is a signed comic worth more?

liquade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By liquade

frank springer was the guest of honor at the last comic convention i attended and i was able to get a NM- copy of CAPTAIN MARVEL #13 signed by him i would of got nick fury agent of s.h.e.i.l.d. #4 signed but the pice was 3 times as much money. anyway since i am somewhat of an amature collector i just wandering if his signeture would increase the value at all and if its an opinion thing whats your opinion?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

YES!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Does a bear piss where she pleases.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Walkingstone

Yeah, generally. I know my Michael Turner is worth three times the price at the moment

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

This depends entirely on the collector. Personally, I have zero interest in a signed comic (it ruins the book for me) and i never buy them. If the siggy is in an unobtrusive place, like on the inside front cover for example, its much better IMO. This is because MANY collectors of high grade books, don't want writing/names of ANY kind over the cover art.

So, your answer is technically...No, yes, maybe, not really, sometimes...all depends on the person.

cheers...
Post Edited:2007-09-05 20:46:04

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

" This depends entirely on the collector. Personally, I have zero interest in a signed comic (it ruins the book for me) and i never buy them. If the siggy is in an unobtrusive place, like on the inside front cover for example, its much better IMO. This is because MANY collectors of high grade books, don't want writing/names of ANY kind over the cover art.So, your answer is technically...No, yes, maybe, not really, sometimes...all depends on the person.cheers...
Post Edited:2007-09-05 20:46:04"

Just cause you personally have zero interest in a signed comic means jack #@!$

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

There's also the fact of can you guarantee that it's an authentic signature. Some comics come with a certificate of authenticity (like if you buy a signed comic from a place like dynamicforces.com). If you go to a convention or something, you might want to get a picture taken to "prove" you were actually there getting it signed. But bottom line, if it's for your own personal collection and you were the one that got it signed, you don't need the proof.

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

King of Kings says:

"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
" This depends entirely on the collector. Personally, I have zero interest in a signed comic (it ruins the book for me) and i never buy them. If the siggy is in an unobtrusive place, like on the inside front cover for example, its much better IMO. This is because MANY collectors of high grade books, don't want writing/names of ANY kind over the cover art.So, your answer is technically...No, yes, maybe, not really, sometimes...all depends on the person.cheers...

Just cause you personally have zero interest in a signed comic means jack #@!$ "

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you HAVE read the title of your OWN thread...correct?

well, I was simply offering up some answers, from a high grade collector myself. Sorry you seem to be too tempermental to accept it constructively.

carry on...

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"King of Kings says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:

Just cause you personally have zero interest in a signed comic means jack #@!$ "

well, I was simply offering up some answers, from a high grade collector myself. Sorry you seem to be too tempermental to accept it constructively.

carry on..."

Lmao, my OWN thread? Perhaps you should go back and look again :)

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

King of Kings says:

"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
"King of Kings says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:

carry on..."

Lmao, my OWN thread? Perhaps you should go back and look again :)

"

Oh, in that case, you're simply an ass crack!

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rotten gun

not if i sign it

Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Superkitty

The price sure goes up if you're trying to buy it at the comic store. A lot of times the value is raised depending on who signed it and if that person is alive or not. Another thing to be wary of is crappy comics that have signatures on them. Every so often, the comic creator team will have "limited signed editions" that they try to make out like the comic is worth a lot of money and charge accordingly - many of these are mail in offers. Or they'll have their signatures on them "just because" (If you go to the back issues you'll probably find a few with signatures in the very independent publishers section). If you find one with a signature it doesn't necessarily mean its worth anything.