Is CW Supergirl overestimated in battles?

• 97 results
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is CW Supergirl overestimated in battles? (150 votes)

Yes 50%
No 50%
No Caption Provided

• 
tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes, apparently shes above DCEU Superman lol

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By SaintWildcard

In terms of durability and strength she does seem to have him outclassed when it comes to high end feats, but she's so inconsistent when it comes to those categories.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@tj849 said:

She's not just above Superman. If you believe even half of the insane bullshit people say about her she's probably above 616 Iron Man. I mean, could he even survive a country busting blast with minimal damage? Or tag every Dominator across the country in under a couple seconds? Maybe his strongest suit, but still.

Clearly though those feats are outliers and not consistent with her powerset, but CW fanboys gobble that stuff like tic tacs. Their mentality is pretty much if it happened, it counts. No emphasis on consistency or logic what so ever.

...And don't even get me started on them believing dialogue over feats whenever it suits them. Supergirl failing to destroy all of Red Tornado's arm undoubtably proves her breath isn't absolute zero, but they've never stopped screaming that constantly whenever it's brought up on the forums. And if you call them out on any of this you're a hater/lowballer/idiot/fanboy who apparently is so dumb they can't refute or even engage anything you say in an intelligent fashion :P

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

She has been beaten by Scorch who is a low tier superhuman, her main power is fire but yet Supergirl struggled fighting her. In one episode (season 2) she lifted that "million ton fortress" into the sky. Yet in season 3, she was struggling with holding up to two halfs of a plane Lena Luthor was in.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849 said:

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

She has been beaten by Scorch who is a low tier superhuman, her main power is fire but yet Supergirl struggled fighting her. In one episode (season 2) she lifted that "million ton fortress" into the sky. Yet in season 3, she was struggling with holding up to two halfs of a plane Lena Luthor was in.

In which episode?

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Devilmenworks
TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Devilmenworks
DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DrPepperMan

Supergirl can beat Hancock apparently

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@watcher5000: Season 3 episode 5

Supergirl Season 3 episode 5

Click to to 3:30 is where she is struggling with the plane and at 3:42 she tells Lena she can't hold both parts of the plane.

That's because the plane was going to be torn apart. It's the same idea of a weight lifter struggling with a 100lb wet box that's ripping at the seams...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure people are going to jump all over me for saying this; she gets lowballed and IMO it's got to do with the fact she's a female character on the CW... People bring up inconsistency; guess what you're favorite Marvel & DC characters in main stream comics are inconsistent as hell(much more so) TBH.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People claimed that she could solo Raiden because she’s Kryptonian and that automatically makes her OP...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

I'm sure people are going to jump all over me for saying this; she gets lowballed and IMO it's got to do with the fact she's a female character on the CW... People bring up inconsistency; guess what you're favorite Marvel & DC characters in main stream comics are inconsistent as hell(much more so) TBH.

Eh, probably has more to do with the fact people just don't like the show to be honest. People tend to overrate whats good and underrate whats bad. But yea comics can be inconsistent as well.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Yes, but I think they hate the show because it's a female on the CW. Because in terms of quality(not trying to say it's the best thing ever) it's no better/worse than The Flash or Arrow, yet I tend to see even Flash/Arrow fans harp on the show.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@jashro44: Yes, but I think they hate the show because it's a female on the CW. Because in terms of quality(not trying to say it's the best thing ever) it's no better/worse than The Flash or Arrow, yet I tend to see even Flash/Arrow fans harp on the show.

I guess that could be true.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By assemblesquad

@solid_snake97: She can't tank a high frequency blade because it can weaken the molecular bonds, similar to the speedster phasing

let's examine how HF Blades work.

No Caption Provided

As you see, HF Blades basically cut through objects using vibrations to weaken their molecular bonds. This is similar to how speedsters phase though walls using vibrations.

No Caption Provided

As you see here, her particles can be phased through.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No if anything she's underestimated.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:
@devilmenworks said:

@watcher5000: Season 3 episode 5

Supergirl Season 3 episode 5

Click to to 3:30 is where she is struggling with the plane and at 3:42 she tells Lena she can't hold both parts of the plane.

