Is Batman punching the Reverse Flash PIS?(spoilers)

• 135 results
#101 Posted by Blackdog2009 (3908 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: He didn't do well at all. He got his ass handed to him. And it makes sense, I'm not saying that's wrong. Reverse Flash kept pausing, talking, taking his time with Batman. I think that if he wanted to he could have kept himself untouchable to Bats.

Also, let's give Batman some credit. First, his suit is reinforced, his cowl is bulletproof AND He can take a beating like no other for a human, has been doing it for a long time, from the likes of Bane, Killer Croc and has been manhandled by superpowered powerhouses before and lived to tell about it.

Worthy mentions: Etrigan, Deathstroke, Wonder Woman, Superman, Clayface and many other titans that he has survived being pushed around by so to speak.

#102 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10706 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackdog2009: That's not what I'm saying. He did well in a sense of Tagging a speedster. All he did was stab the dude in the foot and was able to get a couple of punches in. Too me that's pretty good.

#103 Edited by Gracetrack (4820 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, not PIS.

Besides, if this had been Morrison or Snyder's Batman, he most likely would have enacted some insane ace-in-the-hole contingency to neutralize the speedster right then and there. Speedster fans should be thankful something like that didn't happen here. (Though I'd have loved to see that, personally.)

@blackdog2009 said:

Also, let's give Batman some credit. First, his suit is reinforced, his cowl is bulletproof AND He can take a beating like no other for a human, has been doing it for a long time, from the likes of Bane, Killer Croc and has been manhandled by superpowered powerhouses before and lived to tell about it.

And this.

#104 Edited by Pokeysteve (12033 posts) - - Show Bio

@sanitrize1999 said:

@Pokeysteve: He anticipating where Reverse Flash would be. It's not like he saw him and then punched.

This means that Thawne would have run into Batman's outstretched arm and fist. A character that perceives the world in nanoseconds (understatement) and can turn on a dime at half the speed of light. Sure.

#105 Posted by WeAreTheFlash (2127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve: Batman is no ordinary man, he is vengeance, he is the night.

#106 Posted by Pokeysteve (12033 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for digitalshooter9
#107 Edited by DigitalShooter9 (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that I think about it I don't think there was any PIS here. This is because RF obviously held back and didn't kill bruce when he had the chance. He could have easily done it while he blitzed him on the 47th second mark. All he had to do was continue blitzing instead of asking him if he's still alive.

Batman only got hits in because he was able to stab RF in the feet with a batarang and that is only because Thawne acted like an arrogant prick.

But what I have trouble understanding is how Batman's resourcefulness was downplayed here. In my opinion he should have pulled a contingency out of his a** here. They were literally inside the Batcave. He had enough opportunities to do so but instead he chose to take RF on in h2h. That seems stupider to me than Batman getting a lick on an RF that was playing around.

#108 Posted by APEX_pretador (21483 posts) - - Show Bio

So reverse flash lands 3 punches in 10 seconds?

Yep, Thor totally solos the entire flash family and zoom family put together.

#109 Posted by Bardockdiaper (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929 said:

The fact that it took the reverse flash more than 8 attoseconds to incapacitate Batman is amazing

#110 Posted by w0nd (6804 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Eobard is just a massive snobby dummy, who does what every Super-villain does. He underestimates Batman because of his lack of powers.

it's weird though, even if he was under estimating him, the punch would be moving at a snails pace.

Batman NEVER reacted to Reverse Flash, he anticipated RF movements and acted accordingly.

even if batman was reacting, the fact it would appear so slow RF should have just been able to see it coming minutes ahead. if bullets look like they are standing still in mid air why would a punch or person not?

that being said I am okay with this because it's batman and it's comics

#111 Edited by Gracetrack (4820 posts) - - Show Bio

@digitalshooter9 said:

But what I have trouble understanding is how Batman's resourcefulness was downplayed here. In my opinion he should have pulled a contingency out of his a** here. They were literally inside the Batcave. He had enough opportunities to do so but instead he chose to take RF on in h2h. That seems stupider to me than Batman getting a lick on an RF that was playing around.

This is exactly how I felt. Batman must have had several opportunities to pull out some kind of contingency for speedsters... and they were in the blessed Batcave for Pete's sake! Would it have been too difficult for King to have Batman press a button or voice a command that would activate an automated defense system of some kind? That actually would have been a lot smarter and more believable to me than Batman trying to hold his own against Reverse Flash in a fist fight, even if stabbing him in the foot was a clever move.

#112 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18964 posts) - - Show Bio

It was confirmed by the flash that he was toying with Bruce

No Caption Provided

#113 Posted by GXrevs06 (5236 posts) - - Show Bio

It was confirmed by the flash that he was toying with Bruce

No Caption Provided

How would Barry know that?. He wasn't even there. He's speculating.

#114 Posted by entropy_aegis (21013 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes there was PIS but not the way people think. This fight is stupid in every manner, from the reason for it happening to the way it plays out. Both Batman RF benefited from the PIS.

For instance RF forgets his own motivation for being in the cave. He went there to punish Batman but while he's there he just treats Batman as an afterthought. The scenery was more interesting to him. This is CIS on his part.

Moving to Bruce, instead of playing possum, sneaking away or activating a plan he decides to fight Eobard h2h. This is both CIS and PIS.

Thawne monologing during the fight is usual villain CIS.

Batman not finishing the fight after stabbing Thawne is PIS.

The final 10 seconds in their entiriety were PIS.

This is ultimately because there was no story, just a huge fight scene between 2 characters not created to fight one another.

