• 120 results
Posted by SireMystKing52 (27 posts) 1 month, 18 days ago

Poll: In your opinion, is Dany justified to become the "Mad Queen" and burn down KL to win the throne? (62 votes)

Yes. Dany has lost too much listening to her "advisers" and other people that didn't begin her journey with her. She needs to go with her instinct and do whatever is needed to end this war. 27%
No. Dany needs to be patient and trust in her advisers and/or Jon to win this war. 39%
Dany needs to just burn everyone and end the show flying off into the sunset on Drogon with the Westerosi crown, that Starbucks drink from yesterday's episode, and "Here Comes the Sun" playing in the background. 18%
She should just burn the throne and leave Westeros. It's done nothing but ruin her. 16%

This is a poll to just gauge people's opinions after last night and just everything Dany has been through (as well as a mini-rant). Dany literally came from nothing, a true rags to riches story, to being the queen she is today. We've all seen her amazing journey and, whether you love or hate her, how she has grown for better or worse. Now after losing 2 of her babies and approximately 2/3 of her army (1 of her babies to a war she didn't immediately have to fight), her best friend and true adviser, her mentor and father figure/personal guard, the trust and loyalty of her "lover", the loyalty of her current "advisers", and her tacitcal advantage, what do you feel she should do next?

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#1 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

The writing this season is so childish its crazy... Dany will sack kingslanding becoming a mad queen and she will be killed by Arya who everyone think will kill Cersei because "green eyes" when Dany has green eyes, Jaime will kill Cersei Jon ends up on the Iron Throne golden company will turn on Cersei

#2 Posted by TobyMaguire (811 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the writing has gone down since season 7. It feels like reading fan fiction. I am just watching to see how bad it can get. Also violence, gore and nudity seem to extremely reduced in this season😤

#3 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly she needs to die. She's ignoring good advice and now with her friends/best advisors dead she's probably gonna go off the rails. I can tell she's panicking about Jon and his new birthright which makes her all the more dangerous.

#4 Posted by SireMystKing52 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. It feels like Game of Thrones: the fanservice Season. I ended up hating every other character besides her, than hating her like they intended.

#5 Posted by TheVVitchKing (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#6 Edited by adamTRMM (9363 posts) - - Show Bio

So we reached the point where pleasing everyone is impossible and thus 'ugh these series sucks now' is the new theme. I thought the episode is the best one so far. It has questionable moments, it has plot convinience, but it was always there. All in all this episode is the GoT I waited for.

#7 Edited by GateOfBabylon (4605 posts) - - Show Bio

Amongst all the things people claim GOT has been failing at in recent seasons, Dany's character development was not one of them.

They've set her up to become the Mad Queen perfectly.

(Episode 4 spoilers below)

The death of Missandei will push her over the edge. People like Varys will turn on her and possibly die doing so.

I'm hyped for the last two episodes. I hope they don't disappoint.

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (17776 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

So we reached the point where pleasing everyone is impossible and thus 'ugh these series sucks now' is the new theme. I thought the episode is the best one so far. It has questionable moments, it has plot convinience, but it was always there. All in all this episode is the GoT I waited for.

It does tho.

#9 Edited by foxerdes (10337 posts) - - Show Bio

The writing has been really disappointing lately. Fan fiction-esque even. I hope that fat-man has something good up his sleeve because the show just can't handle the plotline without the source material to lean on.

#10 Posted by adamTRMM (9363 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ThorofAsgard (481 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: what makes it seem like fan fiction?

#12 Posted by Richubs (5926 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this Season sucks.

But then whenever a season of any TV series comes out people call it trash.

Anyways, I think this will push Dany over the edge. Death of Missandei pretty much did it.

However, I think Jon will somehow calm her down. Also Cersie is gonna die a brutal death in the next 2 episodes. Probably the next episode.

I don't think Arya will kill Cersie because she already had her moment with the Night King.

Who knows who it will be. Would be cool if Jamie is the one who kills Cersie.

#13 Posted by cattlebattle (17776 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@cattlebattle:

Does it really?