That's because the plane was going to be torn apart. It's the same idea of a weight lifter struggling with a 100lb wet box that's ripping at the seams...

I understand what you are saying, but a more accurate example would be a weight lifter struggling with a 10 wet box that is ripping at the seams. Kara can lift the fortress of solitude key with no problem (which weights over a million pounds according to the show). A falling plane should almost be light weight to her, yet she was struggling with the falling plane.

I did consider that the plane frame was falling apart from the weight of the falling plane before I made my post. However Kara didn't stop the plane or even slow it down down. If she had at least stop the plane in midair or wasn't struggling with the falling plane, then I would be inclined to believe it was all the plane but it is clear that it is Kara's inconsistent strength.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mutant1230

@lukehero said:

If it's because she's a woman why is Diana from the DCEU and Scarlet Witch from the MCU so respected?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230: Not because she’s a woman. Because she’s a woman on the CW. There are certain CWish tropes that people(males) are naturally going to hate.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By APEX_pretador

She doesn't have a power level. She's like DBS Goku

Edit: more like piccolo probably

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@mutant1230: Not because she’s a woman. Because she’s a woman on the CW. There are certain CWish tropes that people(males) are naturally going to hate.

I'm not following your line of reasoning, especially considering the CW for a long time was largely considered a network for teenage females, and the Arrowverse has far more women as superheroes then the DCEU and MCU even do. White Canary and Vixen however are well-respected on the forums, because they have consistent feats and aren't wanked to oblivion like Supergirl is.

I'd actually argue Supergirl being an attractive girl actually might be the reason why so many jump to her defense and stand by her outliers so vigorously. It's either female wish fulfillment or males thinking somehow that sticking up for a fictional female will get them brownie points or something...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230: Half Of comicvine hates the Arrowverse for the reasons you just mentioned...so I don’t understand how you’re not following the logic.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mickey-mouse

@mutant1230: Supergirl isn’t wanked. She has high feats and low feats like any other character written by multiple writers.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@lukehero said:

@mutant1230: Supergirl isn’t wanked. She has high feats and low feats like any other character written by multiple writers.

How does having high and low showings mean she isn't wanked?Like you said that's the case with other characters too, and plenty of characters get "wanked".

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@mutant1230: Half Of comicvine hates the Arrowverse for the reasons you just mentioned...so I don’t understand how you’re not following the logic.

Because they're women... where is your proof of this?

Supergirl isn’t wanked. She has high feats and low feats like any other character written by multiple writers.

No, she's incredibly wanked. All over the forums people play the Head I Win, Tails You Lose game with her feats. Where all of her high showings count but absolutely none of her low ones do. They never focus on consistency or dialogue errors. Everything that makes her stronger counts, nothing that makes her weaker does. This same shit happened to CW Arrow & Batman years ago, both characters have barely recovered from that.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230: Are you dumb Bro? Red Tornado's arm is just freeze-proof, duh. And Supergirl has lifting feats that make her planetary.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I agree with that. And I had no problems with her struggling because it was her first time every testing her powers. But season 3, and after her other lifting feats from season 2, she shouldn't be struggling with a plane...

Avatar image for supremeintelligence
supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

no and only a few users within a majority show any sign of respect to her on battles. those voting yes prove my point

supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I agree with that. And I had no problems with her struggling because it was her first time every testing her powers. But season 3, and after her other lifting feats from season 2, she shouldn't be struggling with a plane...

the plane was falling apart anyways given how large it was and how small her hands are in comparison to the plane

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deltahuman

She's actually underestimated. And no, I'm not a fan of the show. Not an admirer of Melissa Benoist. Not even a fan of the Arrowverse currently.

Inconsistencies are there for every character, live action or comic. Supergirl might just have a bit more of those. But it's not like she has just one high end feat and she has never replicated them. Her high end feats are plenty and scattered throughout multiple seasons. You have to understand it's not a movie. Arrowverse has a lot of street levelers and Supergirl fights with them continuously. You could even argue what was Oliver Queen doing fighting alongside Supergirl and Flash. He doesn't bring anything significant except leadership. But he's there and has to be portrayed as useful. And so sometimes high tier characters are nerfed. Happens all the time in movies too, just less frequent since a movie is over in 2 hours and has less villains and power levels to worry about.

Then there are budgetary constraints. You'll never get a super impactful high octane battle scene like the ones from Man of Steel even though Kara is a Kryptonian herself and they had Kryptonians fighting each other in the show before. So it's natural the action scenes from Arrowverse won't be that impactful and the idea about Kara being powerful never seriously crosses your mind.

Third thing is CW hate. I won't say it's totally unjustified, many episodes and dialogues are cringeworthy. But the fact that hate is there is undeniable. That makes people tend to overlook how powerful Supergirl actually his. Her high end feats make her even more powerful than DCEU Superman and believe me, I don't like that But what's true is true.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: Dude, your logic is literally why she isn't (and shouldn't) be considered above the DCEU Superman or the like. It doesn't matter if the budget or the fact Supergirl appears in multiple seasons, if she doesn't have the consistent feats then she isn't on their level, it's that simple. The out of universe reasons don't change how in-universe her showings, if you focus on consistency and actual power levels, aren't a fraction of the level people keep screaming that she is.

You're right about one thing though, Supergirl is very powerful and can honestly defeat many characters in a fight. But at the end of the day she's only high tier, and borderline & cosmic tier are beyond her and the CV community just needs to accept this.

If we're allowed to disregard consistency because of outside reasons all of Thor's outliers count (City busting Novi-Grad, Throwing his weapon FTL, landing on Sakaar, etc) because the Avengers consist of many low tier characters so they can't show his spectacular stuff often. Would that be sound logic to you? Would you agree with that reasoning if you saw it being used on the Battle Forums? If not, then you need to seriously re-evaluate your position on Supergirl's inconsistent feats

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most definitely underestimated. But that mostly happens because majority of people haven't watched Supergirl. And the idea of a TV show powerhouse being more powerful than a movie powerhouse seems outlandish to some people.

Regardless, her feats are so clearly out of reach of the characters she's usually pit against, I do see a lot many people changing their opinion after someone points out her feats.

I don't think she's underestimated because people like doing that as is the case with some characters. It's just that she's not popular. At all.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: Dude, your logic is literally why she isn't (and shouldn't) be considered above the DCEU Superman or the like. It doesn't matter if the budget or the fact Supergirl appears in multiple seasons, if she doesn't have the consistent feats then she isn't on their level, it's that simple. The out of universe reasons don't change how in-universe her showings, if you focus on consistency and actual power levels, aren't a fraction of the level people keep screaming that she is.

1. How? I merely pointed out the reason she looks nerfed sometimes is because street level characters appear alongside her to make those characters appear important and stuff. How does that take away her credibility. Iron Man was defeated by Cap, does that mean we consider Iron man as street level too? Most of the inconsistencies are PIS. Budgetary constraints do matter. You are just plainly ignoring it. Like I said, you'll never get to see action on par with Man of Steel on TV. But Supergirl has multiple feats to suggest that she's herself on par or more powerful than the Man of Steel. That was my whole argument in the first place. Her feats can't be dismissed as outliers because she has replicated high end feats multiple times. Like I said, inconsistencies exist for every character but in case of Supergirl, she may have a tad more due to reasons not dependent on her power level.

You're right about one thing though, Supergirl is very powerful and can honestly defeat many characters in a fight. But at the end of the day she's only high tier, and borderline & cosmic tier are beyond her and the CV community just needs to accept this.

I have literally never seen anyone argue that Supergirl is cosmic tier. Arguments are mostly about her being country level in durability, million tonner in strength, absolute zero freeze breathe, speed on par with the flash and stuff, all of which are indeed portrayed on the show. A character like DCEU Superman is more consistent than Supergirl but he doesn't have high end feats on par with Supergirl and that's a fact I've come to admit gradually.

If we're allowed to disregard consistency because of outside reasons all of Thor's outliers count (City busting Novi-Grad, Throwing his weapon FTL, landing on Sakaar, etc) because the Avengers consist of many low tier characters so they can't show his spectacular stuff often. Would that be sound logic to you? Would you agree with that reasoning if you saw it being used on the Battle Forums? If not, then you need to seriously re-evaluate your position on Supergirl's inconsistent feats

Except those feats you mentioned have been debunked and so do not apply to Thor at all.

1. Thor couldn't have destroyed Novi Grad without the Vibranium Spire and Tony's plan.

2. Mjolnir has travelled at massively hypersonic speed only when it's separated from Thor or returning back to Thor. He has never thrown anything at FTL speeds. Not even in Supersonic speeds. The massive speed you're talking about is when Thor isn't clinging on to Mjolnir and it can independently accelerate at massive speeds.

3. I don't know what about landing on Sakaar you are talking about. I've seen people say that Thor or Hela has FTL reactions because they can fight inside Biforst beam or something. That's a stupid argument to make considering when you travel through a wormhole to a different part of spacetime that's light years away, in a short time, you physically aren't travelling FTL. Wormholes don't make you physically go FTL, they only make the distance disappear. They connect a particuakr point to another by bypassing space time between the points. In fact nothing can be accelerated to even light speed because it makes your mass infinite.

Other than that, Thor has always been portrayed as a powerhouse in the MCU. He is given credit when due. I just don't see how Thor fits into this discussion.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

She's getting her butt kicked by everything in her own universe and has a couple of high end feats that are so far out of her regular performance its not funny. She's like Barry on The Flash, who moves at the speed of plot, she hits at the strength of plot, moves at the speed of plot, fights at the skill of plot. Her powers are what they need to be for the plot to work, the plot is not written to be challenging for a character as powerful as she should be. Mpst legends characters are like that too. The difference to the other characters only that those are in interaction with other characters ussually so weak they are equal at best to street levelers, supergirl gets written to be the strongest even if a character with that powerset on her show would be a major challenge for a full episode.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: 1. How? I merely pointed out the reason she looks nerfed sometimes is because street level characters appear alongside her to make those characters appear important and stuff. How does that take away her credibility. Iron Man was defeated by Cap, does that mean we consider Iron man as street level too? Most of the inconsistencies are PIS. Budgetary constraints do matter. You are just plainly ignoring it. Like I said, you'll never get to see action on par with Man of Steel on TV. But Supergirl has multiple feats to suggest that she's herself on par or more powerful than the Man of Steel.

Because if she's nerfed due to being near street levelers that means her powers in-universeare going to be toned down for that very reason. Iron Man's Civil War suit is a perfect example, people act as though that suit would get stomped by practically anyone above or equal to the Winter Soldier. But Supergirl just magically gets a pass because reasons. If a character is consistently displayed at a certain level, then that is how their feats must be shown, it's that simple and I know for the fact you wouldn't this broken logic to justify the wank of any other character.

That was my whole argument in the first place. Her feats can't be dismissed as outliers because she has replicated high end feats multiple times. Like I said, inconsistencies exist for every character but in case of Supergirl, she may have a tad more due to reasons not dependent on her power level.

Please, oh please show me three times in the series Supergirl has gone faster than light? Show me five of her tanking country level blasts? Give me four of her lifting something indisputably over a million tons? Can't do all of these? Then your logic simply collapses in on itself. Supergirl's outliers are specifically outliers because they are not consistent with her default power set. And once again with that terrible logic, if she has less consistency with her high showings then that's more of a reason they need to be taken with a grain of salt! If doesn't matter if that's because of budget or the universe, facts are facts! Again, you wouldn't use this logic if I tried to do it for Thor... be consistent yourself!

I have literally never seen anyone argue that Supergirl is cosmic tier. Arguments are mostly about her being country level in durability, million tonner in strength, absolute zero freeze breathe, speed on par with the flash and stuff, all of which are indeed portrayed on the show. A character like DCEU Superman is more consistent than Supergirl but he doesn't have high end feats on par with Supergirl and that's a fact I've come to admit gradually.

