• 77 results
#1 Posted by LeonardSnart (2484 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he?

#2 Posted by Emanresu_20 (2325 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes because he has a personality.

#3 Posted by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes because he has a personality.

Introverts don't have personalities?

OT: Better than JL supes, after his ressurection.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#4 Posted by Supermanforever (7512 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say more character development than Superman. But i would prefer mos 2 movie any day of the week over aquaman. Imo wb does not pay any respect to the main characters that is Superman and Batman. if they focus on those two and make two decent movies. They will make shit ton of money and their fame will rise much faster. Instead they focus on shit like birds of prey and sucide squad 2 that nobody cares about.

#5 Edited by Emanresu_20 (2325 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce:

He’s not introverted. Not at all. He’s was able to maintain eye co fancy and speak clearly to those around him including Military leaders.

He just has an extraordinary bland personality. Almost machine like.

#6 Posted by jayc1324 (26283 posts) - - Show Bio

YES. All Clark cares about is Lois. There is no conflict within him, he just shows up, beats the bad guy (Steppenwolf, Zod, random middle easterners), and goes home. Arthur has personality, struggles with feeling at home in Atlantis, and develops into a king. Clark has no development.

#7 Posted by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce:

He’s not introverted. Not at all. He’s was able to maintain eye co fancy and speak clearly to those around him including Military leaders.

He just has an extraordinary bland personality. Almost machine like.

@jayc1324 said:

YES. All Clark cares about is Lois. There is no conflict within him, he just shows up, beats the bad guy (Steppenwolf, Zod, random middle easterners), and goes home. Arthur has personality, struggles with feeling at home in Atlantis, and develops into a king. Clark has no development.

Guys it's called paying attention to the movies.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#8 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14266 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: false, he cares about people which was one of driving force of BvS.

#9 Posted by jayc1324 (26283 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: lol that is such a generic statement. if that is his only character trait then that is sad. everyone cares about people. what are his goals? motivations? how has he developed from MOS to where he is now?

@heatforce:what does that mean

#10 Posted by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: false, he cares about people which was one of driving force of BvS.

Apparently saving people from floods, little girls from fires, his mother from Lex, earth from kryptonians, etc., means he doesn't give a shit >_>

#11 Posted by ganon15 (7007 posts) - - Show Bio

They're about the same

#12 Posted by jayc1324 (26283 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: Him performing those actions is not a character trait. Every hero saves people, that isn't depth or character or development or conflict or anything that makes someone a good character. That is the bare minimum. He loves his mom, big whoop. If that is the standard for being a good character that is pathetic.

#13 Edited by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@ready_4_madness: lol that is such a generic statement. if that is his only character trait then that is sad. everyone cares about people. what are his goals? motivations? how has he developed from MOS to where he is now?

Discounting JL, he had a character arc that expanded beyond one movie that failed to pay off in JL. Was Tony to resolve his PTSD by the end of AoU or something?

#14 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14266 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: I didn’t say it was a character trait, you said he only cared about Lois and I corrected you because that was a false statement.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#15 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (6751 posts) - - Show Bio

Supermans portrayal and personality is the same as his opponents on the battle boards... a statue

Aquaman was an awesome character

#16 Edited by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@heatforce: Him performing those actions is not a character trait. Every hero saves people, that isn't depth or character or development or conflict or anything that makes someone a good character. That is the bare minimum. He loves his mom, big whoop. If that is the standard for being a good character that is pathetic.

Questioning and trying to discover his place in the world isn't a character defining trait? Defending his new home from his species isn't character defining? Protecting Lex Luthor from Zodsday isn't character defining? Come on man....

#17 Posted by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

Supermans portrayal and personality is the same as his opponents on the battle boards... a statue

Aquaman was an awesome character

I disagree but I have to admit...clever

#18 Posted by jayc1324 (26283 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

Discounting JL, he had a character arc that expanded beyond one movie that failed to pay off in JL. Was Tony to resolve his PTSD by the end of AoU or something?

what character arc?

#19 Posted by Tyger (275 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is a bad character too. All I see is discount MCU Thor

#20 Posted by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: discovering his place in society. Does the world really need a superman? I.e. is his engaging the world as superman really the best thing for everyone.