It does. The thing that mainly disappoints the fans is how the show used to be really steeped in political intrigue and anti fantasy tropes, most of which seems to have gone out the window and the show is more or less a slightly edgier Marvel film now.

#14 Posted by foxerdes (10337 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorofasgard: Way too many fan service interactions for my liking. Everything being garbled because of the 6-episode limit. Mediocre writing and some cheesy scenes.

That's my opinion tho.

#15 Edited by Mekboy (2754 posts) - - Show Bio

She needs to die.

#16 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#17 Posted by RBT (29316 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read fanfiction with better writing than this episode.

#18 Posted by phillip33 (4482 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by adamTRMM (9363 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

But then whenever a season of any TV series comes out people call it trash.

This exactly. I'm hearing that about GoT since season 5 so it just keeps me amused now.

It does. The thing that mainly disappoints the fans is how the show used to be really steeped in political intrigue and anti fantasy tropes, most of which seems to have gone out the window and the show is more or less a slightly edgier Marvel film now.

And the recent episode gave us exactly that. I don't know what anti-fantasy means so no comments there. The previous season might've been a bit safe even though I'd say the death of a dragon was actually pretty impactful, BOTH times, but between being despondent and being triumphant, there's still uncertainty when it comes to end result which is mostly what it is about. The dialogues aren't as great, I can agree on that though...

#20 Posted by RBT (29316 posts) - - Show Bio

This episode was the worst rated episode in the Game of Thrones history on IMDb. Not a single episode of Game of Thrones had ever gotten an average rating of less than 8. The last episode was rated at 7.4.

Imagine coming all the way to the end with near damn perfect plot and writing and then butchering one of the main characters with such terrible writing.

No Caption Provided

I hope it goes down further. A 6 in front of it is deserving. Of course, it's not going to affect Dan and David. They already made their money and everyone, including me, is going to watch the rest two episodes, even if I'd end hating every moment of it. But they need to know they screwed up. They screwed up the ending of the biggest and most popular TV show of the all time.

#21 Posted by FaradaySloth (10742 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope The Iron Throne is destroyed with no winner in the end.

#22 Posted by cattlebattle (17776 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

And the recent episode gave us exactly that.

It didn't. It just gave us a bunch of people acting like weird, jealous children.

@adamtrmm said:

I don't know what anti-fantasy means so no comments there.

It means it goes against things commonly seen in fantasy, like characters used to just die from infection and bleeding out after sword battles, Ned Stark was crippled and walked with a limp after just being stabbed in the first season. Now characters are just apparently invincible and do show any signs of fatigue or injury after battles.
@adamtrmm said:

The previous season might've been a bit safe even though I'd say the death of a dragon was actually pretty impactful, BOTH times, but between being despondent and being triumphant, there's still uncertainty when it comes to end result which is mostly what it is about. The dialogues aren't as great, I can agree on that though...

The dragons were killed in real farcical ways though. Like why were dragons the scourge of the west for so long and how did Danaerys's ancestors basically rule the country if you can take the dragons out with just large projectile weapons?? Nobody has ever thought of just building large crossbows before??

#23 Posted by adamTRMM (9363 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle:

It didn't. It just gave us a bunch of people acting like weird, jealous children.

Could've said that about most of them since S1.

It means it goes against things commonly seen in fantasy, like characters used to just die from infection and bleeding out after sword battles, Ned Stark was crippled and walked with a limp after just being stabbed in the first season. Now characters are just apparently invincible and do show any signs of fatigue or injury after battles.

The themes have become too big for these little nice things. There was always plot convenience in there. It would be funny if the climax has Jon Snow fall from the stairs and break his neck. That would be totally anti fantasy too. People would adore this for sure.

The dragons were killed in real farcical ways though. Like why were dragons the scourge of the west for so long and how did Danaerys's ancestors basically rule the country if you can take the dragons out with just large projectile weapons?? Nobody has ever thought of just building large crossbows before??

Yeah, there was that time they were considered extinct. Why was that exactly?

#24 Posted by Mister_Stark (1532 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Mister_Stark (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: it's possible both Danny and Cersei are crap leaders.

#26 Posted by Amcu (17070 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#27 Posted by Mister_Stark (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Also the Dragons where a lot bigger back then I believe the OG Aegon had a dragon 4x Drogon in size.

#28 Posted by Mutant1230 (6815 posts) - - Show Bio

I try to respect people's opinions, but it genuinely amazes me that some people actually think Episode 4 was well written and this is the series they always wanted.

Like really? Can someone please explain to me the logic behind such feelings, if there are any. lol

#29 Edited by destinyman75 (15222 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate what there doing to Danny. Being sold to Drogo she made the best of it, and used it to her keep her dream if retaining the Iron Throne Alive...After losing both him and her son she went into the fire and got her dragons. She freed millions of slaves including her army (unsullied) Made slavers bay into dragons bay. United the ALL of the Dorthraki they sailed for her. Then went to westerose didn't know Jon but learned about him had the foresight to trust him and her advisors (shouldn't have). Risked her live multiple times saved Jon many times and the north losing her beloved Jora, and most of her army. Was treated like dirt by the nothing depsite savings there ungrateful arses (hate Sansa). Learned that her life was a lie and that her love Jon was of her own blood. That her claim wasn't as good as she was taught from birth. Has her whole world ripped away, looses her second dragon/child and best friend Messende.....and she doesn't deserve it??????? HELL YES SHE DESERVES IT!!!! FAR MORE THEN JON WHI DON'T EVEN WANT IT...

Now she's being betrayed for stupid reasons. Yeah vars serves the realm but after watching another child die he is far to quick to switch sides she has reason to be angry...she's not perfect but far better then cersi and she's earned it...She should have listened to Olena and been a dragon she'd already be Queen

#30 Posted by Mister_Stark (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: I wouldn't say she deserves it more than Jon. You also left out the parts where she refuses to listen to people and burns people to death for not bending the knee. Even Cersei has shown mercy multiple times.

#31 Posted by Tomkatie (3419 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Ned Stark guy will win the Iron Throne

#32 Edited by destinyman75 (15222 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_stark: She also has show mercy. She showed mercy to Varys when he sent assassins to kill her on Roberts orders. She listened to Jora and spared Yunki when Dario was going to go take the city back and kill the Masters. She listened to Tyrion about not burning down the red keep off the bat. She listened to Message and Barriston. She listened Jora about Getting an unsullied army.. She even married someone she hated and allowed the fighting pits to be reopened when she was against it...SO WHEN DID SHE NOT LISTEN AGAIN??? LOL Also to note Everytime she listened it went badly for her. So why is burning people Givien a choice who are enemies during a time of war such a bad thing again? The one person she should HAVE listend to was Olena she's be ruling westerose already...She has heard more often then not. One out of three and she's suddenly isn't awesome anymore??? I'm not judging her yet like most who are too quick too

#33 Posted by FaradaySloth (10742 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomkatie said:

I think that Ned Stark guy will win the Iron Throne

Nah, it has to be that one dude, what was his name? Ah, Robert Baratheon.

#34 Posted by FaradaySloth (10742 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#35 Edited by cattlebattle (17776 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

Could've said that about most of them since S1.

No. The first seasons were about things like honor, morality, and duty and how they get you killed.

@adamtrmm said:

The themes have become too big for these little nice things. There was always plot convenience in there. It would be funny if the climax has Jon Snow fall from the stairs and break his neck. That would be totally anti fantasy too. People would adore this for sure.

The themes have become too big for interesting and consistent writing as well apparently.

@adamtrmm said:

??

Yeah, there was that time they were considered extinct. Why was that exactly?

They went extinct due to poor breeding and domestication I believe.

#36 Posted by BladeOfFury (3312 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: The very idea of sending tens of thousands of rapists into the country she supposedly loves, just to get power for herself is selfish and evil. She wanted to do it since season 1...

#37 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2155 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, I thought last nights episode was pretty bad. In fact, this entire season so far has been disappointing. Even the Battle of Winterfall episode fell short IMO.

#38 Posted by Mister_Stark (1532 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by kgb725 (19571 posts) - - Show Bio

Amongst all the things people claim GOT has been failing at in recent seasons, Dany's character development was not one of them.

