Is anyone crushed and appaled that DC owns Milestone.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been a comic fan since 1987. I have never seen comics like Milestone that felt familiar to my understanding and story. Without McDuffie to protect the characters I feel like the retelling of Milestone by DC has been the same result as America's treatment of minorities. SUX!...Anybody agree, or even know what Milestone is??

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Umm, DC has always owned Milestone. It was an offshoot imprint like Vertigo.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should sell them to another publisher (cough* Marvel or Image) and move on if that's even possible.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It was apart of Vertigo which is owned by DC. Soooo...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5 JediXMan  Moderator

Milestone has been under DC for quite some time; they were just separate universes.

I don't have a problem with them being in a shared universe. However, McDuffie was the only person who could write his characters properly - especially Static. It won't be the same without him.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nah its cool but the problem is no one cares about the characters so it is underused

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The only Milestone character I like is Static and I want him to stay with DC. I just wish they would use him more.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

The only Milestone character I like is Static and I want him to stay with DC. I just wish they would use him more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 52

Lots of imprint characters get the shaft in lieu of the main universe characters. It's a shame but it happens.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury: I know, Icon got about the same treatment as Majestic when DC acquired wildstorm. They made it look like they were gonna be on par with Superman for a bit but then just swept them under the rug, and now only pony out crap versions of them for a cheap pop every once in a while.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Skit

Appauled is a strong word, care is even pushing it a bit. To be honest, if it wasn't for DC, milestone probably wouldn't have gotten as much attention as it has. Static getting a TV show definitely wouldn't have happened.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I've also been less than pleased on how DC has handled the milestone characters, especially Static. But at least Static is getting a new live action digital series.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Billy Batson

DC doesn't own Milestone or its characters. They just licence the stuff.

BB

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Billy Batson

It was apart of Vertigo which is owned by DC. Soooo...

It never was a part of Vertigo.

@jedixman said:

Milestone has been under DC for quite some time; they were just separate universes.

I don't have a problem with them being in a shared universe. However, McDuffie was the only person who could write his characters properly - especially Static. It won't be the same without him.

All the original Milestone titles were good and John Rozum, who wrote the original Xombi, did a great job again with the Xombi series from a few years back.

BB

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 510

@sling_shot: Milestone characters? I think I only know Static.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe:

Ummm, thanks for the unnecessary info. DC distributed Milestone originally. It did not have input on the characters at all.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sling_shot: They still technically owned it so you should be more crushed and appalled that they currently have creative control because Milestone only existed because DC put up the money for McDuffie in the first place.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sling Shot

If you read the original Blood Syndicate, Shadow Cabinet, Static, Xombi, Hardware and yes Icon...you can see a major difference.

If we could only hear Michael Jackson songs sang by some run of the mill country singer, it would be the equivalent of DC's handling of Milestone. But I see maybe one of you is familiar with what I'm talking about so never mind...as you were.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sling Shot

@joshmightbe:

No they did not technically own it. I am crushed and appauled as was originally stated.....NO thanks for the loopholery and side talk guy.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sling_shot: There's no loopholes here they put up the money, started the imprint and let Mcduffie do what he wanted. It doesn't take anything away from it, its just a fact. That's why they could make a Static cartoon, WB owned all the rights to everything.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im aware DC was a financial partner in Milestone, prior to WB being involved. But the point of the entire thread was DC having say so about the Dakotaverse.....That I have a problem with. That is the focus. DC's financial partnership was a moot point until it became complete ownership......So anyway.....

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm appalled, yeah. DC wanted to make more prominent racial superheroes and they have a slew of them in their arsenal. Milestone characters had a perfect opportunity to shine in the New 52. Should have put Static in Teen Titans along with Rocket and Icon in one of their Justice League spin off books. But instead of using their already established characters and growing their popularity…they decided to change Wally :\

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sling Shot

@arturocalakayvee:

Yeah. I feel ya. I don't want Milestone any where in DC. I want separate universes again.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm appalled, yeah. DC wanted to make more prominent racial superheroes and they have a slew of them in their arsenal. Milestone characters had a perfect opportunity to shine in the New 52. Should have put Static in Teen Titans along with Rocket and Icon in one of their Justice League spin off books. But instead of using their already established characters and growing their popularity…they decided to change Wally :\

Well, at least Wally gets featured, unlike Static. He'll always have a better standing than most, so it's not that big a deal in my opinion.

Honestly, Static works better as a solo hero anyway. They just crapped out on the execution of the title.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: This.

Without Dwayne around, no one is going to give the MS characters a chance. They'll all fade into limbo except Static due to his level of popularity

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

im appaled they dont do the characters justice and have them in a monthly or their own series . I want Icon and Rocket !!!!

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa: They gave Static a monthly and it tanked in sales.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: .....Really? we still have people complaining about Wally? even though his race has no impact on his character? besides it was the CW who made that call, not DC (not that there's anything wrong with it. Also, how do you know that they are never going to use them? maybe they have plans for them later on.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Because the editors were trying g to tell the story and not their job. There wasn't one good thing about that book. It was a catastrophe all around.

Static has succeeded in his own solo book before. Its not like he isn't good enough. This time was just bad luck, not the fault of the character.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: I'm not saying it was the fault of the character, but it clearly show's a lack of interest. Other characters had awful series in the New 52 but were able to keep going because of fan interest.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BlackWind

@captainmarvel4ever: DC is partly to blame. Milestone has been with DC for years before the reboot. But they didn't capitalize on the popularity Static had at that time and instead waited until 2011.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Not really, they added him to the Teen Titans around that time.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: I disagree. And that book wasn't even that good. He joined at a bad time. And then look how long he disappeared for.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers