Avatar image for christianrapper
#1 Posted by christianrapper (6008 posts) - - Show Bio

I have watched just about everyone of them. I am not a fanboy of dc or marvel. I watch both of them. I think most people do, too. I think they are making way too many of these movies. These movies used to be special and that’s why I went to see them. Now they are coming out every 3 months or sooner. Aquaman just came out and in Marchcaptain marvel will be coming out. Then in April it’s end game. IMO the studios are flooding the market. They will kill the goose that laid the golden egg. They should really slow down the release of these movies.

#2 Posted by adamTRMM (8931 posts) - - Show Bio

Only the formulaic and safe ones.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#3 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really, but I think my case is different since I literally wouldn't watch a captain america/ant-man/black widow movie at the theatre. I would rather wait for it to get posted online and I only watch a movie once, only movie I watched more than once was infinity war(cinema and home) and I didn't even finish it the second time.

#4 Posted by Michaelbn (2104 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, they're too many, one of the reasons Logan was praised so much was because it was different than other ones and didn't follow the formula, I'm fine with GLASS since it's not formulaic but these DCEU/MCU movies are way too repetitive.

#5 Posted by Supermanthor (13428 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for supermanforever
#6 Posted by Supermanforever (7668 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: no? Superhero movies are epic and ill watch them everytime they are made. We should be glad that they exist let alone be tired with them. If you got tired then dont watch. Could not think of an simpler answer than this.

#7 Posted by Richubs (3377 posts) - - Show Bio

No. If someone doesn't like them they can just not watch them.

#8 Posted by Michaelbn (2104 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by phisigmatau (1169 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: no? Superhero movies are epic and ill watch them everytime they are made. We should be glad that they exist let alone be tired with them. If you got tired then dont watch. Could not think of an simpler answer than this.

@richubs said:

#10 Posted by Mrnoital (7885 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely loved Aquaman and as long as we keep getting new stories with new characters I'll be fine

#11 Posted by Supermanthor (13428 posts) - - Show Bio

what else you can think how marvel still going after all that crappy nonsense thats call diversity

#12 Posted by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

Not all of them. I am down for any CBM that's a slick, fast paced thriller with unpredictable plot twists, stunning cinematography or action sequences, any CBM that presents a political/soical/cultural message, a CBM that's genuinely funny and enjoyable etc.

What I'm tired of is generic and formulaic plots, one time watch popcorn flicks and the common tropes associated witb CBMs like, a blue sky beam shot towards the sky, an Alien Warlord invading Earth for domination/resources, Anything involving Nuclear Arsenal misuse by terrorists, a Science experiment gone wrong etc

No Caption Provided

#13 Edited by Heatforce (5698 posts) - - Show Bio

No way. I mean, i wont see them all but that's what blue ray is for.

#14 Posted by MainJP (5766 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummmm... not really, no.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (17920 posts) - - Show Bio

No. If I was then I'd just stop watching them.

#16 Posted by Michaelbn (2104 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a3e087afc2
#17 Posted by deactivated-5c4a3e087afc2 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been more excited for them.

#18 Posted by xZone (10219 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all, I’m hyped for End Game

X

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#19 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (3870 posts) - - Show Bio

CBMs are more popular than ever at the moment, so no. If you're getting burnt out on CBMs then I'd just take break.

#20 Posted by FangDaNerd (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

#21 Posted by Green_Tea (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

Don’t watch it, no ones forcing you to.

#22 Posted by Tethadam (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

No way, and there getting better and more characters are getting movies.

#23 Posted by hyiena (5209 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#24 Posted by Magian (150888 posts) - - Show Bio

You can always not watch them. But I'll definitely agree that CBMs need to move on from the MCU formula, as I call it, that most of them seem to be going for these days and try something new. Say what you want about DC/Warner but at least they went for something different, at first anyway.

#25 Posted by ImMadNice (1087 posts) - - Show Bio

disney taking over fox will help slow things down

#26 Posted by Omega_kai (3162 posts) - - Show Bio

I watch TV more so, I don’t really care.

#27 Posted by kgb725 (18095 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres only like 5 maximum per year.

#28 Posted by ad-arts (1952 posts) - - Show Bio

I do enjoy watching them but imo there is too many of them. Yes you could say do not watch but it's not the point. Movies like these are getting popular on the expense of other, ambitious movies. Movies that can actually mean something, to teach us something, inspire us or to simply make us think. I am all for ocassinal mindless action film, but we are not getting as many ambitious movies as before. So... Is the current direction a good direction? No...

#29 Posted by Mike_Fowler (4914 posts) - - Show Bio

@ad-arts: Are you referring to movies in general when you say there aren’t “as many ambitious movies as before”?

#30 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12027 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, I’m having a good time

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#31 Edited by buttersdaman000 (22548 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. But I have a $4 theater right next to me, so i don't see myself "skipping" any if i have the free time to go. I do, however, doubt i'll pay full matinee price for any of them in the foreseeable future.....besides endgame.

#32 Posted by ad-arts (1952 posts) - - Show Bio

@mike_fowler: in general, at least movies people talk about these days. I do not deny, movies like avengers, probably one of the most popular movies right now. While they are fun to look at & entertaining on some lvl they do not offer anything else. Popular movies in the past used to offer much more.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#33 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14807 posts) - - Show Bio

No because they’re different from each other. Ragnarok, Logan, The Winter Soldier, Wonder Woman, Aquaman & The Dark Knight are all superhero movies but they’re nothing alike other than the fact that the main characters are superheroes.

#34 Posted by dirtytree332 (529 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

Only the formulaic and safe ones.

This. Reason I disliked 3/5 of the Marvel movies last year (Black Panther, Ant-Man and the Wasp and Venom)

#35 Posted by Mike_Fowler (4914 posts) - - Show Bio

@ad-arts: eh, I think if you’re talking about the past you’re gonna have to go all the way back to the 70s (when films such as the godfather had come out). You look through the impactful films of 80s-now, they tend to be action/sci-fi movies (like comic book movies now)

#36 Posted by Lil_Remains (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah yes, the 400th thread on this topic. Thank you for your insightful opinion, and feedback. I don’t know how this message would have been conveyed without your take on this often reposted topic.

#37 Posted by Wolfrazer (15975 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually more annoyed with seeing the same actor/actress in every other movie.

#38 Posted by The_Kidd (11554 posts) - - Show Bio

No because I only watch movies featuring characters I like, haven't watched Deadpool 2, Aquaman and probably won't watch Captain Marvel.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
#39 Posted by RedHood_JayTodd (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't watch all of them, only the ones that feature my favorite characters.. so no.

#40 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#41 Posted by Gokluma (8271 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda but i'm sick of random insert villain want to take over the world and blue blast in sky.

#42 Posted by modernww2fare (7009 posts) - - Show Bio

No. We the see the genre surpass expectations each year

#43 Posted by JohnCena69swag (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

No but the market is definitely saturated enough that we can pick and choose what to see now. Back in the day i would willingly watch any garbage(hulk 2003) just because superhero movies weren't all that common. I would have never passed up shazam if it came out 15 years ago but today theres much more appealing stuff out so i can sit that one out.