Holy doublethink! What on Earth would you call a character that can casually go absolute zero, run as fast as The Flash, and casually tank country busting strikes? Mid-Tier? You literally just said no one is claiming she's cosmic level only for you to indirectly insinuate that she pretty much is, come on. Most of those feats are obviously BS too, and you're either blinded by cognitive dissonance or you haven't seen the show if you think otherwise. Where has she shown to have Absolute Zero Freeze Breath? Maxwell Lord said it but that can easily be dismissed as the writers not getting what that means considering the blasts have never shown anything close to that level. But of course let's just conveniently ignore that.

1. Thor couldn't have destroyed Novi Grad without the Vibranium Spire and Tony's plan.

Uh no, the heat seal was keep the blast in place. So, it wouldn't leak out and destroy anything else. Thor did bust the city with his own energy, as you can clearly see when the Vibranium core doesn't explode, it falls from the sky entirely unharmed. Total outlier though, would never use this in a debate unless I was arguing composites. It's just as legitimate as Supergirl's inconsistent high showings.

2. Mjolnir has travelled at massively hypersonic speed only when it's separated from Thor or returning back to Thor. He has never thrown anything at FTL speeds. Not even in Supersonic speeds. The massive speed you're talking about is when Thor isn't clinging on to Mjolnir and it can independently accelerate at massive speeds.

How would you ever know this? Unlike the comics we don't know if Mjolnir is actually semi-sentient or that it's anything outside of a weapon Thor uses, I'd say that the MCU appears to have completely outlooked that aspect of Asgard's lore entirely. What I'm trying to say is, you have no evidence for any of what you're saying. By deduction of reasoning Mjolnir went FTL and Thor wields it, therefor his weapon is stupidly fast. Outlier, but as legitimate as Supergirl's stupidly fast speed high showings as well.

don't know what about landing on Sakaar you are talking about. I've seen people say that Thor or Hela has FTL reactions because they can fight inside Biforst beam or something. That's a stupid argument to make considering when you travel through a wormhole to a different part of spacetime that's light years away, in a short time, you physically aren't travelling FTL. Wormholes don't make you physically go FTL, they only make the distance disappear. They connect a particuakr point to another by bypassing space time between the points. In fact nothing can be accelerated to even light speed because it makes your mass infinite.

Hela knocked Thor out of the Bifrost Beam and he landed on Sakaar completely fine... falling from space! That would make his durability absolutely legendary. Completely throwing Supergirl's measly country+ tanking into the dirt. Yet no one would use that since it's a complete outlier and obviously not everyone who's hurt Thor in the MCU is a planet buster... it's the same thing in the CW universe, why can't you understand this?

Other than that, Thor has always been portrayed as a powerhouse in the MCU. He is given credit when due. I just don't see how Thor fits into this discussion.

He fits because you're doing a logical 180 in regards to how you treat Thor's BS feats and Supergirl's BS feats. When literally just one feat has her at country level with about ten contradicting it, none even coming close, and circumstances that are poorly understood by the audience, you put your hands in the air and act like it's an irrefutable fact that Supergirl must be insane durability. But when Thor gets a city busting feat that's equally as vague & is just as far off as his other powers suddenly you're a total skeptic who won't believe anything unless cold hard facts are presented for it. Make up your mind, do we judge feats with strong skepticism or do we take everything that's seen and heard? Because no matter what, Supergirl either becomes part of a Ccmic Vine that all characters get bull shit feats or none do, pick your poison

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deltahuman

@mutant1230 said:

Please, oh please show me three times in the series Supergirl has gone faster than light? Show me five of her tanking country level blasts? Give me four of her lifting something indisputably over a million tons? Can't do all of these? Then your logic simply collapses in on itself. Supergirl's outliers are specifically outliers because they are not consistent with her default power set. And once again with that terrible logic, if she has less consistency with her high showings then that's more of a reason they need to be taken with a grain of salt! If doesn't matter if that's because of budget or the universe, facts are facts! Again, you wouldn't use this logic if I tried to do it for Thor... be consistent yourself!

When did I ever mention faster than light? Don't make things up or put words in my mouth just to justify your argument. Tanking country level explosion is a new feat she acquired so it's logically not possible what you're asking for. I can point out two million tonne lifting feats though. Lifting the million tonne prison and lifting the million tonne key of superman's fortress. I can point out her speed being on par with the flash on multiple occasions. Flying alongside flash at same speed, tagging every dominator scattered on the country/world with flash, fighting flash etc. Just because you say my logic collapses doesn't mean you are right. I'm not a fan of the show like I said earlier and I don't watch the show regularly specially the latest season, except for the crossover episodes but there are other high end feats that people who watch the show regularly could point out like something about tanking torpedoes that could cause massive earthquakes. Earthquakes carry thousands of times higher energy than nuclear bombs. She lifts huge apartment blocks that weigh thousands of tonnes. Her feats are NOT outliers because most of them are not one time feats.

Holy doublethink! What on Earth would you call a character that can casually go absolute zero, run as fast as The Flash, and casually tank country busting strikes? Mid-Tier? You literally just said no one is claiming she's cosmic level only for you to indirectly insinuate that she pretty much is, come on. Most of those feats are obviously BS too, and you're either blinded by cognitive dissonance or you haven't seen the show if you think otherwise. Where has she shown to have Absolute Zero Freeze Breath? Maxwell Lord said it but that can easily be dismissed as the writers not getting what that means considering the blasts have never shown anything close to that level. But of course let's just conveniently ignore that.

New stuff I learnt today,

* Running as fast as flash makes you cosmic tier in power even though CW Flash is just hypersonic and cosmic beings travel FTL regularly.

*Tanking country busting explosion makes you cosmic tier even though it's not even moon level

* Pointing out the bias makes me blind by cognitive dissonance

Thanks but No Thanks

Also How do you identity absolute zero visually. It deprives molecules of their energy. If you expect 100% consistency of comic book science with real life science then the joke is on you

Uh no, the heat seal was keep the blast in place. So, it wouldn't leak out and destroy anything else. Thor did bust the city with his own energy, as you can clearly see when the Vibranium core doesn't explode, it falls from the sky entirely unharmed. Total outlier though, would never use this in a debate unless I was arguing composites. It's just as legitimate as Supergirl's inconsistent high showings.

Look this has been debunked like a gazillion times here on CV. The Vibranium core had a magnetic field that kept the city from disintegrating as it went up. Thor didn't have the means or reach to spread his energy all the way through the city. Friday said that Thor hitting it would only crack it, the impact would still be catastrophic but fortunately Vibranium deflects energy and the spire deflected the energy throughout the city and Tony capped the bottom so that the energy doesn't escape through the bottom of the Vibranium spire and the energy spread throughout the landmass and disrupted the magnetic field ultimately disintegrating the landmass. The spire was unharmed because Thor can't harm a solid Vibranium spire. I won't go over this again. This has been debunked. There's no outlier about this. Everything is properly explained. Thor can't replicate this on a different landmass of the same size without the Vibranium, magnetic field and Tony. This had context behind it. Its futile bringing this up.

How would you ever know this? Unlike the comics we don't know if Mjolnir is actually semi-sentient or that it's anything outside of a weapon Thor uses, I'd say that the MCU appears to have completely outlooked that aspect of Asgard's lore entirely. What I'm trying to say is, you have no evidence for any of what you're saying. By deduction of reasoning Mjolnir went FTL and Thor wields it, therefor his weapon is stupidly fast. Outlier, but as legitimate as Supergirl's stupidly fast speed high showings as well.

Because there is no visual proof of Thor throwing Mjolnir even at supersonic speeds. Mjolnir being able to travel fast doesn't automatically translate into Thor being capable of throwing that equally fast. It's really dumb to even say this. Mjolnir has to have some form of sentience to identity who's worthy. How the sentience was constructed is the part we don't know.

Hela knocked Thor out of the Bifrost Beam and he landed on Sakaar completely fine... falling from space! That would make his durability absolutely legendary. Completely throwing Supergirl's measly country+ tanking into the dirt. Yet no one would use that since it's a complete outlier and obviously not everyone who's hurt Thor in the MCU is a planet buster... it's the same thing in the CW universe, why can't you understand this?

You don't know what altitude Thor fell from. Could be low earth orbit, could be couple of hundred feet above the ground. Depends upon what altitude the wormhole opened at Sakaar. And how does that make his durability legendary. Even Drax has done something better in GOTG2. People like Superman withstand reentry speeds and massively hypersonic satellites being knocked off orbit and thrown at them, without even flinching. When he falls even from couple of thousand metres, he takes down the top of a mountain with him. Thor's durability is nothing compared to this. Comparing Supergirl's country level feat to that is dumb. You probably have no idea of terminal velocity, reentry speeds, low earth orbit etc.

He fits because you're doing a logical 180 in regards to how you treat Thor's BS feats and Supergirl's BS feats. When literally just one feat has her at country level with about ten contradicting it, none even coming close, and circumstances that are poorly understood by the audience, you put your hands in the air and act like it's an irrefutable fact that Supergirl must be insane durability. But when Thor gets a city busting feat that's equally as vague & is just as far off as his other powers suddenly you're a total skeptic who won't believe anything unless cold hard facts are presented for it. Make up your mind, do we judge feats with strong skepticism or do we take everything that's seen and heard? Because no matter what, Supergirl either becomes part of a Ccmic Vine that all characters get bull shit feats or none do, pick your poison

Because Thor's city busting has been debunked and Supergirl's feats have not. You are welcome to debunk Supergirl's feats logically. Look, if this makes this any better, I've already agreed on Supergirl's inconsistencies. I only said that her high end feats blows even DCEU Superman out of the park. I have nothing against debunking stuff. I'll be more than happy if you can. My position was already clear. Supergirl has high end feats that put DCEU Superman to shame. That's it. Nothing more nothing less. And it's not like I completely disregard her low end feats either. I have acknowledged that she can be hurt by electricity despite her country level durability from her showdown with Livewire. That only makes me more credible.

supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inconsistencies happen. we don't live in a perfect world

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

It's probably because they're on a TV budget and her showings just look so lame. The action sequences and choreography is just god awful.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then there are budgetary constraints. You'll never get a super impactful high octane battle scene like the ones from Man of Steel even though Kara is a Kryptonian herself and they had Kryptonians fighting each other in the show before. So it's natural the action scenes from Arrowverse won't be that impactful and the idea about Kara being powerful never seriously crosses your mind.

Smallville never had that problem though and that probably had a much lower budget

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06: Smallville had some of the worst looking fight scenes. The CGI was horrible. Only they didn't care how bad it looked. Supergirl does.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Devilmenworks

@gxrevs06 said:
@deltahuman said:

Smallville never had that problem though and that probably had a much lower budget

Agree. Smallville made have had its flaws here in there but overall Clark's strength and other powers were mostly consistent throughout the series.

@rbt said:

@gxrevs06: Smallville had some of the worst looking fight scenes. The CGI was horrible. Only they didn't care how bad it looked. Supergirl does.

Yes but Smallville was also made over 10 years and CGI isn't as expensive to make for a higher quality.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the plane was falling apart anyways given how large it was and how small her hands are in comparison to the plane

The plane's engines were shot and the plan split in half, it wasn't going to pieces everywhere. And she didn't even slow the descent of it down. She should have been strong enough to at least slow it down or stop it before the frame fell apart but she couldn't even do that.

And somehow after Lena was saved, she seem to have no problem holding the other half of the plane up with only 1 hand. This is one of the examples of the strength/feat inconsistency in the show.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's too inconsistent

supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmenworks: yeah that one hand part made no sense but still only a small handful of live-action characters could've done what she did thus I don't see any overestimation of her in battles

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deltahuman

@gxrevs06:

Are you actually claiming that Smallville CGI was good or the action sequences even remotely comparable to Man of Steel. That would be strange.

Smallville Superman was perhaps one of the most powerful live action superhero and had multiple high end feats but the CGI was really bad. Like I said, budgetary constraints. During the period Smallville aired, there were multiple movies that had comparatively great CGI like the Matrix series. Budgets matter a lot. At least Supergirl CGI doesn't look totally fake.