#1 Posted by HERMES1220 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m asking this because the first time she blocked Ares lightning it was only on her bracers. But after the second strike the lightning was coursing all over her body. Does she have an immunity to it because of her father?

#2 Posted by BOC (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

To the electricity aspect of it, yes. That's pretty evident on screen.

But I wouldn't say she is immune to the force lightning outputs simply because it's lightning.

#3 Posted by Emanresu_20 (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean she blocked it for a reason...

#4 Edited by TobyMaguire (721 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean she blocked it for a reason...

She don't even know her own power at the point She is pretty surprised herself that lighting is running through her entire body.

#5 Posted by BalancedTruth (1327 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like NLF

#6 Posted by APEX_pretador (21257 posts) - - Show Bio

She's immune to Ares's lightning. I believe it was confirmed by director that she could let it flow through her body because it's Zeus's lightning iirc

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
#7 Edited by Captain_Narlowe (151 posts) - - Show Bio

To a degree, i guess.

#8 Posted by macleen (3654 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes she is immune.

#9 Posted by Rebake (4559 posts) - - Show Bio

She's immune to Ares's lightning. I believe it was confirmed by director that she could let it flow through her body because it's Zeus's lightning iirc

So I'm guessing it's specific (magical?) lightning, not just any lightning, she has immunity to.

#10 Edited by DammeFavour (8495 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Bayman007 (1824 posts) - - Show Bio

The force of Ares lightning did push her back, which is what i imagine would happen if say, Thor, did the same. The lighting however, showed no effect on her body whatsever. So she wouldn't get fried or damaged by it at all.

#12 Edited by Lan_Fan (15881 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so.

#13 Posted by SirPounce (263 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like it. Resistance at least clearly based on her feats.

#14 Edited by EmmaFrostXmen (3047 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it was obviously shown in the movie, and anyone that says she doesn’t is lowballing. The movie never said she can only absorb godly lightning, so we can assume it’s all kinds of lightning

#15 Posted by eri123 (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

No,she got hurt by Ares in the tower.

#16 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12856 posts) - - Show Bio

I was always confused by this. It’s either inconsistent or maybe I’m just not understanding. She gets zapped by a little lightning that sent her flying, then later she absorbs it and it amps her. Am I missing something in this equation, which one is it?

#17 Posted by BOC (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazahs117: Do you have the scene in question? Or reference for me to find it?

#18 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12856 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:

@mazahs117: Do you have the scene in question? Or reference for me to find it?

Well it’s been awhile since I’ve watched WW, but I vaguely remember a scene where she has Ares lasso’d and he zaps her with electricity and she goes flying...and then at the end when she absorbs his lightning attack and destroys him with it

#19 Posted by Wrathofthebrad (1055 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by BOC (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazahs117: Are you referring to the tower scene? She has Ares in her lasso and then Ares zaps the lasso creating some time of reaction that created a massive explosion. I wouldn't say that's the same as a lightning attack though, if that's what you are referencing.

#21 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12856 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:

@mazahs117: Are you referring to the tower scene? She has Ares in her lasso and then Ares zaps the lasso creating some time of reaction that created a massive explosion. I wouldn't say that's the same as a lightning attack though, if that's what you are referencing.

Yeah, that’s it! I don’t know what happened or why there’s that massive explosion from that small amount of electricity, I could be missing context or something there too perhaps. ..but then later he’s calling down lightning from the sky and she absorbs it just fine iirc ..anyways...I’m just trying to understand if she can absorb it or not

#22 Posted by ArranVid (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is more immune to lightning? Games version Onix or Wonder Woman? :D

#23 Posted by BOC (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazahs117: I'm not sure if the movie gives is a clear answer, but I'd assume the lightning reacted some type of way to her lasso. He did show another interesting reaction to her gear when he disintegrated her sword. I think the reason she got knocked back was from the concussive force, similar to how she was pushed back by the lightning blast. And the explosion itself didn't show much electrical attributes (besides the color) which may be the reason she didn't absorb it. That or the fact that she hadn't come into her full power yet iirc.

#24 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12856 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:

@mazahs117: I'm not sure if the movie gives is a clear answer, but I'd assume the lightning reacted some type of way to her lasso. He did show another interesting reaction to her gear when he disintegrated her sword. I think the reason she got knocked back was from the concussive force, similar to how she was pushed back by the lightning blast. And the explosion itself didn't show much electrical attributes (besides the color) which may be the reason she didn't absorb it. That or the fact that she hadn't come into her full power yet iirc.

Hmm, I never really considered any “Divine shenanigans“ going on there with Ares being in contact with the Lasso, does make sense with him being a God tho. That part part always came off to me as he zapped the Lasso and she got knocked on her a$$ because of it, which kinda contradicts what she does later when even more lightning is in play.

#25 Posted by BOC (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazahs117: Well I don't think she is immune to lightning's force simply because it's lightning. I think she's immune to the electrical attributes of it though. I think if MCU Thor was in the same scenario he would get pushed back too.

#26 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12856 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:

@mazahs117: Well I don't think she is immune to lightning's force simply because it's lightning. I think she's immune to the electrical attributes of it though. I think if MCU Thor was in the same scenario he would get pushed back too.

Gotcha. I don’t think I was considering the “Force” of the attack, I think that’s what I’m missing in my equation.