TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Respect Daniel Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist

No Caption Provided

Daniel Rand is the Immortal Iron Fist; one of a long line of warriors who protect the mystical city of K'un Lun. Having completed his training and won a victory over the dragon, Shou-Lao the Undying, Danny plunged his fists into the heart of Shou-Lao, and claimed the power of the Iron Fist. With these powers he is able to channel his chi for a variety of purposes, but mostly does so to increase his physical prowess, turning his fists into things of iron, and becoming a living weapon.

As the Iron Fist he has a long history within the Marvel Universe. He has served as a member of the Avengers, the Defenders, and is co-partners with Luke Cage/Power Man to operate the Heroes for Hire business. As Danny Rand he is a multi-billionaire, allowing him to fund his heroic pursuits.

For a detailed run-down of his character history check HERE.

There is no question that Danny Rand is a king among the street tier and it's due time that he's been given a proper respect thread -- oh, and here's some mood music.

Table of Contents

1. Physical Abilities (Agility/Speed/Durability/Strength/Senses)
  2. Combat Skill (Disarming/Fights 1 v 1/Fights 1 v Group/Marksmanship/Nerve Strikes/Misc)
  3. Chi Abilities (Energy Absorption/Energy Blasts/Healing/Iron Fist Strikes/Mind Meld/Misc)

1.0 | Physical Abilities

Having trained in the mystical city of K'un Lun for the majority of his life, Danny Rand is a physically impressive combatant, even without the powers granted to him with by the Iron Fist.

Agility

Feats in this category are to showcase his agility -- they may also double as speed showings.

• Iron Fist V1 #4 - Is knocked off a building but is able to save himself mid-fall and manages to land back atop the building. He also notes that the world seems to be moving in slow motion as he does this.
  • Iron Fist V1 #6 - Successfully takes down a target after falling from the sky.
  • Iron Fist V1 #9 - Purposefully gets himself thrown out a window and catches himself on a lower balcony during his free fall.
  • Iron Fist V1 #9 - Flips over a vehicle that's attempting to run him over.
  • Iron Fist V1 #10 - Dodges shotgun fire, flips over a car while stunning two police officers, and climbs up a fire-escape.
  • Iron Fist V1 #10 - Leaps off of a building and climbs down a fire escape while being shot at by three different policemen.
  • Iron Fist V1 #11 - Easily flips through the city -- claims that this is him simply limbering up and exercising his acrobatic skills.
  • Iron Fist V1 #12 - Leaps down a stairway and positions himself under the body of Jarvis to cushion his fall.
  • Iron Fist V3 #1 - Leaps atop several cars while in motion, taking out foes while he does so, then jumps to safety before the car rolls over, swinging off of a tree branch and taking out more foes as he lands.
  • Marvel Presents #126 - Uses fancy footwork to avoid a spreading chasm, leaps atop a hovercraft in-motion, and takes back an object that was stolen from him before leaping off to safety.
  • Marvel Presents #127 - Is able to safely roll and recover after a motorcycle he's riding on is blown apart.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #63 - Safely navigates a burning building that is falling apart around him to save someone trapped inside.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #64 - Leaps out of an elevator to avoid machine-gun fire and catches himself on the elevator cables while falling down the shaft.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #71 - Unties himself from rope while in mid-air and catches himself on a building during his free-fall.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #81 - Easily jumps over a vehicle and grabs the driver while doing so, throwing him on the ground as he lands.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #86 - Swings to the top of a building and chases someone across the rooftops.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #98 - After being blasted by Shades he's able to dodge a car that's driving towards him.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #109 - While tied up in mid-air he's able to swing himself to a window, breaking it with his feet. He catches a shard of glass with his feet to cut the ropes that bind him and lands, safely.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #125 - Quickly climbs a fire escape and is able to get a surprise attack on a foe.

Now, onto speed.

Speed

Feats in this category are to showcase his combat and reaction speeds.

PROJECTILE DODGING/CATCHING (Bullets, Energy Blasts, Magical Blasts, etc.)

BLITZING

• Heroes for Hire V3 #3 - Is being watched by Paladin (who is laying on a rooftop) while he's eating. Paladin has a really short conversation with Misty Knight over comms and when Paladin looks back and Danny isn't there anymore, instead he's now next to Paladin and has changed into his costume.
  • Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #4 - Is tazed by a woman he slept with when his guard was down. When she goes to taze him a second time he removes the batteries from the tazer without her noticing.
  • Iron Fist V1 #6 - Blitzes several guards before they can sound an alarm; one of the guards comments that 'nobody can move that fast' in response to Iron Fist's moves.
  • Iron Fist V1 #8 - Blitzes several members of the Golden Tigers at such a speed that the events seem to blur and those witnessing it can't exactly make out what happened.
  • Marvel Premiere #16 - As part of his training he was able to snatch a golden crown off of the head of the serpent king, having done this at age 16.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #51 - Blitzes several armed thugs at 'inhuman speeds' and downs them before they even knew what hit them.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #69 - Kicks a gun from an assailants hand before he can pull the trigger.

