Is DCEU Superman’s nuke feat an outlier?

• 55 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is DCEU Superman’s nuke feat an outlier? (140 votes)

Yes 24%
No it’s consistent 76%

Is it?

• 
omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well he was a corps after but fact is he got back up very fast so as long as he has the sun at his side it’s legit I’d say

BloodsunXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Its just the one of his best durability feats.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't even tank it... and that's after tanking just about everything else, definitely wouldn't call it an outlier.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RBT

No. Its just his best durability feat.

Turr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bloodsunx: I don't think it's even his best. Clark tanked a gravity beam from the world engine. This beam was reshaping entire planet. Isn't that at least a bit more impressive?

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This, people are way to quick to call outlier on good feats.

@cor_tsar said:

He didn't even tank it... and that's after tanking just about everything else, definitely wouldn't call it an outlier.

But also this. The term "tanking" is extremell over-used, there's a huge difference between tanking and surviving, which is what Clark did with the nuke.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor_tsar said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Difference between tanking and outlier

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He would've tanked it if he wasnt weakend by kryptonite and it isnt an outlier

Retardedbiches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omriamar said:

Well he was a corps after but fact is he got back up very fast so as long as he has the sun at his side it’s legit I’d say

No he didn't. He was pretty much incapacitated. Had the sun never touched his skin, he would never had healed.

@tj849 said:

He can't tank something like that, the new Justice League movie even proves this when Superman withstands a much weaker explosion at point blank range.

Also, during the Batman vs Superman fight, it's made pretty clear that Kryptonite wears off pretty quickly. By the time Doomsday showed up, he was already back to full power.

It is definitely an outlier.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@cor_tsar said:

@bloodsunx said:

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tj849

@omriamar said:

No he didn't. He was pretty much incapacitated. Had the sun never touched his skin, he would never had healed.

@tj849 said:

He can't tank something like that, the new Justice League movie even proves this when Superman withstands a much weaker explosion at point blank range.

Also, during the Batman vs Superman fight, it's made pretty clear that Kryptonite wears off pretty quickly. By the time Doomsday showed up, he was already back to full power.

What are you on about? He still had the scar from his fights with Bats and Bats also unleashed a load of gas on him. Doomsday also KOed him with a fairly simple attack where he throws him into the skyscraper. Zod did this exact same attack and sent him flying through multiple skyscrapers and he tanked it. You didnt have to reply on your alt to say this btw.

No Caption Provided

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turr said:

@bloodsunx: I don't think it's even his best. Clark tanked a gravity beam from the world engine. This beam was reshaping entire planet. Isn't that at least a bit more impressive?

That feat is so over exaggerated it is not even funny. The gravity beam, as it's name implies, was only changing gravity around it. Taking that is not that impressive even if it increased his personal gravity by one million times.

That being said, the nuke feat is not really an outlier considering the fact that it damn near killed him.

Retardedbiches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849 said:
@retardedbiches said:
@omriamar said:

@tj849 said:

What are you on about? He still had the scar from his fights with Bats and Bats

It's just an inconsistency. It doesn't mean that he wasn't at full power.

also unleashed a load of gas on him. Doomsday also KOed him with a fairly simple attack where he throws him into the skyscraper.

He was never knocked out during his fight with Doomsday.

Zod did this exact same attack and sent him flying through multiple skyscrapers and he tanked it. You didnt have to reply on your alt to say this btw.

He was never knocked out.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@turr: The gravity beam increased the gravity of everything it hit by an unknown amount Supes only tanked his own gravity being increased even if it increased his personal gravity by 1000 times it still isn't very impressive. Its impressive because he was weakened but that makes it even more unquantifiable

ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:
@turr said:

That feat is so over exaggerated it is not even funny. The gravity beam, as it's name implies, was only changing gravity around it. Taking that is not that impressive even if it increased his personal gravity by one million times.

This doesn't make sense. The gravity was enough to smash buildings/cars and Superman while weakened was able to fly up the center of it, and survive the explosion. I'm not seeing how this isn't impressive.

@tj849 said:
@retardedbiches said:
@omriamar said:

@tj849 said:

Not an inconsistency. He wasn't at full power.

He's only bled from a Kryptonian robot and Kryptonite. While exposed to the sun he healed instantly. While not exposed he still had a cut on his face.

Retardedbiches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:
@turr said:

This doesn't make sense. The gravity was enough to smash buildings/cars and Superman while weakened was able to fly up the center of it, and survive the explosion. I'm not seeing how this isn't impressive.

@retardedbiches said:
@tj849 said:
@retardedbiches said:
@omriamar said:

@tj849 said:

Not an inconsistency. He wasn't at full power.

Nothing implies this.

He's only bled from a Kryptonian robot and Kryptonite. While exposed to the sun he healed instantly. While not exposed he still had a cut on his face.

While fighting Batman, he recovered from the Kryptonite in about a minute. There is no reason that he wasn't at fll power during his battle against Doomsday.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

He didn't tank it so it's not a feat for him.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RR79

@retardedbiches: I am at work now so can't quote or even post much but....how does it not make sense? We literally see it lowering the gravity making cars float into the air, then imcreasong the gravity to mamy times what they were facing originally crushing them into the ground.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not an outlier because he didn't tank it. He was KO'd/nearly dead and it is thus perfectly consistent with his other showings.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well let's look at a few things:

Effects of Kryptonite

While not a major point, it's worth talking about. During his fight with Bruce, Clark was recovering in literal minutes, all the way up to flying. When he was holding the spear in order to kill Doomsday, he was also still flying. He had to be strong enough to not only penetrate Doomsday, but the spear was seen out the other side IIRC. Doomsday is also Kryptonian, and with a spear made of pure kryptonite inside of him, he went on to still kill Superman.

From the end of the BvS fight to the moment the nuke hit, it's about 14 minutes (give or take). He had to have recovered at least a little bit, though obviously not to full power.

Gonna add on soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f
deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it's not, I think it's a good feat that allows us to know his limit.

Example: a 300kt nearly kills him, MCU Surtur's Large Island+ attack should kill him.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's his best durability feat but not an outlier.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well let's look at a few things:

Effects of Kryptonite

While not a major point, it's worth talking about. During his fight with Bruce, Clark was recovering in literal minutes, all the way up to flying. When he was holding the spear in order to kill Doomsday, he was also still flying. He had to be strong enough to not only penetrate Doomsday, but the spear was seen out the other side IIRC. Doomsday is also Kryptonian, and with a spear made of pure kryptonite inside of him, he went on to still kill Superman.

From the end of the BvS fight to the moment the nuke hit, it's about 14 minutes (give or take). He had to have recovered at least a little bit, though obviously not to full power.

Gonna add on soon.

You left out the fact that he was barely able to fly to doomsday when holding the spear

And while Doomsday was able to kill Superman it doesn't remove the fact that Superman was also being depowered by the kryptonite.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

If it was an outlier, it would mean he couldn't do it again... but there is nothing to suggest he couldn't do it again.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By arqe

People are ignoring the MOST IMPORTANT aspect of that explosion.

First, he wasn't recovered fully in that scene since he still had the scar.

Even in that state, Superman tanked the explosion without a problem. His body turned into a corpse because his cells absorbed Ionized Radiation. That whats Kryptonians do. Absorb radiation in a much higher and stronger rate. That is what Jor-El literally said.

Why would a physical force turn him into a mummy ? Kryptonian cells absorbs radiation. Period.

If it was just a warhead, napalm at that size or anything without Radiation, he would've been fine.

It was literally the same scene from The Dark Knight Returns.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omriamar said:

@tj849 said:

No he didn't fully recover since the scar is still sitting on his face.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RR79

@arqe: To be fair Jor el never said they absorb the type od radiation that a nuke puts out. He said, if I am not mistaken, that they absorb solar radiation. I do agree it isn't an outlier but I absolutely do not agree with your fan theory on why he looked like a corpse after the blast.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the radiation was the biggest factor unto his appearance after, far from an outlier.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:

@arqe: To be fair Jor el never said they absorb the type od radiation that a nuke puts out. He said, if I am not mistaken, that they absorb solar radiation. I do agree it isn't an outlier but I absolutely do not agree with your fan theory on why he looked like a corpse after the blast.

They were talking about why he was different Jor-el talked about how young the Earths Sun is and said "Your cells have drunk its radiation". We can argue what he meant by radiation.

Also yes my theory is "fan" theory yet it is the logical one.

Still people who says "he become mummy because of explosion not the radiation" should explain how is that even possible ?

He got no scar, no blood, suit not damaged etc. there is literally no physical evidence that he got harmed by the explosion itself.

It is like a mannequin vs a car.

When they make crash test they use mannequin, when car hits mannequin any physical damage appears on it ? No it just absorbs the damage, converts it into force so we can measure and compare it to human body.

But if a "burning car" hits to mannequin what happens ? Same thing yet mannequin start to burn and gets destroyed eventually.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arqe said:
@rr79 said:

They were talking about why he was different Jor-el talked about how young the Earths Sun is and said "Your cells have drunk its radiation". We can argue what he meant by radiation.

Also yes my theory is "fan" theory yet it is the logical one.

Still people who says "he become mummy because of explosion not the radiation" should explain how is that even possible ?

He got no scar, no blood, suit not damaged etc. there is literally no physical evidence that he got harmed by the explosion itself.

It is like a mannequin vs a car.

When they make crash test they use mannequin, when car hits mannequin any physical damage appears on it ? No it just absorbs the damage, converts it into force so we can measure and compare it to human body.

But if a "burning car" hits to mannequin what happens ? Same thing yet mannequin start to burn and gets destroyed eventually.

Well there could be multiple reasons although all of them would be just guessing since none of it is explained in the movie.

One thing is certain, it was not the force of the explosion. If it was it would affect his clothes as well.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts:Yeah but guessing is not a problem if you can add logic behind it.

That is why to me, it is illogical thinking to say he got damaged by the explosion, not radiation.

And to me it is a solid feat.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ad-arts

@arqe said:

@ad-arts:Yeah but guessing is not a problem if you can add logic behind it.

That is why to me, it is illogical thinking to say he got damaged by the explosion, not radiation.

And to me it is a solid feat.

Well it is likely not the force of explosion because of clothes... Force of explosion would affect his body and clothes in the exact same way. Is it radiation ( heat/gamma,/neutron/ionizing)? Well it is likely not heat since clothes are fine, that leaves us with either gamma, neutron or ionizing because... well there is nothing left. Neither of them would affect clothes, if they were to affect anything it would be the body, and only his boddy was affected... His body looked dried out, zombie like, similar effect would have extensive radiation on our bodies. However in our case, it would of course be permanent :)

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FedExDriver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arqe: The problem with your theory is, he is not some crash dummy. He is an alien from another planet that has already shown fire doesn't really do anything. For all we know, the force of the explosion could have stopped his heart and stopped him from breathing and being in space...well like someone else said, there are many reasons it could have caused his body to look like a corpse. To me, assuming that it was because of the specific type of radiation that the nuke put out and he absorbed it, but yet Doomsday absorbed the same radiation and didn't even get hurt...I don't know, just doesn't make sense.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MAZAHS117

I always found it curious how some say he “tanked” a nuke. (Sidenote, I’m getting seriously tired of this word and how much it’s misused. This work sucks, and is just as if not more annoying than “busted” and “buster” ?). If not for plot Clark would be dead.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No because he did not tank it.

He was barely alive.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I always found it curious how some say he “tanked” a nuke. (Sidenote, I’m getting seriously tired of this word and how much it’s misused. This work sucks, and is just as if not more annoying than “busted” and “buster” ?). If not for plot Clark would be dead.

people use the term tanked way too much

this is tanking an attack

No Caption Provided

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:

@arqe: The problem with your theory is, he is not some crash dummy. He is an alien from another planet that has already shown fire doesn't really do anything. For all we know, the force of the explosion could have stopped his heart and stopped him from breathing and being in space...well like someone else said, there are many reasons it could have caused his body to look like a corpse. To me, assuming that it was because of the specific type of radiation that the nuke put out and he absorbed it, but yet Doomsday absorbed the same radiation and didn't even get hurt...I don't know, just doesn't make sense.

Doomsday started falling immediately after the explosion, he didn't absorb same amount of radiation. Also he is genetically engineered, so Doomsday is not a typical Kryptonian. Remember he gets more powerful everytime they hit him ?

All other Kryptonians can share feats since they are all same and only difference is their experience but not Doomsday. He is Kryptonian + other powers.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He never ever died because of Nuke since they first published Superman. So why do you call it a plot device now ?

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arqe said:
@rr79 said:

Doomsday started falling immediately after the explosion, he didn't absorb same amount of radiation. Also he is genetically engineered, so Doomsday is not a typical Kryptonian. Remember he gets more powerful everytime they hit him ?

We have no clue how much of the explosion Doomsday absorbed. It isn't said or even hinted at. And no, he isn't a typical Kryptonian, but absorbing energy is his thing.

All other Kryptonians can share feats since they are all same and only difference is their experience but not Doomsday. He is Kryptonian + other powers.

Eh, I don't agree that all Kryptonians can share feats. That's like saying all Humans can share the same feats. They can be similar in power and have the same type of powers, but invariably you are going to have some that are physically more powerful, some that are more skilled, some that are better with heat vision/cold breath...etc.

darthflax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retardedbiches: wroooooong sooo wrong i can feeel my anus upp my nose

Superman still had scar before nuke. And had trouble with newborn doomsday. Later when doomsday is stronger supes take all punch and heat vision and have zero damage to him

Tenguswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is his peak level of durability.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark didn’t tank it, he was KOed and needed the sun to continue fighting. There is a difference between tanking an attack and surviving.

Still impressive.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It was meant to show the absolute maximum of what he could potentially survive with help from the sun. Its not supposed to be something to where Superman can tank energy near that level.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 anthp2000  Moderator

Yes, obviously. But Thor's star level damage soak isn't.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dbe38e11d7b7
deactivated-5dbe38e11d7b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but people love squeezing each bit of wank fluid they can out of it. Even though he lost quite a bit of muscle mass and got flash fried in the process. He might as well have been dead. It's not as combat applicable as the WE feat.