Please use feats to backup answers

#2 Posted by Conmemy (164 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP!!!

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#3 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (6742 posts) - - Show Bio

What aquaman

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#4 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say that he is with the Water Hand, that made him insanely hax. The Trident also sometimes puts him on the high-tier level, depending on how he's written. At base, he can pull the telepathy stroke move he used against the White Martians.

But on a strictly physical level with his median gear/abilities, Diana, Thor, and Clark are a tier above him.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#5 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5484 posts) - - Show Bio

Oof high tier characters BTW.

#6 Edited by TheHercules (423 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Well, Post-Crisis+Post-Flashpoint (Without water hand) can make a good fight against Wondy but still loses. 4/10

#7 Posted by reaverlation (25491 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is low high tier like around Red Hulk, Supergirl, etc. They won't beat characters like Superman, Hulk, and Thor

#8 Posted by geekryan (3393 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is low high tier like around Red Hulk, Supergirl, etc. They won't beat characters like Superman, Hulk, and Thor

Exactly.

Without gear, he is at the upper end of mid-tier. With his Trident, I'd put him at the lower end of high-tier

#9 Posted by agent41 (14917 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Well, Post-Crisis+Post-Flashpoint (Without water hand) can make a good fight against Wondy but still loses. 4/10

???. He is not as powerful as WW. Specially Pre 52. And even in New 52 and onwards she has what it takes to beat him. There is no way he wins a majority against her.

#10 Edited by TheHercules (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry But I meant that she wins 6/10 - (8/10 actually, would be a more precise number, anyway taking the Majority), also my english is not very good, it could've mistake what I really wanted to mean!

@agent41 I hope this can explain!

@agent41 said:
@thehercules said:
No Caption Provided

???. He is not as powerful as WW. Specially Pre 52. And even in New 52 and onwards she has what it takes to beat him. There is no way he wins a majority against her.

#11 Edited by somayareece (753 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman kills Aquaman if she goes all out. We already witnessed it.

#12 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ve never been an avid Aquaman reader, but it has always seemed like his writers don’t even understand what his power level is.

#13 Posted by Itachus17 (3176 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Pre52 WW wins 10/10, Pre 52 WW still wins 9-9,5/10 if AM has the water hand. 4/10 is a scenario were they are underwater and he has the water hand(and even then just if WW isn't bloodlusted or something like that).

#14 Posted by thebuckaronatr (1713 posts) - - Show Bio

He is jobbing high tier level at best.

#15 Posted by TheHercules (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehercules said:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Pre52 WW wins 10/10, Pre 52 WW still wins 9-9,5/10 if AM has the water hand. 4/10 is a scenario were they are underwater and he has the water hand(and even then just if WW isn't bloodlusted or something like that).

@itachus17 I already said above that this is not what I wanted to mean (I tried to say that Wonder Woman takes the majority) but my english is not good and confused some people

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#16 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14254 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Aquaman’s powerset is more consistent than most.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#17 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (14254 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Cahddz (85 posts) - - Show Bio

He's more on par with Iron Man from the first Avengers.

#19 Posted by Lan_Fan (12666 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm assuming you're talking about comic. I don't think he's a match for those characters.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#20 Posted by RampageTheFirst (6570 posts) - - Show Bio

2 threads about the same question?..

#21 Posted by Shadow411 (673 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is like Venom lvl on a good day. Ppl like IM wouldn’t have much trouble with him

#22 Edited by seastone98 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a match but certainly a challenge (now how much of a challenge depends if they're holding back or not) also wondy isn't in the same class as thor or hulk so idk why people are putting her in the same sentence as them

#23 Edited by Wrathofthebrad (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@seastone98 said:

Not a match but certainly a challenge (now how much of a challenge depends if they're holding back or not) also wondy isn't in the same class as thor or hulk so idk why people are putting her in the same sentence as them

Because there are people who don't lowball her in contrary to you.

#24 Posted by Wrathofthebrad (793 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by seastone98 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Chimeroid (9169 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehercules said:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

If they are under water he takes 10/10 no matter how Diana feels about the fight.

#27 Posted by Wrathofthebrad (793 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by seastone98 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio

@wrathofthebrad: keep telling myself what? the truth, well of course i will

#29 Posted by Itachus17 (3176 posts) - - Show Bio

@itachus17 said:
@thehercules said:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

If they are under water he takes 10/10 no matter how Diana feels about the fight.

No Caption Provided

Lmao sure, the same AM who gravely injured himself by going Mach 9.

#30 Posted by Itachus17 (3176 posts) - - Show Bio

also wondy isn't in the same class as thor or hulk so idk why people are putting her in the same sentence as them

Pretty sure even rebirth WW can destroy a bridge...

#31 Edited by seastone98 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio

@itachus17: but lifting it might be a problem 4 her *ba doom tish*

#32 Edited by Itachus17 (3176 posts) - - Show Bio

@seastone98 said:

@itachus17: but lifting it might be a problem 4 her *ba doom tish*

Nope, to reach Aaron lvl of nerfing would WW need Priest as main writer. I mean sure nobody in the JL got as ridiculously much nerfed as WW since Flashpoint but Aaron took that challenge with Thor.

#33 Posted by BreakOfDawn (845 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Thor isn’t a high tier. That said, Aquaman is a tier below the ones you mentioned in physicals.

#34 Edited by Wrathofthebrad (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@seastone98 said:

@wrathofthebrad: keep telling myself what? the truth, well of course i will

Yeah tell yourself the truth for a change, nobody was claiming that the currently very unimpressive Wonder Woman is in the league of Immortal Hulk, but Thor is currently also not very impressive and people mentioned Post crisis and compared them in their most well known versions.

To call Wonder Woman a highballed character is only the truth of a few salty haters and as far away from the actual truth as it can get.

#35 Posted by seastone98 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio

@itachus17: yeah ur right i believe in one comic it was said she hulk>>thor something about her being able 2 rip him in half (im paraphrasing of course)

#36 Edited by seastone98 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio

@wrathofthebrad: im not saying current thor or current wonder woman im talking about an overall standpoint, if u compare both hulk & thor 2 wondy ON PAPER she gets s#!t on by them in most categories except speed & fighting skill i am comparing stats NOT who beats who in a fight no here is salty my guy calm down

#37 Edited by Itachus17 (3176 posts) - - Show Bio

@seastone98 said:

@itachus17: yeah ur right i believe in one comic it was said she hulk>>thor something about her being able 2 rip him in half (im paraphrasing of course)

Someone could rly think WW's and Thor's downfall in terms of power was somehow Priest's secret master plan to make those dusty(he rly said that in regards to WW XD) mythological superheroes more interessting(i mean his own method was literally to let them both get hit by bullets from random people).

#38 Posted by seastone98 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Itachus17 (3176 posts) - - Show Bio

@seastone98 said:

@wrathofthebrad: im not saying current thor or current wonder woman im talking about an overall standpoint, if u compare both hulk & thor 2 wondy she gets s#!t on by them in most categories except speed & fighting skill no here is salty but u

Ok but that's rly just complete nonsense now, pre52 WW blitzes the shit out of worthy Thor and is easily in the same league as both regardless of any other categories. And the longest version Pre Crisis shits hard on both together.

Flashpoint is the only reason why WW is so ridiculously weak now.

#40 Posted by seastone98 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio

@itachus17: are talking about current thor & current wondy? bcuz im not

#41 Posted by ElderElijah190 (1829 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely not.

#42 Edited by Itachus17 (3176 posts) - - Show Bio

@seastone98 said:

@itachus17: are talking about current thor & current wondy? bcuz im not

Huh? I was talking about pre52 and Pre Crisis(aka before flashpoint) WW, worthy Thor and Savage Hulk.

#43 Edited by seastone98 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by Wrathofthebrad (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@seastone98 said:

@wrathofthebrad: im not saying current thor or current wonder woman im talking about an overall standpoint, if u compare both hulk & thor 2 wondy she gets s#!t on by them in most categories except speed & fighting skill no here is salty but u

Wtf is an overall standpoint for several decades old characters, composite base forms?

Wonder Woman drastically outclasses Hulk and Thor in the most categories in a composite base forms comparison, even in the Golden age has she already pulled the sun.

Their most well know forms are all in the same tier and very comparable, nobody but salty fanboys would ever question that.

#45 Edited by seastone98 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio

@wrathofthebrad: if u really wanna go down that rabbit hole they're are more powerful versions of both thor & hulk both cannon & none canon but i really don't want 2 i agree wondy IS in they're tier & IS COMPARABLE but not on the exact same level if u think i was low balling im sorry that was never my intention have a good 1 thanks 4 being civil it was a fun discussion

#46 Edited by Wrathofthebrad (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@seastone98 said:

@wrathofthebrad: if u really wanna go down that rabbit hole they're are more powerful versions of both thor & hulk both cannon & none canon but i really don't want 2 i agree wondy IS in they're tier & IS COMPARABLE but not on the exact same level if u think i was low balling im sorry that was never my intention have a good 1 thanks 4 being civil it was a fun discussion

I asked you what a general standpoint is?

With composite amped canon forms would Rune King Thor and Space Punisher Hulk get steamrolled by Witching Hour Wonder Woman.

Even in character Wonder Woman would already beat Thor and give Hulk the fight of his life with most well known forms, how is she not on the exact same level? Even if lowballing wasn't your intention, to say Wonder Woman wouldn't be in the same league as Thor and Hulk is exactly that.

#47 Posted by seastone98 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by LordOfFate (1463 posts) - - Show Bio

I always assumed if Superman is the top dog at 100 in strength, then Aquaman was a decent 60 to 65.

Aquaman has enough power to fight Superman and Hulk but will lose a majority against them.

#49 Posted by beatboks1 (9756 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on his consistent feats then yes he is.

1. physically he is in a strength and durability class that can make a match with and take a punch from(and has) Wonder Woman, Superboy, and many other class 100s.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

Telepathically he can communicate to large numbers all over the globe, break thru mental defenses MMH can't and completely shut down the synapses of high tiers. He's also used this tp to know when he was aimed at or targeted

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

If you add in the water hand or the trident that was gifted him by Posieden for saving him from Hades he can control the water and undo magic and dimensionally travel (the trident also granted him weather control pre 52, not so sure it does after)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

The hand also gave him healing to the point he could bring the dead back to life as well as a connection to the dreamscape pf every living thing and enhanced his TP greatly.

#50 Posted by Heatforce (5490 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a challenge, sure. Does he win a majority against the three mentioned? Probably not, at least on land. The water is his domain.