If you could re-write a characters origin, who would it be and why?

• 58 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I personally don't have a character in mind, so i'd like to see what the community has to say.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd make Batman an African American framed convict who gains his fortune by becoming the world's greatest wrestler instead of from his family.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Juggernaut. I'd simply make him another mutant, I'd completely erase the mystical gem nonsense. Also, I'd erase the fact that he's Xavier's brother.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It depends on how much I'm allowed to change. For example, I have an idea for an alternate universe where Spider-Man told Aunt May (and maybe Uncle Ben, haven't fully decided whether or not this would be before or after his death) about his abilities and decided to join the Xavier School. But that obviously wouldn't work in the main universe.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Tim Drake.

One word. Asian

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Juggernaut. I'd simply make him another mutant, I'd completely erase the mystical gem nonsense. Also, I'd erase the fact that he's Xavier's brother.

I love this. Juggernaut really doesn't need to have such a complex role in the X-Men mythos. He's Magneto's super strong bodyguard in the Brotherhood. Less is more, especially since those other parts of his character and almost never explored or fleshed out.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rewrite Cap's, make him a nazi for the lols.

Oh wait...

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yassassin

Batman. Bane. Brothers.

Why is that not canon? C'mon, Rebirth, make it happen.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd make Batman an African American framed convict who gains his fortune by becoming the world's greatest wrestler instead of from his family.

No Caption Provided

Bardockdiaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on how much I'm allowed to change. For example, I have an idea for an alternate universe where Inertia becomes an anti-hero THEN is hunted for 5 years by all the Cobalt Blues.....with Malcolm's increasingly depraved schemes eventually leading him to steal Zooms powers using the blue flame in a desperate bid to save the Flash Family,going (even more) insane in the process.But that obviously wouldn't work in the main universe.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would re-write Galactus to have some connection to the Celestials. They look and behave too similarly to be unrelated.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would re-write Wonder Man/Simon Willians.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would rewrite the Hulk. Banner gained "Hulk" throug gamma mutation isn't he? Well in my version Hulk would be a cookie that Banner ate. Just kidding

Avatar image for don_higashikata
Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@nickzambuto said:

No Caption Provided

I didn't, what's that from?

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster said:

I love this. Juggernaut really doesn't need to have such a complex role in the X-Men mythos. He's Magneto's super strong bodyguard in the Brotherhood. Less is more, especially since those other parts of his character and almost never explored or fleshed out.

I enjoy Juggernaut's powers heaving a magical origin. It makes more sense in my head, if not I would wonder how a "mutated gen" could make flesh and bone so damn invulnerable and unestopable.

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
theawesomeflashsandiego32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could anyone make an alternate origin for Barry Allen or Wally West?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: A mutated gene allows Storm to control the weather. Juggernaut having superhuman strength and durability wouldn't be the craziest thing.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: A mutated gene allows Storm to control the weather. Juggernaut having superhuman strength and durability wouldn't be the craziest thing.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

Yeah I know... And Iceman can exist in a molecule of water, and Magneto can lift the Golden Gate Bridge. I knew someone would call me out on that.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could anyone make an alternate origin for Barry Allen or Wally West?

How about….

At the age of 14, young hyperactive Wally West and his parents where traveling, when the train they where at derailed due to the sudden apparition of space anomaly of unknown origin.

Tragically, Wally lost both of his parents and was left crippled, bounded to a wheelchair for, doctors said, the rest of his life.

Since at the moment there was no other who could take care of him, the boy was sent to live with a young and beautiful aunt he barely knew, Iris.

The girl takes care of him as well as she can but due to the accident the boy’s joking personality has faded away living him frail, bitter and introvert.

As months pass by Iris’ perseverance and care achieve something that all thought impossible, as Wally is painfully able to stand, and even clumsily walk with a pair of strong clutches.

However the girl’s constant care goes too deep within the broken Wally as he secretly falls in love with her.

One night, decided to confess his feelings to her, Wally, dragging his crutches, slowly walks down the hallway to Iris’ bedroom, and as he is about to knock on her door he listens to the most amazing conversation.

As it turns out Iris is from the future, her mother traveled back in time to save her from a nuclear hecatomb. Wally, secretly listening behind the closed door, is horrified to learn that the jump through time initiated in the future by Iris’ parents created a space-time ripple that affected multiple time-frames and locations, one of which was the anomaly which caused Wally’s train to crush, little over a year ago.

So as it turns out, Wally’s secret love is also the reason he is an orphan, damned to crawl on crutches for the rest of his life.

(to be continued…)

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since apparently her original origin is confusing to a lot of people, I'd like to re-do an origin for Power Girl where so isn't from an alternate universe and an alternate version of Supergirl.

Inspired from the MoS prequel comic (which I doubt they will ever address in the DCEU) she'd be an distant ancestor of Kal and Kara who ended up on Earth. In the far past, she volunteered for an experimental test of a hyperdrive/space fold engine to escape the Kryptonian atmosphere which was impenetrable (explaining why Krypton never developed a space program) It goes wrong and she ends up crashing on Earth and being kept in stasis. Superman finds her tens of thousands of years later.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

I think I would re-write the origins of the Sentry so it didn't seem so cliche.

Avatar image for don_higashikata
Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Don_Higashikata
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@pipxeroth: he's not a Nazi. He's a facist. He eventually killed the Hydra members who were involved with the Mazi party and his second in commaND was one of the few Hydra agents who openly opposed working with the nazis.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

I'd rewrtell Human Flames's origin to make him less of a joke but still have him be this stain of a person.

Most of Martian Manhunter villains need some work tbh.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

I'd rewrite Damian Wayne to where he was aborted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rewrite Damian Wayne to where he was aborted.

Avatar image for deactivated-598aab95b6c09
deactivated-598aab95b6c09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd re-write the Doctor Doom & F4 origins because some parts are just too dated, or rely on coincidences too much. So, let's begin:

1) Victor is a Latverian through and through. Latveria as a country is located somewhere in the Balkans, close to the sea, between Italy and Greece. It was a rural region and served as another Greek City-State, until it was conquered by the Romans, and eventually taken over by a Germanic tribe. In the end it was assimilated in the Byzantine Empire. After the Ottoman invasion, it got its freedom around the same time the other Balkan countries did. His father was a native Latverian, but his mother is Roma (from another Balkan country, maybe Romania or Greece) to keep the Romani roots of the character. His father is a small town's local physician. Victor's mother gets into some baaaaad occult stuff and ends up the same as in the 616. Werner is later killed by the angry mob. Victor is saved by a few family friends and sent to live with his maternal uncle Boris in a bigger Latverian city.

2) During his Post-Grad in a US University, he meets Reed Richards, a born and bred New Yorker, and his best pal Benjamin Grimm. Things are a bit rocky at first, what with Vic being essentially a social recluse, but in the end all three of them develop quite the friendship. Ben goes to work for the Air Force, becoming a pilot, while Reed & Victor decide to start their own Tech Company. Fast forward a few years, and "Ex Machina" is doing great. Reed has a relationship with Sue Storm, a brilliant microbiologist from Norway (or Germany, haven't made up my mind), while also hanging out with her slightly younger brother, Johnny, an engineer. He gets in touch with Ben, and using his US Millitary contacts, prepares for that "cosmic trip". Victor has become a bit more friendly as time has went on.

3) Now, we need the "accident" to happen and Victor and Red to split off. So, the gist of it, is that, Victor got into the tech-start-up game in order to build the interdimensional portal and rescue his mom from hell. To do that, he's been embezzling funds and using parts of the company for his own purposes. Reed finds it out and has the board cut Victor loose. Desperate, he decides to do a last hail mary and try to open a portal. He breaks into the company, uses the machine, but because it's nowhere near finished, he manages to only get a glimpse of Hell before Mephisto spots him and, well, sends him away. The machine blows up, Victor gets a scar, the company suffers damages and Reed is put in a difficult position.

4) From then on, Victor uses his rather large severance package from being let go, to travel the globe and fund his revolution. Reed rushes into the space mission, without being too ready, and the cosmic rays hit them. Reed hits the jackpot and gets all the awesome stretchy stuff, but Sue can't turn tangible, Johnny is constantly on fire, and Ben is Ben.

I'd go more in-depth, but it's supposed to be an origin re-work, so there you have it.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would rewrite Psylocke origins.

heavyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

A couple of choices, come to mind:

1. Cyclops - I have always hated the visor.
  2. Rage - The Luchadore mask and the fact that he is a teenager did not sit well.
  3. NFLSuperPro - Do I really need to give a reason?
  4. Sleepwalker - No one sleeps that much.
  5. Darkhawk - His dependency on that diamond was not such a good idea.
  6. Jubilee - Fireworks, really?!!
  7. Longshot - 2 hearts, and luck? Gimme a break!
  8. Adam X - Either say he is a 4th Summers brother or not! SHEESH!!!
  9. Alpha Flight/Beta Flight/Omega Flight - Rewrite the WHOLE DAMN THING!
  10. Great Lakes Avengers - Give them a serious origin.
  11. Maggott - I just thought they could have done better, with this guy.
  12. Strong Guy - No imagination was used for this character, at all.
  13. Nubia (DC) - Give her a fair shot, like they did for Wonder Woman
  14. Aquarian - I don't remember his origin well, but I remembered I did not like it.
  15. Stingray - He should be prominently featured with Namor or some team. His costume was awesome.
  16. ClanDestine - Too complicated to follow all of those characters. Make teams of them and give a better storyline.
  17. Rogue - Clean up the history between her and Mystique
  18. Husk - Pulling off your skin and you don't know what is underneath. Sounds useless for some things.
  19. Living Tribunal - Does he have an origin?
  20. Blazing Skull - Why just the skull?
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By dernman

@mutant1230 said:

I would re-write Galactus to have some connection to the Celestials. They look and behave too similarly to be unrelated.

Easy.

We know Galactus is the embodiment of the last survivor and remnants of the universe before. So what happens to Galatus when this universe ends and what about the universes before the one Galactus came from? Bingo you got Celetials.

THough to be honest I wouldn't go that route. I'd just make them all embodiment of this universe with their own specific job

@super_ninja said:

i would rewrite Psylocke origins.

I would make her Asian and adopted by the Braddoks.

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@pipxeroth: he's not a Nazi. He's a facist. He eventually killed the Hydra members who were involved with the Mazi party and his second in commaND was one of the few Hydra agents who openly opposed working with the nazis.

THat's not much better IMO.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dernman

Someone should rewrite Power Girl so she's not a Kryptonian.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd give Iron man his old origin, it was retconned twice in the past ten years for pointless extra curriculars. First having Howard moving heaven and earth to have Tony in the first place, resulting in Tony being infused with nano machines to now having all that loving father stuff negated with the Starks not even being Tony's parents or some such nonsense, I checked out of the series.

I think one or the other would suffice, either way, they both just take away from the impact of the story originally.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give Iron man his old origin, it was retconned twice in the past ten years for pointless extra curriculars. First having Howard moving heaven and earth to have Tony in the first place, resulting in Tony being infused with nano machines to now having all that loving father stuff negated with the Starks not even being Tony's parents or some such nonsense, I checked out of the series.

I think one or the other would suffice, either way, they both just take away from the impact of the story originally.

THat's a good one. I would take away the nano infused thing and being adopted thing away also.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@mutant1230: Galactus already has connection with Celestials.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By Zetsu-San

I agree with either making Juggernaut a simple mutant. Alternatively we could separate him from the X-men mythos entirely, and make him more mystical in nature.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

DC already did that, it sucked.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gor would be right

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I would re-write Professor Zoom's origin again so that he has his chronokinesis instead of just being fast like in the new Flash #21 (going on a rant), I don't know why Joshua Williamson changed his powers to super speed when it was stated that he just slows down time, it just really bugs me that he changed that other than that the comic was good.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dernman

@rdclip said:
@dernman said:

DC already did that, it sucked.

It sucked because what they chose to go with wasn't good , NOT because it wasn't the Kryptonian one.

To say otherwise would be like suggesting any character that doesn't have a Kryptonian one would also suck.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would like to rewrite "why kryptonians didn't have any powers on Krypton"-part of Superman's lore.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RDClip

@dernman: I mentioned it because it was already done, not if it could work. Any story written by a good writer could work.

Why make Power Girl not Kryponian? What does it accomplish? At least when she is Kryptonian, she has a connection to Superman which could be a boost to her. And PG's history is already confusing enough, we don't need another section on her wiki to further complicate things.

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd make Invisible Girl a training surgeon/doctor, who had to dropout to look after her brother Johnny. But she later returned when he got older.

So she would have a role on the first flight instead of being "Reed's girlfriend" who's there for no logical reason.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#47  Edited By Batvibe12

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. I'll give them their original origin and have Quicksilver remarried Crystal.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dernman

@rdclip said:

@dernman: I mentioned it because it was already done, not if it could work. Any story written by a good writer could work.

Why make Power Girl not Kryponian? What does it accomplish? At least when she is Kryptonian, she has a connection to Superman which could be a boost to her. And PG's history is already confusing enough, we don't need another section on her wiki to further complicate things.

Why? Because there are too many kryptonians when technically there should only be one. Also her connection is minor at best and having a connection isn't always a good thing, It can also limit her not to mention be in his shadow not to mention Super Girls shadow. You think there will ever be much more for Power Girl beyond comics with her just being an alt version of her. She'd be able to stand on her on and become her own character. Yes her history is confusing which would be great if they simplified and clearing out all the garbage by a rewrite of the character. Her own definitive creation and origin.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimz said:

I'd make Invisible Girl a training surgeon/doctor, who had to dropout to look after her brother Johnny. But she later returned when he got older.

So she would have a role on the first flight instead of being "Reed's girlfriend" who's there for no logical reason.

Makes more sense than being the little brother of "Reed's girlfriend". Anyway I don't have a problem with it since it was a private first flight. Now if it was government funding that would be a different story.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. I'll give them their original origin and have Quicksilver remarried Crystal.

I would turn them back into Magneto's children which isn't the original origin.