#21 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36295 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: I disagree. I think after decades of having Supes and Bats hog the spotlight people clearly want something different. Which is why SS, WW, And Aquaman all made more money than MOS and JL. Also no Synder...

I would make people wait for another Supes and Bats solo. Make them super thirsty for it and start with a new actor in each role as a soft reboot.

Batman v a Supes, MOS, And JL made small profit margins. JL was a straight up flop. Batman v Supes in total profit made the same as Antman.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/batman-v-superman-final-profits-tallied-how-much-did-it-really-earn-a149858

We keep seeing no one cares about; GOTG, SS, Venom, Aquaman...yet these characters keep proving us wrong. People ultimately want good movies and new interesting characters and stories.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#22 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmfao at Aquaman being a great character. I’m not a big MoS fan but at least Cavill can act. I believe the real problem with Supes as a character is more of the script he was given. Mamoa can’t act and it shows.

#23 Posted by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger: lol no. Thor was a spoiled brat that learned humility. Let me guess, it's the long hair? No worries, hemsworth will no longer be wearing a wig so it should be easier to tell them a part now -_-

#24 Edited by Tyger (275 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: Lmao what you said made zero sense. They're completely different because one learnt a lesson that the other didn't have to? Lool

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#25 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (6751 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6897 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: He went from watching people die in tornadoes to saving people from floods.. If that's not character development I don't know what is 😒😒

#27 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14266 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger: discount Thor? Thor’s characteristics aren’t even consistent.

#28 Posted by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger said:

@heatforce: Lmao what you said made zero sense. They're completely different because one learnt a lesson that the other didn't have to? Lool

At least I made a point beyond your "discount Thor" statement. By your logic I guess T'Challa is a discount thor too or maybe a discount Tony Stark. Why? I dunno, that's what I would like you to make me understand.

@heatforce: you dont like Aquaman?

I do. I just don't think Superman is an emotionless robot/ statue.

#29 Posted by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, I think Thor has been pretty spot on charming. It's Loki's characteristics that seem to be inconsistent.

#30 Posted by jayc1324 (26283 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: He went from watching people die in tornadoes to saving people from floods.. If that's not character development I don't know what is 😒😒

Then you don't know what character development is. That was his father's decision, not his. He was following an order. Superman never struggled with being himself, his father was holding him back. Clark himself remained unchanged. He was never hesitant about showing his power.

#31 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14266 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: his story/journey is what makes him interesting. You lot are having a pointless debate about character traits. It’s the journey my friend.

#32 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6897 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: I was kidding. But in terms of character he went from a guy doubting his acceptance by the world and being in fear of exposing himself. To coming out of hiding because he felt the world needed him. The way the movies went about showing it is another thing though.

#33 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14266 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: Thor in TDW, AOU, Ragnarok & IW are completely different characters imo. I feel like Loki is more consistent than Thor.

#34 Posted by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like we are all drunk on this thread. Where are the strippers?

#35 Posted by adamTRMM (8743 posts) - - Show Bio

At least he isn't a Tony Stark/Starlord derivative.

OK ok I restrain myself from intentionally starting the flame war because while I like the ideas Snyder explored with his Superman, he certainly took away from his actual personality. He's so stoic and restrained it affects his personality. And we live in the times when flashy personalities>>>>>>themes. So making his personality less engaging hurt him long term.

#36 Posted by MAZAHS117 (11823 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk that he’s necessarily a better character, however I do think he’s more charismatic personally

#37 Posted by jayc1324 (26283 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: his story/journey is what makes him interesting. You lot are having a pointless debate about character traits. It’s the journey my friend.

plot =/= character. the fact that there is a story around him doesn't give him character. idk what else besides character traits and development there is when talking about characters

#38 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14266 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: I’m not debating with you, you seem too argumentative. I’m simply telling you what the appeal is and why someone might prefer Superman over Aquaman.

#39 Posted by Blackdog2009 (3606 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Both have different stories both w different struggles. Both are amazing heroes.

