Injustice 2 - Official teaser

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By stormshadow_x

Official Press Release (Thanks @Black_Arrow)

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES INJUSTICE 2

Build the Ultimate Version of Your Favorite DC Characters

in the Super-Powered Sequel to NetherRealm Studios’ Injustice: Gods Among Us

Burbank, Calif. - June 8, 2016 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Injustice 2, the super-powered sequel to the hit game Injustice: Gods Among Us. The newest game in development from the award-winning NetherRealm Studios features a massive roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains and allows players to build and power up the ultimate version of their favorite DC characters. Injustice 2 will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One in 2017.

The official Injustice 2 trailer can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/hX0WA6yIZ7I

“In Injustice 2, we are introducing new features that will change the way fans play fighting games,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We’re always interested in pushing the genre forward and allowing players to customize and level-up their favorite DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains is a significant leap.”

“Expanding the DC Universe in games continues to be one of our top priorities, and Injustice 2 showcases amazing gameplay and an original story to bring the characters to life for players,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is offering fans an experience of customizing and battling with DC’s iconic characters in an entirely new way.”

Injustice 2 offers the latest DC fighting game experience that expands on the previous title’s larger-than-life showdowns. Every battle defines you in a game where players personalize iconic DC characters with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. For the first time gamers can take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes.

Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk. Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Atlantis.

To celebrate the announcement of Injustice 2, fans who have downloaded the hugely successful Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game can unlock the Injustice 2 versions of Superman and Aquaman through the in-game Challenge Modes. Released in 2013 and developed from the ground up by NetherRealm Studios, the Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game is available as a free download on the App Store and Google Play.

For more information or to join the Injustice 2 conversation, visit www.injustice.com or find us @injusticegame on Facebook and Twitter.

Thoughts? looks weird but interesting with the armor and all.

Confirmed New Characters -

• Supergirl
  • Gorrila Grodd
  • Atrocitus
Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It looks like evolving will be the gimmicky here.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like trash tbh. Supergirl confirmed before GL and WW. And Batman back at it again with the OPness.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like trash tbh. Supergirl confirmed before GL and WW. And Batman back at it again with the OPness.

Why Confirm GL and WW? They pretty much set to appear there standard DC character for game like this.

It looks like evolving will be the gimmicky here.

Yeah, I hope it looks better once we see more

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Batman refuses to job to Aquaman...

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you really think that WW and GL won't be on this? Supergirl was a character that wasn't in other game, so they are showing that there will be new characters. It's a fighting game, all of the characters should have an equal fighting chance, besides they already explain it in canon with the pill that gives you powers. You probably would be mad to know that in the Injustice comics Batman recently beat up Superman H2H.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mfundroid

I take what I can get. It looks cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to buy a PS4 . . .

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zaied

I wonder if the armors will play a similar role to the variations in MKX.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I hope this isn't a direct sequel to the last game and is instead a War World story.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Day one buy for me even though I'm trash at fighting games.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Day one buy for me even though I'm trash at fighting games.

Aren't we all.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mfundroid

Isn't it odd how Supergirl came out nowhere when we were all expecting Wonder Woman? I think it's a smart move considering how Supergirl's popularity has shot up.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ready_4_Madness
Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody should make an official discussion thread for all updates, character reveals, game info etc. it could also be a good place for people getting the game to share info so we can play when the game comes out.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 97

@stormshadow_x: i only mentioned it because it surprised me.

GL wasnt confirmed at the beginning in the first game either, one will be shown later on, im sure of it.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

Somebody should make an official discussion thread for all updates, character reveals, game info etc. it could also be a good place for people getting the game to share info so we can play when the game comes out.

Support this idea for not only this game but all game comic book game sin the future.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Why would Superman need armor???????

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By stormshadow_x

@petey_is_spidey said:

Same reason Flash took that beatdown from Supes....Game Logic. (IDC I still think the Pill think while a good way to explain stuff that they don't have too is rather stupid)

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is the official Press release:

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES INJUSTICE 2

Build the Ultimate Version of Your Favorite DC Characters

in the Super-Powered Sequel to NetherRealm Studios’ Injustice: Gods Among Us

Burbank, Calif. - June 8, 2016 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Injustice 2, the super-powered sequel to the hit game Injustice: Gods Among Us. The newest game in development from the award-winning NetherRealm Studios features a massive roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains and allows players to build and power up the ultimate version of their favorite DC characters. Injustice 2 will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One in 2017.

The official Injustice 2 trailer can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/hX0WA6yIZ7I

“In Injustice 2, we are introducing new features that will change the way fans play fighting games,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We’re always interested in pushing the genre forward and allowing players to customize and level-up their favorite DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains is a significant leap.”

“Expanding the DC Universe in games continues to be one of our top priorities, and Injustice 2 showcases amazing gameplay and an original story to bring the characters to life for players,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is offering fans an experience of customizing and battling with DC’s iconic characters in an entirely new way.”

Injustice 2 offers the latest DC fighting game experience that expands on the previous title’s larger-than-life showdowns. Every battle defines you in a game where players personalize iconic DC characters with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. For the first time gamers can take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes.

Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk. Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Atlantis.

To celebrate the announcement of Injustice 2, fans who have downloaded the hugely successful Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game can unlock the Injustice 2 versions of Superman and Aquaman through the in-game Challenge Modes. Released in 2013 and developed from the ground up by NetherRealm Studios, the Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game is available as a free download on the App Store and Google Play.

For more information or to join the Injustice 2 conversation, visit www.injustice.com or find us @injusticegame on Facebook and Twitter.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness said:

@stormshadow_x: i only mentioned it because it surprised me.

GL wasnt confirmed at the beginning in the first game either, one will be shown later on, im sure of it.

I'm fairly sure in all games that include the DC Universe in general and not just one character (EX- Arkham games) will always have The Trinity along with Hal and Barry

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grodd Confirmed that's awesome. The customization system might be insteresting.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hate Injustice costumes. It's good that they at least give different ones.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Sounds interesting but Grodd? psshh Atrocitus is the real news in that article.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By righteous300

@black_arrow: Eww sounds like a way to put in Microtransactions. Hopefully it doesn't become Pay to Win.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atrocitus and Grood confirmed... YAAAASSSSSSSS!

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@petey_is_spidey said:

Same reason Flash took that beatdown from Supes....Game Logic. (IDC I still think the Pill think while a good way to explain stuff that they don't have too is rather stupid)

Oh yeah. Doesn't that like give them ALL Superhuman abilities?