Is Batman, Wolverine And Superman Less Hated Now

Conmemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I Remember About 2 Years Ago These 3 Where The Most Hated Comic Book Characters Do You Think The Hate For Them Has Died Down A Bit

Conmemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP!!!

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There never was a point in time when these three were the most hated, come on now.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@straight-fire: People on comic vine hated Batman because of the quote on quote plot armor and his supposed fanboys, but that has died down for the most part. The others while often spoken out against probably aren’t the most hated on the site.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

@mister_surreal said:

@straight-fire: People on comic vine hated Batman because of the quote on quote plot armor and his supposed fanboys, but that has died down for the most part. The others while often spoken out against probably aren’t the most hated on the site.

No they didn't. They hated the wanking writing but not the character. Even then they were in the minority compared to those who were either ok with it or liked it.

Also don't confuse the use of meme mentality for actually agreeing with it.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: So you have seen my thread. Anyway, I’m not confusing his use as a meme for actually agreeing with it, he point was to bring up a flawed sort of logic when thinking about they say that his character works. There is also the fact that many people have flat out stated that they don’t like Batman because of plot armor, which is why I said that. Besides, there are many characters who get wanked for more and worse that Batman who don’t take the hate that he did.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how many people Batman and Superman kill in the next movie.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dernman

@mister_surreal said:

@dernman: So you have seen my thread. Anyway, I’m not confusing his use as a meme for actually agreeing with it, he point was to bring up a flawed sort of logic when thinking about they say that his character works. There is also the fact that many people have flat out stated that they don’t like Batman because of plot armor, which is why I said that. Besides, there are many characters who get wanked for more and worse that Batman who don’t take the hate that he did.

No I didn't see the thread. I didn't say you were confusing his use but peoples in general. You can find many people who flat out hate any character. I doesn't mean it's significant portion of people in comparison. No not really. Especially not street level non power like him. Not to mention one that it gets pushed by both the writers and fans.

Batman is one of my favorite characters but what gets done with him is one of the worst. The negative reactions are well deserved.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I’m sorry, what is your point? Seriously, I don’t take your meaning.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dernman
Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

They are $$$$ ( well except for Superman )

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GermanX

@mister_surreal said:

I think Batman with prep is underrated but over time I have realized that it is mostly the fans that don't like his prep, not so much the haters. In fact, quite a number of haters like to position Batman as invincible to push forward a "Batman is a Mary Sue" agenda.

So no, the hatred for Batman is not really hatred but the Batman purists themselves who don't like his prep feats.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman- Prep, Plot Armor, Fanboys and wanking by writers

Superman- Sometimes gets so OP but only haters, hate him

Wolverine- Healing Factor, Fanatics and some wank here and there by writers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People didn't hate these characters they hated the fact that they were made to be pretty Unstoppable and everyone they work with made to look like idiots or irrelevant. Oh yeah, and Batman and Wolverine were in way too many books for a Time.

Conmemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers