Iron Man 1 or Man of Steel which movie was better

• 123 results
Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Iron Man 1 or Man of Steel which movie was better (242 votes)

Iron Man 66%
Man Of Steel 34%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man is the better movie, it started the beginning of the MCU and it was all original, Man of Steel was a horrible unoriginal start for the DCEU and it was just Superman 2 if it was treated like it was the first movie.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By DeathandGrim

@krleavenger: I feel the same way. I remember the very next day after watching the film when it came out I described it as "dark as an anime" and joyless. Throughout the film I never felt once like Superman was actually in the film, just some guy with the symbol on his chest. Which is why I can see why non Superman fans probably loved it because, much like the film, they just don't get why Superman is an icon. They only want to see what happens when he punches things really hard. And that's pretty much what the movie gave them. The exploration of the characteristics that made him an icon was entirely non-existent in the film for fans of the character.

Gradually over time (as noted by many of my posts regarding to movie) my own opinion on MOS has deteriorated drastically. There's not a single thing I like about the film and would honestly almost place it below BVS. But that's my opinion.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@krleavenger: How is it not a Superman movie? How can you make a claim that you must hate superman or cannot be a superman fan to like that film?

Man of Steel is one of the best cbm imho and Superman happens to be my favourite character and I could go on and on about how faithful an interpretation it is but I feel like it’d be useless

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Iron Man, it's not even kinda close.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IM is one of my favorite CBMs and MoS is not even close

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man, not much of a debate. Took a B list superhero and made him arguably the most popular hero today.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Both boring, but at least Iron Man kickstarted something great.

BlackPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MoS is probably the best CBM, easily better than any MCU movie.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man, not much of a debate. Took a B list superhero and made him arguably the most popular hero today.

Not arguable. At all. No where near that.

OT: Iron Man. Not close.

Bandedessinee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel. Zod was a better villain than Jeff Bridges character, lol I can't even remember what the character's name was.

Smallville fight and Superman vs Zod were way better than any Phase 1 MCU fight.

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Man of Steel a lot despite its problems, I liked especially the fight scenes and the twist ending. The problem is that the movie is used to set up a cinematic universe, which was one of the fatal flaws of the DCEU.

As a cinematic universe starter and in terms of writing, Iron Man is better IMO. As a standalone film and in terms of entertainment, I choose Man of Steel.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This:

No Caption Provided

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This poll is an insult to Iron Man

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man by far

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man is far and away better. This poll is an insult to Iron Man.

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By hyperfinn

Man of Steel did nothing new, it felt like it was a remake of Superman 2 thats the first movie. It does not help that most of the Superman movies had an endless loop of only using two superman villains such as Lex Luthor and General Zod, or lame original villains like Gus Gorman and Nuclearman.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@DeathandGrim2: Eh, I personally think it is better than Batman V Superman but that is a subjective thing. I will admit that BvS has more good things than MoS, but I also think it has way more bad things as well. But either way, if I was one of those people who consider Superman a boring character who is always nothing but lighthearted boyscout who is always optmistic, I would probably be fine with this movie (although I still wouldn't like it because pacing and "I am Jesus" references are annoying as hell). But I am not. I am actually a Superman fan (although not hardcore Superman fan but I would say I'm above average) who loves and understands Superman's character, lore and the universe. What that movie is has nothing to do with anything related to Superman aside from his origin story. And introducing an origin story for a character who's origin story by itself is not that complex or difficult to introduce and represent, does not give you any bonus, and if it does, it will hardly help you.

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642:

How is it not a Superman movie? How can you make a claim that you must hate superman or cannot be a superman fan to like that film?

I didn't say that. I said how I don't understand people who are Superman fans, and like that movie (not that there is anything wrong with it, I respect people's opinions, but I just can't understand that). To answer your first question, it is not a Superman movie in my eyes. In my eyes, it is a Christopher Nolan movie with a guy in blue suit and red cape who can fly and happens to be a guy who came to Earth from a dying world as a kid. That's it. That is all of Superman you are gonna get in this movie. Everything else is just copy/pasted Nolan trilogy forced by a production company who lacks logical thinking, Snyder's obsession with explosions, and action.

The latter being the only good thing because despite how the colors are bad as they get and Superman killer is a meme at this point, the fight in Smallvile (and even in Metropolis for that matter) was solid. But you can watch MoS and literally make a list called "Nolan did it". That movie is a byproduct of company not only having no idea what they are doing (ruining Superman's character), but thinking like every single Hollywood producer who thinks marketing is all that works (which is a common thing that comes up before a bad movie), and making Nolan work as a producer for MoS and make it a movie in his style.

Because if Green Lantern, huge CGI super hero comic book like movie didn't work, but grounded, dark and griddy tone of Nolan Batman movies was extremely successful, we have to use the formula that worked and make Superman, well, anything and everything but Superman. Because if Captain America movie fails and Punisher movie receives an Oscar, we have to make a Spider-man movie where Peter kills criminals in cold blood. This is basically what Man of Steel is in my eyes. Superman killing Zod is one of my least noticeable concerns for that movie. The tone, the vibe, the pacing, dialogue, it has Nolan written all over it but almost zero Superman.

Man of Steel is one of the best cbm imho and Superman happens to be my favourite character and I could go on and on about how faithful an interpretation it is but I feel like it’d be useless

It's not useless if your intention is just to share your opinion. I highly doubt I'll agree but the point of this forum is to discuss things with others. So feel free to share your thoughts on the movie and explain why you like it.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel has better visuals, action and a better villain.

Iron Man has a better story

JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolex said:

Iron Man. No debate.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man Of Steel for me, Iron Man felt too bleh.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel by far

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man, MOS has wayyy too many flaws to be considered as good as Iron Man 1 was.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man.

jamiekinsman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how can iron man win when superman can't die but he will smash his suit with one punch

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man