Infinity War: How Would Hulk Have Been Written in the Battle of Wakanda?

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SupremeGeneration
No Caption Provided

It's not secret by now that Hulk was utterly useless in Infinity War. From getting utterly destroyed by the Mad Titan to failing to pop up on two separate occasions when a gamma-powered brute would have been useful, the audience is left to wonder... would he actually have been useful? Now I ask you, how would the Hulk have been written in the Battle of Wakanda? Assume the following applies:

• The Hulk breaks out of the Hulkbuster when the Hulkbuster falls to the Outriders, right before Thor arrives.
  • In this hypothetical, assume Thor arrives two minutes later than he does in the movie.

I had this conversation on Discord and maybe two people took it seriously. My personal thoughts:

I think they'd have written him to temporarily give the heroes an advantage with thunderclaps, then when we see everyone start to get overwhelmed, he's the only one not getting overwhelmed. Like he'd be slaughtering Outriders left and right, everyone around him is getting overwhelmed, Thor lands and Hulk is the only one who doesn't need saving.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bait...

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it is clear by now that Infinity War is only one-part of a Infinity War saga two-parter.

Hulk is most likely going to have a bigger role in the 2nd part.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right after he defeated Cull I would have had a quasi funny moment of a drop ship falling on him. Right after we see him jump through it and then right when the avengers think hes going to help... he leaps away off into the distance.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They REALLY need to redeem him

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@germanx said:

I think it is clear by now that Infinity War is only one-part of a Infinity War saga two-parter.

Hulk is most likely going to have a bigger role in the 2nd part.

They REALLY need to redeem him

Right, right, but on-topic, how do you think he'd have done in the Battle of Wakanda?

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously he'd have started to tear the army apart but he wasn't written that way because of the reasons other people have already mentioned.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A legit, well choreographed smashdown with Black Dwarf could suffice. But I guess that was too sophisticated.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sorta miss the way Hulk was treated in his solo and Avengers. He was feared and that was cool.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Not much would change. Everyone was getting overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of the Outriders, the Hulk would just get knocked down just like the Hulkbuster, who for the record is his physical peer.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Epicyon

@anthp2000: You are insanely ignorant so gtfo. For starters Hulkbuster ain't shit compared to the Hulk, it wasn't then and it definitely wouldn't be after Sakaar. Tony needed a makeshift satellite to constantly replace parts against Hulk as it got trashed and was just barely holding it's own, calling for Tony to take drastic measures by crashing Hulk through a skyscraper that did nothing until Hulk snapped out of Scarlet Witch's mind control and calmed down.

Hulk can't be knocked down by outriders, he's much more balanced and rooted than a hunk of metal that is also being piloted by silly ol Bruce. Even if they did Outriders would do nothing but tickle Hulk as they tried to swarm him, unless you are unintelligent enough to argue they are as strong as Fenris and Abomination who are 100+ tonners and only known characters shown actually beating up Hulk. Then there is the fact that Hulk can heal even if they did magically pierce his skin.

Bottom line. Hulk would trash Thanos' army, the only threat to him would be Cull Obsidian, who would eventually lose. Know something.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By phillip33

@anthp2000: ehh I’d disagree. I think the hulk has much better dexterity and would have a much easier time picking individual outriders off of his body, as opposed to the hulkbuster who was pretty much screwed as soon as he was put on his back.

That and it doesn’t take a learning curve For the hulk to take control of his limbs while controlling the hulkbuster does.

I think he would have pretty much ran through the outriders, and it would have been cool to see a legit throwdown like he had with abomination in the hulk stand-alone with black dwarf. He wouldn’t be able to focus on saving the rest of the avengers though, making thors arrival a necessity still.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Hulk's time will come

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not much would change. Everyone was getting overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of the Outriders, the Hulk would just get knocked down just like the Hulkbuster, who for the record is his physical peer.

Hmm, tbh, in Infinity War itself we have reason to assume thats not the case, at least when piloted by Banner.

War machine's armor has, for the most part, always been inferior to Tony's latest, and Tony knew he couldn't take on Hulk without Veronica.

However, during the battle in Wakanda, War Machine was the best performing Avenger after Thor, and Banner did close to nothing but "tank" a couple outriders.

Veronica(Mk45(Tony)) >> Regular Tony > Regular WM >>>> Veronica(Banner)

So, maybe its just banner doesn't know how to use it, or perhaps being that Veronica was designed to be worn on top of another armor, means that without one its true power doesn't come forth (or smthg like that)

dirtytree332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would manage to slaughter many of the Outriders and prove a great asset against the remaining members of the Black Order.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would have been better if Hulk popped out after Stormbreaker returned to Thor. Then Hulk could have grabbed Thor and thrown him to the ground.

He'd then fight Cull and overcome him with raw strength. The fight would probably destroy part of a cliff.

In the Thanos scene, Hulk would probably get in while Wanda was destroying the Mind Stone and fighting Thanos simultaneously, and get put down in orderly fashion.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would have been better if Hulk popped out after Stormbreaker returned to Thor. Then Hulk could have grabbed Thor and thrown him to the ground.

He'd then fight Cull and overcome him with raw strength. The fight would probably destroy part of a cliff.

In the Thanos scene, Hulk would probably get in while Wanda was destroying the Mind Stone and fighting Thanos simultaneously, and get put down in orderly fashion.

could have just said fastball special.