• 103 results
Posted by modernww2fare (7045 posts) 11 months, 7 days ago

Poll: Is Avengers: Infinity War(2018) overrated? (200 votes)

Yes 26%
No 74%
No Caption Provided

#51 Posted by Bag_ass (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Look at this thread. its not even well made or master piece as everyone suggest just those who follow it would think so. not a great standalone film to hold its own feet. its just a celebration movie after many set ups. Hype is making people praising to the point where the flaws are completely ignored.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#52 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (4448 posts) - - Show Bio

I expected this thread a lot sooner tbh.

OT: Not really, the movie is great.

#53 Posted by byrd42 (781 posts) - - Show Bio

@bag_ass: Not well made? Considering the task in front of them, it might be the most well made film of all time.

#54 Edited by jashugan (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU brigade in full force. Infinity War is overrated, it's a 6/10 or 5/10 movie.

@byrd42 said:

Considering the task in front of them, it might be the most well made film of all time.

My soul pains me when I see comments like these

#55 Posted by ImMadNice (1291 posts) - - Show Bio

Only trails the Dark Knight

#56 Posted by Zepta_Pon (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

Remove the hype.

Infinity War is slightly the most entertaining MCU movie yet. It's also one of the best (or worst) nonsense and no substance cbm in that universe. Mostly because it doesn't feel like a standalone film and it clearly sets up yet another Avengers movie. As a standalone movie it's a 4/10.

#57 Posted by Doofasa (2007 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all. It was a terrific movie and is right up there in the top tier of CBM's ever made. Considering the sheer number of characters and having a CGI villain that had more screen time then any of the heroes that's a huge accomplishment. Nice work Russo's.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#58 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17571 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Edited by MrClarky1 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Great movie but slightly overrated from what I've seen. It's not top 3 MCU in my opinion, but I've seen so many people saying it's the best easily, as such I find it to be a little overrated although nowhere near the level Black Panther was overrated, also the hype of this movie was always going to cause massive hyperbole when giving it praise.

#60 Posted by byrd42 (781 posts) - - Show Bio

Remove the hype.

Infinity War is slightly the most entertaining MCU movie yet. It's also one of the best (or worst) nonsense and no substance cbm in that universe. Mostly because it doesn't feel like a standalone film and it clearly sets up yet another Avengers movie. As a standalone movie it's a 4/10.

Why does it have to feel like a stand alone movie to get a 10 out of 10? I have no problem with it continuing into another movie as long as the next movie comes out in a reasonable amount of time. The very high IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes fan scores shows that most agree.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#61 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4446 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#63 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome film, not better than TWS, Logan, or the Nolan Trilogy.

#64 Posted by ZackAttack14 (175 posts) - - Show Bio

No way is it overrated. It's not perfect but earned the praise it's getting. Even with WS as my favorite MCU movie.

#65 Posted by lamdaddy20 (1439 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah lol

still a great movie

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
#66 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by Batman242 (11520 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a great movie, though I still have my personal favorites.

Wouldn't say it's overrated because I haven't seen any reviews that try to compare it to anything else.

#68 Posted by Amonfire1776 (2995 posts) - - Show Bio

Masterpiece!

#69 Posted by SocaJunkie (8405 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything that receives enough praise will eventually get called overrated at some point.

#70 Posted by Gracetrack (4638 posts) - - Show Bio

Great film, but yeah... not the be all end all MCU movie that almost everyone on the Interwebz seems to be saying. Winter Soldier, Iron Man, Avengers 1&2, Thor Ragnorak, and Guardians 1 are all better, in my opinion.

#71 Posted by Shadowwaker (2495 posts) - - Show Bio

According to my teacher, all movies nowadays are overrated and it's basically the same story. Nothing is original, and all comic book movies have the same formula, so it could be...

#73 Posted by BladeOfFury (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. The fact that the directors had to cram in so many characters makes it impressive, but the movie itself was alright.

#75 Posted by weatherwitch21 (789 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it. Everybody always thinks something is overrated ugghh

#77 Posted by TonyMartial (9222 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many people call it a masterpiece.

#78 Posted by loyngulpany (2695 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez does every great or good movie coming out these days have to be called "overrated"??

#79 Posted by King_Krown (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. It was an epic movie. My only disappointment was it wasn't longer.

#80 Posted by BladeOfFury (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely. I enjoyed Ant Man more. But I cannot blame them, due to the huge number of characters they had to cram up. I expect Avengers 4 to be way better.

#81 Posted by m2k (569 posts) - - Show Bio

Give it time. It'll earn its place among the greats. I can see how some think it's overrated cuz of its hype and recency and critics saying it's overstuffed.