#115 Edited by DCfan2015 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

@gracetrack:

i don't blame Batman

i blame King

it make me feel like he hate Batman and want to destroy his image and keep make him slappy and stupid with each and every ark

#116 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18964 posts) - - Show Bio

@gxrevs06: this is still the writer's way of saying RF was holding back

#117 Posted by jackiplier (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes there was PIS but not the way people think. This fight is stupid in every manner, from the reason for it happening to the way it plays out. Both Batman RF benefited from the PIS.

For instance RF forgets his own motivation for being in the cave. He went there to punish Batman but while he's there he just treats Batman as an afterthought. The scenery was more interesting to him. This is CIS on his part.

Moving to Bruce, instead of playing possum, sneaking away or activating a plan he decides to fight Eobard h2h. This is both CIS and PIS.

This is ultimately because there was no story, just a huge fight scene between 2 characters not created to fight one another.

#118 Edited by ArtThief (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, the real PIS here is that Batgod didn't one shot.

Seriously though, I thought it was obvious Thawn was toying with, Bruce.

No Caption Provided
#119 Posted by Black_Arrow (10301 posts) - - Show Bio

Was he there to kill Bruce (or to punish him)? I don't think that was ever stated, I think that he was just teleported there so he beat up Bruce and tried to figure out why he was sent there, that's why he was looking at the scenery.

Yeah I guess that Bruce could have done something else or his motivations to stay on the fight could have been more clearly definied. I think that this can be justified saying that he wanted to keep Reverse Flash entretained for the next 30 seconds so that he wouldn't escape while the Flash arrived. If he tried to do any of those things, RF might simply escape.

This is specially common for Eobard, I mean that's how he was killed during Flashpoint.

Yeah, Batman should have found a better way to incapacitate Eobard than punching him in the face which is useless since Speedsters usually take much more blunt force than Batman can deliver.

Yeah this also was obviously PIS.

Well It was at least an enjoyable comic unlike most of what King has been putting on the Batman title.

#120 Posted by Daywalker (254 posts) - - Show Bio

@digitalshooter9: BULLCRAP........The SPEEDFORCE protects speedsters from:

* Breaking their ankles as they run as ultraspeeds......

* Running into inanimate objects by creating a protective force shield around them as they punch enemies, or being incapable of seeing as they run at hyperspeeds.......

* Needing to decelerate in order to stop, because the speedforce allows them to skirt the laws of physics.......

* Reverse flash doesn't care about killing people if he runs fast, because he's a SUPER-VILLAIN......

As for being "OWNED", he just got "BONED"!!!!!!!!!!!!

#121 Edited by UltraPhoenix (120 posts) - - Show Bio

What I don't understand is why he would tell Reverse Flash he is trying to buy 11 seconds, isn't he the greatest tactician in DC? Seems like a dumb thing to say.

Avatar image for detectivesomerset__
#122 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Eobard is just a massive snobby dummy, who does what every Super-villain does. He underestimates Batman because of his lack of powers.

#123 Posted by morpheus_ (35173 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously. Thawne can just vibrate his hand through Batman's chest or head and one punch alone should have killed Bruce. Tom King is just a monumental hack.

#124 Posted by Quinlan58 (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

In this thread: why the battle forum mentality sucks the fun out of comics.

Seriously, it's just a fun fight. Bruce never stood any chance and the issue makes sure to constantly make that clear. Bruce punches Thawne *once* because the fight wouldn't be fun if he didn't. And then he gets stomped.

#125 Posted by Stefano (2619 posts) - - Show Bio

Its obviously PIS. Whatever the reason, Eobard playing around or Batman being able to anticipate RF’s trajectory, Eobard should perceive the punch in slow motion and act according.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#126 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

What's PIS?

Avatar image for detectivesomerset__
#127 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#128 Edited by TheOneAboveLife (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

@detectivesomerset__: Thank you so much.

OT: Nope. it was noted in the Button that Bruce Wayne had monitored speedsters and could sense their planned attack based on the vibration of their soles and how fast the floor would move.

#129 Posted by Devilmenworks (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@stefano said:

Its obviously PIS. Whatever the reason, Eobard playing around or Batman being able to anticipate RF’s trajectory, Eobard should perceive the punch in slow motion and act according.

Agreed. Even him not taking Batman seriously, he still should be able to have one eye close, one hand behind his back and dodge anything Batman could do while beating up Batman easily.

#130 Posted by Nitefall87 (120 posts) - - Show Bio

On one hand, we all know RF could obliterate Batman in far less than a minute if he really wanted to.

On the other hand, villains gotta villain, a.k.a. get incredibly arrogant and downplay their enemies. It's not like Batman stood a chance anyway - I think the issue makes that very clear and it even shows that RF was having fun pummeling him.

This. Plus, he's batman so that explains why he could tag him.

This

#131 Posted by ourmanuel (13905 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury would argue that this is a speed feat for Batman

#132 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio
#133 Posted by ourmanuel (13905 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: It definitely is.

Just as everyone in arrowverse tagging flash is a speed feat for them right?

#134 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury said:

@ourmanuel: It definitely is.

Just as everyone in arrowverse tagging flash is a speed feat for them right?

Yes. The consistency and the intent behind those feats can sometimes be questioned, however.

#135 Posted by ourmanuel (13905 posts) - - Show Bio
#136 Posted by Stormdriven (18368 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m surprised Reverse Flash survived that punch, honestly

#137 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio
#138 Posted by ourmanuel (13905 posts) - - Show Bio