They've set her up to become the Mad Queen perfectly.

(Episode 4 spoilers below)

The death of Missandei will push her over the edge. People like Varys will turn on her and possibly die doing so.

I'm hyped for the last two episodes. I hope they don't disappoint.

She had that vision way back in like S1 where she doesnt choose the throne and goes to her family. I dont think her becoming mad is guaranteed

#40 Posted by theacidskull (22027 posts) - - Show Bio

The writing this season is so childish its crazy... Dany will sack kingslanding becoming a mad queen and she will be killed by Arya who everyone think will kill Cersei because "green eyes" when Dany has green eyes, Jaime will kill Cersei Jon ends up on the Iron Throne golden company will turn on Cersei

I've been thinking about this, and is that line from the book? The "green/blue eyes" and all that? Because I think Dany has purple eyes in the book series.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#41 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Yeah she has purple eyes in the books but emilia clarke has green eyes at least to me so strictly speaking in the show

#42 Posted by JohnCena69swag (4043 posts) - - Show Bio

I really dont like this whole mad queen narrative they are trying to push. She really isnt that brutal. People just really want her to turn bad because of her father. Give her a different name and no one would ever bring it up.

Also wtf is up with nobody being grateful for her saving them from the army of the dead? Especially Varys. Remember when he saved Tyrion because he would never forget how Tyrion saved everyone at the Blackwater? Well apparently D&D forgot because this is almost the exact same scenario, maybe a bit more extreme, and he seemed to forget literally one episode later.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#43 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12148 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the 4th episode tho..

#44 Edited by destinyman75 (15222 posts) - - Show Bio

@johncena69swag: Totally agree folks are being ungrateful after all she lost to help them she's gotten nothing but crap for saving them.

#45 Edited by destinyman75 (15222 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury: Rapists? What are you talking about?? The Dorthraki?? She wouldn't not them so that she changed them just as she did the Iron born. She was told her whole life she was meant to rule and that her family was betrayed and murdered which they were. Then she goes through everything she did only to be better and treated like crap after saving them?? I'd burn them all myself ungrateful wretches that they are. Less schemers is a good thing. But do t matter hell Sansa has betrayed Jon of all people while swearing an oath in a sacred place she's not trustworthy she's become Little finger... She's causing chaos (chaos is a ladder) how many will die because of her selfsiish ways yet to come? Jon don't want the Throne and he don't play the game of thrones, anyone Good Will eat him alive in Kings landing if he were to become king. He'd be killed like Need Stark, they don't know the game and what it entails. In order to rule you either play the game or die....

Cersi and co that's evil... Evil don't free slaves, loose children to fight in someone else's war, Evil don't love like that either...

#46 Posted by destinyman75 (15222 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: That's cute pic there did you forget she's lost more then anyone else? Her entire family, Assassins, sold, brutalized, First time??? She went through most of that before sanasa even knew what it was..

#47 Posted by FaradaySloth (10742 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: Lol gotta love defenders to the end.

No, she never felt the loss of losing her family, she didn't grow up with one, to begin with. All she ever had was Viserys.

Lmao Bran had assassins too bud, and he was paralyzed, little boy. "ohmagawd Dany rightfully has assassins coming after her"

Brutalized? Theon easily takes the cake. A whole year of gruesome torture tops whatever Dany has experienced.

Sansa also got raped (sorry for the language) for her first time, only thing is that was with a sadist who did it on purpose to torture both Sansa and Theon. But Dany loved Drogo, Daario, and Jon since then.

Yeah, I feel sad for Dany, but that doesn't mean I'm going to bend backward and say "Yes Dany Queen! Kill thousands of innocents because your friend died in Game of Thrones!"

#48 Posted by buildhare (8759 posts) - - Show Bio

Only reason she's in this mess is because she's listened to Tyrion's shit tier ideas. Burn them all.

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
#49 Posted by Captain_Narlowe (155 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by MetalJimmor (6579 posts) - - Show Bio

There are not many circumstances where the murder of thousands of innocent people is justifiable. This is not one of those times.