In 5 years, people will see how remarkable a feat it is the Russos pulled off almost seamlessly. The fact Rocket raccoon meeting Bucky for the first time and u don't question 'huh' and just go with it is a lot harder to pull off than people think. That's a testament to the Russos and what Marvel has built.

#82 Posted by sportjames23 (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it. I did have a few issues with it, though.

IMO, Hulk, Proxima Midnight, and Corvus Glaive were nerfed. And Thanos, even though he beat Hulk down (too damn easily, I would say), was also nerfed.

#83 Posted by darkonast (769 posts) - - Show Bio

the people claiming this movie is a masterpiece have never actually seen a masterpiece film , sad smh

#84 Posted by yaboi4 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimus:

"(Thanos)wasn't menacing enough for my taste. He spared too many lives."

LMAO!!! Thanos literally killed more life then any villain in history and somehow your problem with him is "he spared too many lives" just stop.

#85 Posted by byrd42 (781 posts) - - Show Bio

the people claiming this movie is a masterpiece have never actually seen a masterpiece film , sad smh

I've seen Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, etc.. and thought it was as good as any of them if not better (and I love '30s and '40s movies the most because that is the era of the most well made films).

#86 Posted by Kevd4wg (12699 posts) - - Show Bio

Overrated by some, overrhated by others. At the end of the day it's not my call whether someone's opinion of a movie is more right or wrong than mine, to a degree(objectively movies can be better or worse, but you can get more enjoyment out of objectively worse movies. For instance, I get more enjoyment watching DOFP than TDK, but I recognize TDK is the superior film in exploring it's themes among other factors.)

#87 Posted by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone thinks it's better than what it was. Everyone it seems has noticed the flaws of the movie. It's definitely an accomplishment for being a good film with so much stuffed into it.

#88 Posted by KanyeCosby (7041 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of. Overall, it’s a decent movie, but when you get past the hype of seeing all the characters in one movie, it’s not really that great.

#89 Edited by Lan_Fan (13111 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, the last scene saved the movie.

Avengers 1 is waaay better smh...

#90 Posted by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of. Overall, it’s a decent movie, but when you get past the hype of seeing all the characters in one movie, it’s not really that great.

Yup.

Deffinately not a masterpiece (lol)

#91 Posted by loyngulpany (2695 posts) - - Show Bio

Fanboy stereotypes:

MCU Fanboys be like:

"Infinity War is the best superhero movie"

"The MCU is perfect"

MCU Haters on the other hand:

"Infinity War was overrated, stupid and nothing special"

"The MCU was overrated and their movies are overhyped garbage"

Me:

*rolls eyes and shakes head

The internet these days......

#92 Posted by HitTheAssasin (7999 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a good film.

#93 Posted by NakedSnek (430 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL NO ITS A REALLY FUCKING GOOD MOVIE!

#94 Posted by TonyMartial (9222 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely. I enjoyed Ant Man more. But I cannot blame them, due to the huge number of characters they had to cram up. I expect Avengers 4 to be way better.

Yes its just the original Avengers

#95 Posted by Helloman (29618 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
#96 Edited by deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. And that’s okay! People have different opinions as people often do. What they enjoy the most is up to them. Not every film can be TDK, Logan, or MOS and that should not be taken from the film. Having watched it again I have to say the action feels off to me... there isn’t a lot of attention paid to the intricate details of each characters limits and it feels like they are all pulling their punches. The plot is very basic and clunky, and Thanos isn’t really a good villain. His plan is flat out stupid and temporary and any one with half a brain could pick it apart, and all his supposed depth is washed away when they need him to do all his evil bad guy shenanigans, there is no real character development at all, especially for Caps team... like they feel like such a tacked on elelemnt. The Black order are wasted... and we don’t even get to see the Hulk. Instead we get a half baked fight between a Hulkbuster value brand and Cull, which ends in the most anticlimactic way ever. Also visually it’s just so stale... like someone left the film out in the sun too long.., it’s so dark most of the time. Titan being the exeption. Thor’s part of it also felt really random and ultimately pointless as he failed. And of course millions of kids got traumatized by having to see their favorite heroes die horribly... not cool marvel. Overall a solid film for me in my own taste... 7/10. But it is not even in the top 10 cbms for me.

Just my two cents and as a stand-alone film it would be quite bad.

#98 Posted by Toratorn (7072 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, just like about every other MCU movie. If it weren't overrated, it wouldn't be in Imbd top 250.

#99 Edited by CCThor (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

I’d say those people in this thread said yes definite will not say yes when this question ask for the future success DCEU movies.

Peoples are just like to against popular culture.

#100 Posted by Tenguswordsman (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a little bit. Maybe... Probably not...