This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for wacko_from_waco
#1 Posted by wacko_from_waco (235 posts) - - Show Bio

Think about it for a second.

DB Cooper used planning to hijack a plane without hurting anyone and got away with it. Despite millions of dollars being poured into the case the FBI has no idea who he is. He is an expert on airplanes knowing things about 727 that even the pilots didn't know.

Prep master--check. Stealthy--check. Polymath--check.

Sounds like we found our world's Batman.

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

That dude is most definitely dead.

#3 Posted by kyrees (13541 posts) - - Show Bio

nah no dead parents.

#4 Posted by phisigmatau (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

@wacko_from_waco: ur thread on becoming a superhero is one of the top 3 threads ever on this website
shame on the mods for locking it

#5 Posted by kyrees (13541 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by wacko_from_waco (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: thanks!!!! I had a lot to do on Sunday. when I came back to respond to the comments. it was locked. :( I don’t know why they locked it. they never gave me an explanation.

#7 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36712 posts) - - Show Bio

Overrated dude it was the 1970’s. Seriously any criminal that committed a crime before 1990 and got away with it really isn’t that big of a deal, cameras and police work has changed the world drastically. Hell most people didn’t have caller ID until the movie scream came out and made it a must have item...

#8 Posted by phisigmatau (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees:

Honestly the only better thread I can think of is the Flycops thread and im not entirely sure on that.

@wacko_from_waco:
thats mean, why dont you to go the contact the moderators link? I thihnk it would make for excellent discussion.

#9 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4076 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor, more likely.

#10 Edited by kyrees (13541 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: @wacko_from_waco: we had discussions of people attempting/doing real life vigilante stuff all over the years. waco's thread is no different from the older ones. all of those threads reek of naivety of the law and real life and all them says the same non realistic things they see from comics. honestly the closest thing of a batman like figure in the real world is phoenix jones and that guy has been arrested, injured accordingly from low level criminals and is retired from doing it though he's doing his civic duty of helping people in need.

you want to help your community better ? join the police force.

#11 Posted by phisigmatau (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: our friend @wacko_from_waco wants to support our communities! And he wants to do it for free! Thats altruism!

are you not a fan of the X-men, Avengers, Batman, etc they're all doing illegal, or at least started illegally doing vigilante work! How can you root for them and shoot down @wacko_from_waco? His pursuit is commendable, I wish he had a gofundme, I'd retweet it for support.

#12 Posted by wacko_from_waco (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: @phisigmatau: I don’t have much time to respond I’m at school. i don’t have a problem with people disagreeing with me about it, but they locked my thread before I could make any responses. I don’t see what’s wrong with discussing it.

I will try to contact a mod.

More to come.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
#13 Edited by RedHood_JayTodd (1681 posts) - - Show Bio

He only performed this "feat" once, and even then, it's highly debatable whether he even survived the jump from the aircraft. Certainly no Batman.

#14 Posted by phisigmatau (1795 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#15 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7364 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres a high possibility he died jumping from the plane

#16 Edited by kyrees (13541 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau said:

@kyrees: our friend @wacko_from_waco wants to support our communities! And he wants to do it for free! Thats altruism!

are you not a fan of the X-men, Avengers, Batman, etc they're all doing illegal, or at least started illegally doing vigilante work! How can you root for them and shoot down @wacko_from_waco? His pursuit is commendable, I wish he had a gofundme, I'd retweet it for support.

what most comic characters do are illegal and would land them in jail either because they become judge and jury that answers to no-one given they can be set to anyone regardless whether that person actually did a crime or not and is not accountable at all or get themselves sued to oblivion by the very criminals they assault since they have no legal capacity to do so. heck, you are more likely to interfere police work if you are going on assaulting criminals. his pursuit might be commendable or altruistic but he is doing more harm to the community than actually helping it by doing things illegally.

i'll give you one thread that have tackled this thing accordingly.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/why-hasnt-anyone-really-tried-to-be-a-superhero-or-594997/

#17 Posted by phisigmatau (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:
@phisigmatau said:

what most comic characters do are illegal and would land them in jail either because they become judge and jury that answers to no-one given they can be set to anyone regardless whether that person actually did a crime or not and is not accountable at all or get themselves sued to oblivion by the very criminals they assault since they have no legal capacity to do so. heck, you are more likely to interfere police work if you are going on assaulting criminals. his pursuit might be commendable or altruistic but he is doing more harm to the community than actually helping it by doing things illegally.

i'll give you one thread that have tackled this thing accordingly.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/why-hasnt-anyone-really-tried-to-be-a-superhero-or-594997/

theres no way you can comfortably make that statement if he hasnt done anything yet.

easy answer? none of them are @wacko_from_waco

#18 Edited by kyrees (13541 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau said:

theres no way you can comfortably make that statement if he hasnt done anything yet.

easy answer? none of them are @wacko_from_waco

i can comfortably say that because we have general history of people doing things like things regardless whether he presents something new or not. vigilantes are generally illegal in the real world and it's not going to change anytime soon. you want to help people ? go into law enforcement because they are still under the standard of laws but i guess someone wearing a costume should not be held in any standard of law because he/she is helping.

i sound like a negative nancy but you are pissing off both sides of the law if you are doing the level of vigilantism batman does in the real world and you have no fallback should they actually decide to take you down and unlike in comics, you don't get a second chance once you slip up.

#19 Posted by JohnCena69swag (3882 posts) - - Show Bio

People seem to think he was secretly Tommy Wiseau so yeah pretty much batman i guess.

#20 Posted by RBT (27800 posts) - - Show Bio

So the guy is Prison Break was basically a real guy? Can confirm. He dead.

#21 Edited by wacko_from_waco (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: @kyrees:

Thank you for the responses. I have given it more thought.

I would be going after low level crime. I would be in the bounds of what the Guardian Angels did in NYC back in the 80’s. Ever hear of them? If not, look them up. They operated successfully for years.

Or, within the bounds of a neighborhood watch, or a private investigator, or a security guard. Bottom line I don’t plan on going past the bounds of a private citizen.

Secondly, I wouldn’t accumulate the all the equipment at once. I think the building wing pack would be my main focus. I could swoop in, aid (many times just being there is enough to stop a would be mugger from doing his crime), and then be gone in a matter of minutes.

Also, some standard patrol equipment like first aid, pepper spray, etc.

My dad is an airplane mechanic that is why I think I can build the wing pack without breaking the bank.

So there you go....that was going to be my response in the thread before they locked it.

Edit: Here’s some info about the Guardian Angels: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_Angels

They have been praised by a number of mayors and politicians.

#22 Posted by phisigmatau (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

@wacko_from_waco: thanks for the info bro, the more i read the more i want to find out about ur project... i wish u could protect my neighborhood!

#23 Posted by kyrees (13541 posts) - - Show Bio

@wacko_from_waco: guardian angels act within the law of that area. what you are doing is skirting that law given you are carrying "weapons" , acting alone and probably acting on your own perceived notion of crime in an area of which you are not legally capable of enforcing. of course citizen's arrest is applicable but how much of that is actual citizen's arrest to judicial assault ? guardian angels are praised for their positive role in the community since they act within the law yet your route is similar to phoenix jones who is hated by the police given how half of it becomes illegal.

the police has far more eyes, ears and legs in the street and yet it requires time and luck to be in the spot of a crime, what more of one guy that is generally just listening to the police chatter ?

not to belittle your father but i doubt he can build a wingpack that doesn't cost 150k dollars.

#24 Posted by Renchamp (7777 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

And we don't need to encourage this alt.