Is DCEU Wonder Woman the best live action super-heroine yet?

• 76 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is DCEU Wonder Woman the best live action super-heroine yet? (69 votes)

Yes 80%
No 20%
No Caption Provided

• 
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really can't think of anyone who comes even close.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Compared to who? I can't even think of any others unless you consider street levelers to be super-heroines. If so, I like MCU Black Widow better. Captain Marvel for MCU might be better but we will see.

Rolex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rolex

There's nobody else.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_red_viper  Moderator

Of course there are others, in the MCU and CW-verse. That being said Diana is still the best probably.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Compared to who? I can't even think of any others unless you consider street levelers to be super-heroines. If so, I like MCU Black Widow better. Captain Marvel for MCU might be better but we will see.

yes

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Penguin-Dust

Compared to who? Black Widow and Gamora? Does Harley Quinn or Nolan's Catwoman count? Mystique? Old Jean Gray? All of them were secondary characters on film, so none can compare to Wonder Woman in my opinion. Ask this question again after Captain Marvel comes out.

EDIT: My answer just focused on CMB's. If we're including all movie female action heroes you've got Ripley, Sarah Connor, Katness, and the Bride probably ahead of her, but she's potentially still in the Top-5. None of those four would I describe as a "super" hero though, so Diana is at the top of a filtered list.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Behind Lynda Carter, yes.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Wonder Woman was such a meh movie. First two acts were great and all fell apart in the last act. The Mickey Mouse love prevails ending was such a 5 year old cliche too. That last act ruin the film.

As for Super Heroine, Buffy the Vampire Slayer of Xena Warrior Princess everyday. Everyday!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By buttersdaman000

In Super Hero movies? Yeah, for sure. Overall? Buffy wrecks her. WW can catch up though.

@sirfizzwhizz said:

Wonder Woman was such a meh movie. First two acts were great and all fell apart in the last act. The Mickey Mouse live prevails ending was such a 5 year old cliche too. That last act ruin the film.

As for Super Heroine, Buffy the Vampire Slayer of Xena Warrior Princess everyday. Everyday!

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Ouroborik

Definitely way better than Black Widow, that's for sure.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By Pokeysteve

Definitely the best live action portrayal of a female hero in a movie.

Live action overall I'd throw Supergirl in that discussion. Benoist is killing it in that part.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@jayc1324 said:

Compared to who? I can't even think of any others unless you consider street levelers to be super-heroines. If so, I like MCU Black Widow better. Captain Marvel for MCU might be betterbut we will see.

Yee, it's better to wait and see. I see no reason to assume it will be better when we have nothing to support it.

Who assumed it would be better

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: There is a different between cliches and flat out stupid 5 year old cliches. Wonder Woman did something smart then backed out of that smart angle for a terrible cliche. I can also point several other flaws of that film too.

Also not my fault that WW only has a cameo and one movie to judge from. That is you as a fans problem, not mine lol. The question stated best Super heroin, it's not that Diana. Not for me over the two I mention.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gotoucanario

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@agent41: There is a different between cliches and flat out stupid 5 year old cliches. Wonder Woman did something smart then backed out of that smart angle for a terrible cliche. I can also point several other flaws of that film too.

Also not my fault that WW only has a cameo and one movie to judge from. That is you as a fans problem, not mine lol. The question stated best Super heroin, it's not that Diana. Not for me over the two I mention.

And if she had stuck the "smart" choice, much more people would be here complaining how edgy DCEU is and how Snyder ruined the movie with his influence, can't please everyone. WW was obviously influenced by an older era of comics and movies and judging by the the success of the movie I'd say it overall worked. Also every film has flaws obviously, so what exactly? I could point out flaws in 99% of films, I bet one could make a an essay of flaws in Buffy too, that means nothing lol, no such thing as a perfect movie or show.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@jayc1324 said:
@agent41 said:
@jayc1324 said:

Compared to who? I can't even think of any others unless you consider street levelers to be super-heroines. If so, I like MCU Black Widow better. Captain Marvel for MCU might be betterbut we will see.

Yee, it's better to wait and see. I see no reason to assume it will be better when we have nothing to support it.

Who assumed it would be better

You said it might be better. Of course anything can happen. But isn't too soon to say anything about it?.

Because it might. It is something to keep an eye on when discussing live action super heroines, that's all

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz said:

And if she had stuck the "smart" choice, much more people would be here complaining how edgy DCEU is and how Snyder ruined the movie with his influence, can't please everyone. WW was obviously influenced by an older era of comics and movies and judging by the the success of the movie I'd say it overall worked. Also every film has flaws obviously, so what exactly? I could point out flaws in 99% of films, I bet one could make a an essay of flaws in Buffy too, that means nothing lol, no such thing as a perfect movie or show.

