Iron Fist on Netflix reviews... still hyped!?

• 78 results
sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

If this topic happen, sorry I could not find it.

Still hyped? Think the reviews are bullshit?

No Caption Provided

I mean, I read a lot of the negative comments. Seems Rotten Tomatoes is upset he is a white guy lol.

What do you think?

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If this topic happen, sorry I could not find it.

Still hyped? Think the reviews are bullshit?

No Caption Provided

I mean, I read a lot of the negative comments. Seems Rotten Tomatoes is upset he is a white guy lol.

What do you think?

That is just wrong ...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

That's only 14 people tho.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to watch it myself. Comic sites are saying you should watch it while others are saying it's bad. Discredit the reviews that single out the main actor because he's white and the show seems like it's pretty decent. I'm pretty hype

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@the_stegman said:

That's only 14 people tho.

Yup. There is also tons of youtube reviews saying the show is boring as shit and offensive from early views.

'Shrugs shoulders"

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still have expectations of it being entertaining and worth watching.

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly doubt that him being a white guy is the reason for all the criticisms. There are far more criticisms about the main actor (Finn Jones),pacing,action,storytelling.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Some stuff to form a opinion.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes, yes I am.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

@sirfizzwhizz: that's... Disheartening. I may actually skip it, or just wait awhile to watch. I haven't even finished Cage yet.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Still gonna watch it.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They only saw the first half of the season, so I have plenty of hope for this to be good. And since I'm not going into this pissed Danny isn't Asian, Ill probably like it more than most.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By uugieboogie

They only saw the first half of the season, so I have plenty of hope for this to be good. And since I'm not going into this pissed Danny isn't Asian, Ill probably like it more than most.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still find it crazy that people can't accept a white guy as a martial artist but want to stereotype an Asian in there

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Half of the reviews just bitch about stupid bullshit SJW crap like "Cultural appropriation" and complain that he's a white man, which are issues I really could care less about. I don't watch these shows because of them and the only potential issues I'm seeing are pacing, and maybe the fact Finn might not be the exact man to play Danny. Not to mention its only 6/13 episodes they've reviewed, and the rest of the season might pan out differently. I have 5 more days left to wait and see

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just give it a watch and form your own opinion.

The moment people start whining about a white character being white just stop regarding their opinion.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Critics' opinion mean jackshit when it comes to superhero properties. I'm still going to watch it.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll still watch it. Judging by the reviews, they're just annoyed that it's a slow burn, which I don't really mind. Not to mention that they didn't even watch half of the actual series, so they have no real idea if the last 7 are just balls to the wall action or not.

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super hyped!! My most anticipated anything this year.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hell's yeah. I would judge only after watching it myself. Plus let's face it, some of the reviews were less about the quality and more about their beef with race

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. The only criticism aside from "hurr durr he's white and not asian" is that there wasn't enough action and too much business-related content, but remember it's only the first 6 episodes, so it may just be that it's slow to start out.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

Wasn't very hyped to begin with, but now I wanna see it, proof that marvel can screw it too

weavile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not, I mean the two negative reasons are race and pacing. Race is SJW bullshit. And about pacing: this is only 6 episodes; Matt, Luke and Jess are familiar with the city while Danny hasn't been there for 10+years, you can't expect that there aren't few episodes of him learning around.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still gonna watch it, my time ain't so precious so that I cannot waste a few hours lol, If I don't like I will just drop it and that's it.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

I don't like the guy who plays Iron Fist. Also the lead women can't act for shi*

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's really fair to say reviews are bullshit when they're a random assortment of opinions that happen to fall into one direction or the other. I'm less hyped for the show but I still plan on watching day one. It's worth noting that anyone that's writing off the reviews as being politically correct SJW stuff is seriously overlooking the generic origin stuff with Danny Rand as a character and that there's a lot of complaints for Finn Jones in the role and the action choreography, which is sad. I'm a fan of Iron Fist as a character, and I do think they should've took a different approach to this one.

samconery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will wait a bit more after more episodes before jumping to conclusions

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lower expectations.

But I will still watch it.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"muh white male" "muh oppression" "muh gender studies"

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I don't think this is a dupe. That thread discusses the show's standing with the critics while this one just asks if you are still going to watch it despite bad reviews

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hyped because I wanted a Marvel series with actual supowerpowers and fantasy,but looks like they tried to turn Iron fist into another regular human.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I don't think this is a dupe. That thread discusses the show's standing with the critics while this one just asks if you are still going to watch it despite bad reviews

@foxerdes said:

@asgaard: It's different thread.

Fair enough... The link to the other thread still can show more reviews, by yes, poor interpretation from my part...

Sorry for the (unnecessary) tag @wildvine:...

lestrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still am going to watch it but it has to be really good to wash the sour taste luke cage left me.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. I am still very excited for Iron Fist.

I don't often let reviews guide what I watch. If something looks good, I'll watch it, despite what critics have to say.

By the way, are they really upset that Iron Fist isn't Asian? I mean, I know that there was a flood of internet trolls demanding an Asian Iron Fist (despite the fact that he's always been white), but are even the critics doing that now?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

I was hyped because I wanted a Marvel series with actual supowerpowers and fantasy,but looks like they tried to turn Iron fist into another regular human.

I recently saw an interview where Finn Jones said that the real mystical stuff starts happening around episode 8, so reviewers haven't seen a lot from that side of the character yet. So like Daredevil Season 2 it sounds like the more mystical revelations and stuff about K'un-Lun/Hand/Etc will happen during the 2nd half and the more business corporation and intro to the characters is all the first half.

By the way, are they really upset that Iron Fist isn't Asian? I mean, I know that there was a flood of internet trolls demanding an Asian Iron Fist (despite the fact that he's always been white), but are even the critics doing that now?

Yup. Just read some of the reviews they're major talking points for a lot of them Hollywood Reporter even has a link to another one of their articles inside their review.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Is Iron fist white in the comics? (i dont read danny comics)

Why are people bitching over him being white...

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

@asgaard: By the way. Have you seen it already? What would be your personal spoiler free opinion?

It is only released (worldwide) on march 17th... I did not watch it... But i think this reviews are too much focused on non fictional content, to be fair i also thought that about Gods of Egypt first reviews (more like RT really low score), but the movie end up to be really bad and on par with RT score, but not sure if the same will happen when i watch Iron Fist... Because Tv critics also seem to be a lot more amateur than movie critics...

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I didn't think Luke Cage or Jessica Jones were good at all. Maybe it took a character the GA wasn't hyped about at all to show that.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster said:

Yup. Just read some of the reviews they're major talking points for a lot of them Hollywood Reporter even has a link to another one of their articles inside their review.

No Caption Provided

My point was that the internet will always find something to complain about. If they can't complain about "whitewashing", they'll complain about stereotypes.

Don't believe me. Here are two links explaining how Daredevil's treatment of Asians was racist.

https://thenerdsofcolor.org/2015/04/30/black-mask-yellow-peril-anti-asianism-in-netflixs-otherwise-brilliant-daredevil/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/01/not-your-asian-ninja-how-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-keeps-failing-asian-americans.html

Like I said, the internet will always find something to complain about.

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DanMarshall

I'll still watch a few episodes at least, I don't trust any of these places for reviews source fed just seems fake as hell, IGN has changed "their opinions" on stuff after other places had differing opinions or as time has gone on and people stop paying attention, and as for rotten tomatoes and other places like it they mean absolutely nothing to me.

Im guessing I wont be into Iron Fist though I don't really care about him never have except in the Maximum Carnage game much like Luke Cage and I found Luke Cage extremely boring so much so I didnt bother with finishing it but not from the lack of trying.

Also hasn't Iron Fist been white from the beginning? What are these jackasses whining about?

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By arkbound

@mrmonster: have you actually gone through and looked at the RT reviews tho? Most of them arent actually about "whitewashing" but the actor himself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would Iron Fist be Asian though? That is actually kinda racist.

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Don't you know? Only certain ethnicities are allowed to do certain things like martial arts, have a glowing hand, a dragon tattoo on their torsos, and be super rich all at the same time.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope this doesn't fail because I might be the minority but the MCU netlfix defenders line-up is overall just plain boring 3/4 characters they have chosen are some of the most boring superheroes ever (Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage) , and I thought they might make Iron Fist somewhat entertaining b/c I couldn't even get through Luke cage and Jessica Jones fully

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danmarshall: And know kung fu. He has to be Chinese. I see the light now!