, had to kill a friend who was turned into a vegetable after being inspired by Deadpool and calling him a hero, got trapped in some locker rock for 800+ years with nothing but playing childhood games and interacting with himself, had family issues with his abusive father and his mother who had died of cancer, was tortured before becoming the well-known Deadpool, becoming a very unlikable guy with those around him and people who just think of meme Deadpool, has trapped his blind and arguably loyal companion in rooms where one time involved having sharp glass all around to stumble to at times, gets betrayed and suffers if he does a polite or kind thing at times, etc. Even if he cracks a joke, comes out with some upbringing expression, or is a disembodied head who cracks jokes despite dealing with so much torment, that doesn't mean he's had far less torture and suffering than anyone else. He has his moments.

I mean yeah you could show me your list of non-comedic characters who have the lone-wolf and edgy mentality having tragic lives and all but just because you feel indifferent to a character does not mean you are correct. That's just an opinion. But yes, characters like that Hunchback of Notre Dame being isolated from society due to his appearance and never getting the girl or Plastic Man who spent 3,000 years under the sea all separated and was traumatized even after reforming to the point of I think giving up the mantle or even Doomsday who will never find any retribution for enduring endless cycles of death because he too is disfigured and can't form any real bond worth feeling great about for years and so forth without worry due to his mind focusing on killing anything and everything can be above Deadpool. You can show me some characters though. I'll wait.

THIS ^

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not depressed, probably insane.