OTHER/MISC

• Marvel Premiere #17 - Is standing over a pit-trap when it opens, is able to react in time to grab the side of the pit and climb up.
  • Marvel Premiere #17 - Punches through the top of an elevator to see another elevator rapidly descending towards him. He's able to punch a hold in the elevator shift and leap to safety before getting crushed.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #61 - Tags a speedster named Thunderbolt several times.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #104 - Dodges an attack from Misty Knight as he opens a door, not knowing she was waiting there ready to strike whomever opened it.

Now, onto durability.

Durability

Feats in this category are to showcase his durability and endurance. He also showcases a lot of durability feats in his many, many fights, but those can be seen in the Combat Skill section later in the RT.

BLUNT/CONCUSSIVE FORCE

• Defenders V5 #3/4 - In a fight with Diamondback he gets his back broken the same way Bane did to Batman. He then gets up while Diamondback is fighting Jessica Jones and punches him into a car using his Iron Fist ability, he then continues fighting and beats Diamondback.
  • Iron Fist V1 #7 - Smashes a portal that results in a massive explosion -- Colleen Wing sees the explosion and compares it to a baby nuke. Iron Fist is unscathed from the blast and then withstands the strength of the 'Implosion Vortex' so he doesn't get pulled through into who knows where.
  • Iron Fist V1 #10 - Is hit by Chaka's triple iron which strikes with the force of a howitzer shell. Despite his nerves feeling as if they were on fire and the residual pain from the impact he manages to kick Chaka down a flight of stairs and tackle him out a doorway.
  • Iron Fist V5 #7 - Survives having two semi-trucks dropped on him and attacks the person who did it. I believe he used the Iron Fist abilities to punch through them as they were dropped onto him.
  • Marvel Premiere #16 - His training when he was a child in K'un Lun included thrusting his fists into a deep tub of sand, then gravel, and finally stone. This was in order to 'condition' his fists.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #50 - Keeps his grip on a ledge even while Stiletto stomps on his hand repeatedly.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V3 #12 - Is thrown from a building after a large explosion, despite being in pain he's able to stand himself up in the debris.
  • The Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu #21 - Is hit in the head by a blow that would kill a normal man, is merely stunned.

PIERCING

• Iron Fist V5 #5 - During the Trail of the Seven Masters his fight with the Divine Wolf is interrupted and he is shot by three arrows. The Divine Wolf seeks to resume the fight once Iron Fist is healed so that it is fair; however, Danny simply removes the arrows from his body and proceeds to punish the Divine Wolf, beating his face into a bloody pulp.
  • Marvel Premiere #15 - During his trial to become the Iron Fist he is hit in the shoulder with a knife fired from the hand of a robotic foe. He still manages to dodge the second knife whilst also removing the first from his shoulder before beating the robot to pieces.
  • The Immortal Iron Fist V1 #23 - Remains conscious despite having both of his forearms pierced by large meat-hooks and having his chest branded.

MISC (ENERGY/FLAME/ETC)

• Immortal Weapons #1 - Has a flame-resistant costume; also is fairly calm after his hands catch on fire, dousing them under water as quickly as he can.
  • Immortal Weapons #5 - Meditates for three days and six hours before finally complaining that he can't feel his toes. Fat Cobra began to complain after 12 hours.
  • Iron Fist V1 #4 - Absorbs enough radiation that would instantly kill a man while fighting Radion.
  • Marvel Premiere #17 - Is doused in corrosive acid but remains calm in the face of searing pain, escaping the trapped room.

Now, onto strength.

Strength

Feats in this category are to showcase his physical strength WITHOUT using the Iron Fist.

BLUNT FORCE/STRIKING

LIFTING/PULLING/GRAPPLING

Now, onto senses.

Senses

Feats in this category are to showcase his sensory abilities such as sight, smell, and hearing.

HEARING

SIGHT

SMELL

• Iron Fist V1 #15 - Reacts to Nightcrawler's teleportation due to the stench of brimstone prior to his arrival.
  • Iron Fist V1 #15 - Reacts to Nightcrawler's teleportation again, realizing there is a one second period between the smell of brimstone and his materialization.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #89 - Smells fresh cigar smoke which alerts him of a trap.

TOUCH/MISC.

Now, onto combat skill.

2.0 | Combat Skill

Having trained for most of his young life in the mystical city of K'un Lun with other master martial artists, Danny is a combat expert, able to fight against large groups and other super powered beings with great success.

NOTE: While this showcases the majority of his noteworthy fights, there may be some that are instead featured in the 'Iron Fist' section due to how it showcases the power of the Iron Fist.

Disarming

Feats in this category are to highlight his ability to disarm foes during combat.

Now, onto fights.

Fights (ONE V. ONE)

Feats in this category are to showcase his 1 v 1 fights.