The funny thing, Logan and Dark Knight are "edgy" and are way better films than Wonder Woman. So that work fine to them as well. I mean, Wonder Woman is more popular to people being the symbol of this large SJW movement and the fact it is the first big time female super hero film outside that crappy Supergirl movie. Those two things make WW as popular as it is IMO. I think the movie was as good overall as Captain America First Avenger. Not a bad movie, but has major flaws with a over the top action ending.

That is my opinion.

Wispymatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Buffy is the greatest Super Heroine I have watched the series at least 7 times and I still haven't got bored.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@sirfizzwhizz: Buffy is the greatest Super Heroine I have watched the series at least 7 times and I still haven't got bored.

No Caption Provided

"bleep" YEAH! Both her and Angel series and there comics too.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41:

There was no feminazi agenda behind WW film. And it is the first big female Super Hero film because it is by far the most cohesive one.

I think DC played smart unlike Sony with the female protagonist angle. Also there is another female "hero" with super powers movie that came out no long ago. It was also well like though not by me, but the movie is of the same level as WW.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rey from Force Awakens. Female hero and lead, with powers, in a celebrated and "cohesive" film.

Just saying.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@agent41: I know in my theater, there was more butch looking women and female couples than any other. I was so annoyed by these two chicks behind me saying "Dont kiss that man, walk away, you dont need him" then making gaging sounds when Diana kiss whats his face before having sex. I cannot help my observations.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Definitely. I still love Black Widow though. It's great to get these badass heroine's on the big screen and I can't wait to see Batgirl brought to life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

@agent41: I know in my theater, there was more butch looking women and female couples than any other. I was so annoyed by these two chicks behind me saying "Dont kiss that man, walk away, you dont need him" then making gaging sounds when Diana kiss whats his face before having sex. I cannot help my observations.

You aren't the world. And judging by the amount of people of one gender watching the films?. What about the times the ball is in the other side?. With the countless films where a majority of the viwers are men and do their own things, comments?. 46% of the people that watched WW were men, so it was pretty close to 50-50.

Statistically males make up the major movie revenue. So there is that. Now we have a movie that appealed to both sides and such, of a popular character too. So I can see why it made money. Though to be fair what was the only movie to compete with WW as well? Alien Convenant which was also trash from a senile Ridley that is ruining a great franchise. That helps too I bet. Also again, I see this movie no better than Dark Knight or Logan, and only "meh" thanks to the third at and other flaw, but no one will give nothing but glowering reviews out of fear of being a misogynist or racist or what have you which is the rage these days for anything involving female films thanks to Ghost Busters. I dont think Force Awakens deserve the rating it got either being a direct rip off of A New Hope. Not to mention the Mary Sue that was Rey :/

I dont nor feel I can trust any rating base on female "heroes" really due to the political climate the past 5 or so years. I judge it for my self, and the WW movie was more Matinee than full price for me.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gotoucanario

@sirfizzwhizz said:

Well you are saying it yourself with this, it didn't even catter to the whole men are inferior thing and Steve is one of the best "side" characters we have had in any CBM so how is it getting good reception only thanks to feminazi agenda again?

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's all up to opinion there are so many in TV and movies it's tough but in terms of MCU and DCEU she definitely is I don't see Captain Marvel being better she is awful and intolerable in the comics

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz said:

Well you are saying it yourself with this, it didn't even catter to the whole men are inferior thing so how is it getting good reception thanks to feminazi agenda again?

Reviews and such. Like I said, DC was logical, and sane in their marketing. I felt as a man I could watch and enjoy this film. They did not pull the Ghost Buster cancer approach of saying you are a male asshole if you do not see or like this film like Sony tried. I still feel reviewers are too afraid to voice their real opinions about a female star action film without being burn at the stake thanks to the Ghost Buster fiasco though. I think this movie has the fear and power of "Support your SJW" taint on it regardless that film is not marketed or presented that way.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Carter more but I guess she isn't a superhero.

Wakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wakel

No one else has had enough screen time and story significance to contend.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

I really can't think of anyone who comes even close.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gracetrack

Yes.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh.. no not for me

jao48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jessica Jones and Daisy should be remembered here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far...

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RDClip

Yes, but with the caveat that there hasn't been many superheroine movies and the ones that have existed were trash. WB already has Batgirl and Gotham City Sirens in development (with a rumoured Birds of Prey movie) and Captain Marvel will be coming (next year?). So we'll have more basis for comparison in a couple of years.

I do think that, with the success of WW, WB and Marvel (maybe Fox and Sony) will take more chances on their female heroes.

I don't think Black Widow will get a solo movie because she is firmly established as a side character by now and Scarlett Johansson has never been able to move massive box office numbers. Marvel might stick her into a all-female team movie as a answer to GCS and BoP.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rdclip said:

Yes, but with the caveat that there hasn't been many superheroine movies and the ones that have existed were trash. WB already has Batgirl and Gotham City Sirens in development (with a rumoured Birds of Prey movie) and Captain Marvel will be coming (next year?). So we'll have more basis for comparison in a couple of years.

I do think that, with the success of WW, WB and Marvel (maybe Fox and Sony) will take more chances on their female heroes.

I don't think Black Widow will get a solo movie because she is firmly established as a side character by now and Scarlett Johansson has never been able to move massive box office numbers. Marvel might stick her into a all-female team movie as a answer to GCS and BoP.

Well, if they ever finally get around to introducing She-Hulk, I can see them making an A-Force movie, given that after Infinity War (both parts) Marvel probably won't have a lot of their biggest stars coming back to make another Avengers movie.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@gotoucanario said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Well you are saying it yourself with this, it didn't even catter to the whole men are inferior thing so how is it getting good reception thanks to feminazi agenda again?

Reviews and such. Like I said, DC was logical, and sane in their marketing. I felt as a man I could watch and enjoy this film. They did not pull the Ghost Buster cancer approach of saying you are a male asshole if you do not see or like this film like Sony tried. I still feel reviewers are too afraid to voice their real opinions about a female star action film without being burn at the stake thanks to the Ghost Buster fiasco though. I think this movie has the fear and power of "Support your SJW" taint on it regardless that film is not marketed or presented that way.

That's not true. There have been mixed reviews too. Just because a majority has said it's a good film doesn't mean everybody liked it and that people are afraid to be negative. And the radical third waves feminists have been bashing Wonder Woman for years. They asked to get her out of the U.N for being too sexy. And they bashed her again in this film for the way she dressed, and things like that. It's sad this logic that you and some others present. That this film didn't derserve praise and success. You can't prove that. And a lot, a lot of men liked it.

Mixed reviews? Its a 94% on RT and I yet seen one Youtube critic say anything but how AWESOME the film is. As for saying the film doesnt deserve praise, it does for a semi good DCEU film. To say it is a film that will change movies forever like half the SJW agenda critics have said is laughable to me.

As for the end, I said every post thus far this is MY OPINION which i am entitled too. I find it sad so many are on this bandwagon that this film is one of the best films ever when it is nowhere close to that level.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@agent41 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@gotoucanario said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

That's not true. There have been mixed reviews too. Just because a majority has said it's a good film doesn't mean everybody liked it and that people are afraid to be negative. And the radical third waves feminists have been bashing Wonder Woman for years. They asked to get her out of the U.N for being too sexy. And they bashed her again in this film for the way she dressed, and things like that. It's sad this logic that you and some others present. That this film didn't derserve praise and success. You can't prove that. And a lot, a lot of men liked it.

Mixed reviews? Its a 94% on RT and I yet seen one Youtube critic say anything but how AWESOME the film is. As for saying the film doesnt deserve praise, it does for a semi good DCEU film. To say it is a film that will change movies forever like half the SJW agenda critics have said is laughable to me.

As for the end, I said every post thus far this is MY OPINION which i am entitled too. I find it sad so many are on this bandwagon that this film is one of the best films ever when it is nowhere close to that level.

I said it has had SOME mixed reviews. That RT score means that a majority liked it. Anything with at last a 6 on average will rate fresh on RT. The WW film has an average score of 7.6. The same average of the first avenger film. And it has a 76 on Mtacritic.

And what's wrong if some people say it will change movies forever?. Aren't they entitled to their opinion?. You said deadpool and logan changed the filming industry for heaven's sake. You are entitled to your opinion. And so are they and so am i. IMO the film is more than just semi good.

Youtube critics?. You mean like this man that clearly has no idea what he is talking about?.

7)% and higher is fresh. Rarely we get 90+%.

There is certain criteria to chan films forever. Wonder Woman is another Zack Snyder style and shot film, with a typical explosive third act, typical side characters whose full backstory is never fleshed out, and a cop out ending. What did this film change exactly? It had a female role? If that is the only thing the film is famous more, then oh well. Logan was a unique hero film nd no other film out there like it. Deadpool is stated by experts a year later now to change movies for r rating Superhero films. Those are kinda backed facts. WW is a typical PG13, Snyder style art direction, film with the typical explosive third act and no big revelations. Why is it special again over the one of a kind Logan or successful R rated Deadpool?

You showed me a critic who is bashing the movie and you call him a asshole. This supports my argument that no one can say anything bad about the film lol.

TwotoneZack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh another thread where people get blasted for having different opinions. Fun times.

But personally I enjoy street level characters more than super powered ones.