#40 Edited by Tyger (275 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness said:

He really was consistent. After ragnarok he was just blown out of proportions, and that's what Arthur is: Goofy, immature, oblivious hero dude

@heatforce said:
@tyger said:

At least I made a point beyond your "discount Thor" statement. By your logic I guess T'Challa is a discount thor too or maybe a discount Tony Stark. Why? I dunno, that's what I would like you to make me understand.

@marvelanddcfan24 said:

Stupidest statement I ever heard. T'Challa doesn't resemble Thor in ANY aspect. Thor is a sitcom, T'Challa is IRL. Lol at Tony too. Do you watch these movies? Thor took some of Tony's character traits IG but lol

#41 Posted by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger said:
@ready_4_madness said:

He really was consistent. After ragnarok he was just blown out of proportions, and that's what Arthur is: Goofy, immature, oblivious hero dude

@heatforce said:
@tyger said:

@marvelanddcfan24 said:

Stupidest statement I ever heard. T'Challa doesn't resemble Thor in ANY aspect. Thor is a sitcom, T'Challa is IRL. Lol at Tony too. Do you watch these movies? Thor took some of Tony's character traits IG but lol

The point of my comment was to be baseless like yours. So now that you - hopefully - understand my position, how is Aquaman discount Thor?

#42 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (14266 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: I respectfully disagree, like I said in an earlier post Thor 1 and Avengers aside his personality has changed throughout every appearance in a very unnatural way. It’s a big reason why I don’t really like the MCU version of the character.

Arthur is who he is and owns it, consistently.

#43 Edited by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: lol that person you responded to before was me ;)

Loki was consistent until Ragnarok. Not that Loki was a bad character, it's just they tried too hard to make him go from anti-villain (that's how I saw him in thor 2) to basically an anti-hero in Ragnarok to a self sacrificing hero in IW. The retcon about the mind stone in avengers only makes his development more confusing. That stated, I feel like Thor has been roughly the same; his jokes just got better in rag and IW imo.

#44 Posted by Heatforce (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say more character development than Superman. But i would prefer mos 2 movie any day of the week over aquaman. Imo wb does not pay any respect to the main characters that is Superman and Batman. if they focus on those two and make two decent movies. They will make shit ton of money and their fame will rise much faster. Instead they focus on shit like birds of prey and sucide squad 2 that nobody cares about.

We really need a MoS 2 so I can get ressurection superman out of my brain.

#45 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14266 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by LeonardSnart (2484 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: Cavill and Affleck leaving is a shit storm tho

#47 Posted by King-Ragnar (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

A wet mop has a better character than DCEU Superman.

#48 Posted by Mister_Surreal (6152 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is fairly interesting but has a very plan and boring way of acting. On the other hand Aquaman at first came off as being some drunk jack@ss but later he developed more character and showed that he was pretty intriguing as a whole. While the question is subjective, I think that Aquaman is currently as better character.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#49 Edited by Supermanforever (7512 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: I disagree. I think after decades of having Supes and Bats hog the spotlight people clearly want something different. Which is why SS, WW, And Aquaman all made more money than MOS and JL. Also no Synder...

I would make people wait for another Supes and Bats solo. Make them super thirsty for it and start with a new actor in each role as a soft reboot.

Batman v a Supes, MOS, And JL made small profit margins. JL was a straight up flop. Batman v Supes in total profit made the same as Antman.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/batman-v-superman-final-profits-tallied-how-much-did-it-really-earn-a149858

We keep seeing no one cares about; GOTG, SS, Venom, Aquaman...yet these characters keep proving us wrong. People ultimately want good movies and new interesting characters and stories.

Mos made less money because it was released at a time were China and Asia was not very strong market. Secondly it was first movie of dceu and had mixed reviews.

Jl was just bad movie, it has nothing to do with Batman or Superman.

Just because they dont make as much money does not mean they dont sell. If they make proper movie. Both of those characters will easly gross shit ton of money. Literaly in every aspect of dc comics those two are by far the most popular and by far the best selling characters.

If they make proper movie they will sell. Batman was making billion dollar movies 10 years ago were the cbm movied never heard of billion dollar

#50 Posted by rem (1990 posts) - - Show Bio

Dceu superman is far less charismatic as Aquaman.