Now, onto group fights.

Group Fights (ONE V. X)

Feats in this category are to showcase his 1 v group fights.

Now, onto marksmanship.

Marksmanship

Feats in this category are to showcase his marksmanship.

Now, onto nerve strikes.

Nerve Strikes/Pinches

Feats in this category are to showcase his nerve strikes/pinches.

Now, onto misc/other combat related things.

Misc/Other

Feats in this category are to showcase combat related things that don't fit in a specific category.

• Iron Fist V1 #9 - Quickly renders a foe unconscious by cutting his blood flow to the brain.
  • Iron Fist V1 #13 - Blocks two of Boomerang's razor-boomerangs without getting cut by them.
  • Marvel Premiere #16 - Knows where to strike Scythe through a wall based on the angle of his weapon.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #77 - Plays dead to trick a foe -- not even Daredevil can tell if he's alive or not.
  • Power Man & Iron Fist V1 #113 - Kills a fly with his feet.
  • Shadowland #3 - States that Daredevil isn't much of a match for the Iron Fist.
  • The Immortal Iron Fist #3 - Can focus on a foe and target their weaker points.
  • The Immortal Iron Fist #9 - Having the knowledge of the Book of the Iron Fist he has mastered several new techniques and claims to have infinite ways to kill men.
  • Thunderbolts #137 - In a simulation he's able to take down Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Captain America. It's said he has a 94% on Spider-Man kills, 58% on Wolverine kills, and 45% on Captain America kills.
  • Thunderbolts #137 - Uses a fighting style that prevents Mr. X from telepathically predicting his moves.

Now, onto the chi abilities.

3.0 | Chi Abilities / The Iron Fist

What truly sets Iron Fist above the rest is his ability to channel his chi directly into his fist, making it into a thing of Iron, enhancing it's striking power and giving him increased offensive and defensive capabilities. He has also learned to use his chi abilities to heal himself, absorb energy and a variety of other applications.

It's worth noting that before his upgrade in the Immortal Iron Fist it was rather easy for Iron Fist to quickly drain himself through his chi usage; however, since his amp he's been able to maintain a stronger control without getting burnt out.

Energy Absorption

Feats here are to showcase his ability to absorb energy.

• Heroes for Hire V1 #3 - Absorbs a large explosive blast from Nitro -- is KO'd in the process.
  • Iron Fist V1 #7 - Absorbs magical attacks from Master Khan.
  • Marvel Team-Up V1 #64 - Absorbs his chi energies back from Davos, the Steel Serpent.
  • The Immortal Iron Fist #14 - Absorbs the electromagnetic energy from a train that had enough explosives to make Hiroshima seem like a sparkler, becoming a 'human bullet' and destroying the train in the process.

Now, onto energy blasts.

Energy Blasts

Feats here are to showcase his ability to project energy.

Now, onto healing.

Healing

Feats here are to showcase his ability to heal himself and others.

SELF HEALING

HEALING OTHERS

Now, onto the Iron Fist.

Iron Fist

Feats here are to showcase his damage output with the powers of the Iron Fist.

VERSUS INANIMATE OBJECTS

VERSUS LIVING THINGS

Now, onto the mind meld.

Mind Meld/Telepathy

Feats here are to showcase his mind meld technique.

Now, onto the misc. stuff.

Misc/Other

Feats here are to showcase misc. chi-related information.

Congratulations, you've read the RT!

Conclusion

This was a LOT of work and going through all of Iron Fist's appearances while also making sure I had proper story context was labor intensive. It'll be awhile before I tackle such a storied character for an RT like this again; however, I'm really proud of this thread.

Iron Fist has been a character I've used in debates ever since my first tournament here on CV (way back in 2013) so I'm happy to have finally done him justice with this RT. I hope it serves others as well as it's served me all these years.

As always -- if I missed anything, misrepresented something, or mislabeled something, let me know. It's not my intention to mislead anyone into thinking a character is better than they actually are.

Feel free to make suggestions for what RT to do next but just know I might take a bit of a break before I get into it -- making this one drained my chi reserves.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As someone who has done quite a lot of Iron Fist CaVs, neatly done. Looking forward to your next one.

Hyoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

nice

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Great work can you do Electro?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who has done quite a lot of Iron Fist CaVs, neatly done. Looking forward to your next one.

My this RT serve you well and if it's missing any important or noteworthy feats, let me know!

@hyoname said:

nice

Thanks!

Great work can you do Electro?

Perhaps! I'll probably be doing some lesser known/independent characters in the coming future, but I'll add it to the back burner.

Many thanks!

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: I would a couple of more 1v1 fights. His two fights with Daredevil, his two fights with Deadpool and his fights with The Cat.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: I would a couple of more 1v1 fights. His two fights with Daredevil, his two fights with Deadpool and his fights with The Cat.

You remember what issue numbers those were?

I'll gladly go collect the fights & add em' to the thread!

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers