in the mcu why didn't nick fury just page captain marvel at the start of infinity war?

greenroost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

in the mcu why didn't nick fury just page captain marvel at the start of infinity war?

yZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because there was no emergency that called for it.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

One space ship showed up then left. It returned over Wakanda where the heroes were holding their own. If Fury didn’t call for CM when New York was first invaded, why would he call when Thanos’s invasion was so much smaller? He called when normal people all around him started to disappear right before his eyes. Knowing how little he knew at the time, you could say he panicked. He was in control, in charge during the first invasion. I don’t believe he was as centrally involved with the Thanos invasion, so when things started to go south real fast he hit the button.

greenroost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yzone said:

Because there was no emergency that called for it.

ok

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One space ship showed up then left. It returned over Wakanda where the heroes were holding their own. If Fury didn’t call for CM when New York was first invaded, why would he call when Thanos’s invasion was so much smaller? He called when normal people all around him started to disappear right before his eyes. Knowing how little he knew at the time, you could say he panicked. He was in control, in charge during the first invasion. I don’t believe he was as centrally involved with the Thanos invasion, so when things started to go south real fast he hit the button.

Good answer and I agree with this. I would also add that with New York, there was a back up plan to nuke NYC in case the Avengers failed, which would have possibly defeated the alien invasion. With IW, with people disappearing how do you know who to attack or the source of the vanishing people? I think that is one of the reasons why he called her because he knew this was something even the Avengers probably couldn't stop on their own.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Maybe he did and she was busy or out of range...the more important question is why didn’t Fury use his intangible assassin or redeploy the remaining agents of shield. Also why didn’t Fury get involved in Civil War?

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Penguin-Dust said:

Good answer and I agree with this. I would also add that with New York, there was a back up plan to nuke NYC in case the Avengers failed, which would have possibly defeated the alien invasion. With IW, with people disappearing how do you know who to attack or the source of the vanishing people? I think that is one of the reasons why he called her because he knew this was something even the Avengers probably couldn't stop on their own.

No Caption Provided

CALL CAPTAIN MARVEL OR NUKE NY (MILLIONS OF CITIZEN ,PROLLY MOST IMPORTANT CITY IN THE WORLD)

No Caption Provided

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Thorthunder98

He probably thought the Avengers had it under control as we saw he was monitoring the situation with Hill but when everyone started disappearing he probably assumed the Avengers lost.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Maybe the pager just did not really work after all those years until the Avengers did what they were doing with it and Fury did call her at every turn. Only explanation I find for why that thing wasn't a factor yet. He just tried to do it again as one last ditch effort.