Posted by ThePunisherFan (1319 posts) 5 months, 6 days ago

Poll: If the MCU existed in our reality would you love it or hate it? (65 votes)

I would hate it, too much destruction. 37%
I would love it, get a chance to meet my favorite character! 20%
Mixed Feelings 43%

Would you be a fan of The Avengers, or a huge Anti-Avenger? I personally be a supporter.

#1 Posted by The_Magister (11716 posts) - - Show Bio

As an Average Viner, I'd already be as physically gifted as Cap/Bucky/T'Challa, as good in spy-work as Nat, as good a marksman as Clint, as skilled as Matt/Danny, as lethal as May/Ward/Bobbi, and as brutal as Frank.

I'd solo the verse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae6527167c26
#2 Posted by deactivated-5ae6527167c26 (2058 posts) - - Show Bio

tbh it would probably suck, a lot of people would be getting killed all the time, everyday someone new is trying to destroy the planet or take it over, my ass would try to leave Earth and live someone better

#3 Posted by dngn4774 (5539 posts) - - Show Bio

None of the average humans in the marvel universe ever seem happy. Plus, because 616 has always tried to parallel real life, the current era is way too divisive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5add3922b3476
#4 Posted by deactivated-5add3922b3476 (699 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be pretty awesome, but horrifying at the same time.

#5 Posted by CosmicMuffin (424 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldn’t be that bad.

In civil war, for all of the biggest destructive moments in the MCU, there were only a couple hundred casualties.

Don’t see how that’s different from right now to be honest.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#6 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (12559 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be paranoid if I lived in America.

#7 Posted by RichardCranium (766 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Avenger.

Realistically, the governments around the world will be quick to admonish the Avengers' vigilantism and would likely put up the Sokovia Accords way before the events of Civil War.

Freedom and self-responsibility is a myth when it comes to high stakes moves - figures such as politicians and people with a lot of powers on their hands (e.g.: Avengers).

#8 Posted by RBT (24715 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate it.

#9 Posted by KingOfWakanda (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

The world would constantly be under threat. It would be a nightmare. That being said, it would be cool to have super powered people. So.... mixed feelings?

#10 Posted by EICHHOLTZ (362 posts) - - Show Bio

Michigan is a no fault insurance state... but I don't have Hulk insurance... and i know state farm isn't covering Chituri attacks or crap like that.

it would generally be awful. Super powered beings is kinda cool but if you are the 99.9% of the rest of humanity it would blow.

#11 Posted by Amcu (13594 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be terrifying. I would fear for me and my families lives.

The only way I would likely be for the Avengers is if I knew some of them personally. Otherwise I would probably just be scared of them and everyone.

#12 Posted by modernww2fare (6360 posts) - - Show Bio

The world would constantly be under threat. It would be a nightmare. That being said, it would be cool to have super powered people. So.... mixed feelings?

#13 Edited by Insertnewname (1557 posts) - - Show Bio

That wouldn't work in real life, they destroy things like new York on a yearly basis. And I don't want to bring them fights way out of our league to our planet, like what would we do if they lost to thanos because they don't have PIS? The earth will be destroyed. Let them have their fights on a different.. solar system

#14 Posted by ThePunisherFan (1319 posts) - - Show Bio

@insertnewname: You don't have be to rude. And I'm not stupid, I just asked a simple question to see how others would view that reality. You should really learn about manners before coming on my post and insulting me. :/

#15 Posted by Insertnewname (1557 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by ThePunisherFan (1319 posts) - - Show Bio

@insertnewname: Thank you. All I ask is respect and remember what Kingpin's dad told him? "You gotta give respect if you want it." I know the current MCU is full of destruction and the earth we all know and love, wouldn't last as long as the MCU did. There are just better ways of saying without insulting you know? Have a good day.

#17 Posted by Batman242 (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be content living where I do now. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else where I can easily become a casualty.

#18 Posted by Super_ninja (3315 posts) - - Show Bio

i would be cool with it.

#19 Posted by ThePunisherFan (1319 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by BloodBlackJack (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Like it because i have the chance to meet my favorite characters but hate it because of earth constantly being under threat (remember thanos?Imagine him being here)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
#21 Edited by deactivated-5b84aca03eae8 (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

Mixed feelings. Superheroes would be real and that would fun, but I would hate the fact that the Earth is always under the threat of being taken over or destroyed.

#22 Posted by Paytience (4001 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love it.
The minuscule off chance of being one of the people who get to travel the galaxy, make it totally worth it for me.

#23 Posted by rogueshadow (28210 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd become indifferent after a while.

#24 Edited by sinikettu (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

On some aspects a lot of things would be much better -such as technology & medicine and at the same time some would be way worse like Sokovia incident or Thanos... so I guess it's a mixed feeling.

#25 Edited by SocaJunkie (6333 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd hate it since it would be mean there's a chance some random alien or extra-dimensional being could wipe out life on earth and because this is real life, no plot armor exists to ensure our super-powered defenders will win every time.

#26 Posted by mrmonster (11256 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be in a constant state of fear. The world has been in mortal danger numerous times, why would anyone love to live like that?

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#27 Posted by _KingofLatveria (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be in a constant state of fear. The world has been in mortal danger numerous times, why would anyone love to live like that?

#28 Posted by AngelJax (10558 posts) - - Show Bio

Well there's always the possibility that I may get powers somehow so there's that.

#29 Posted by APEX_pretador (18634 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU already exists in our reality

I think you mean if we were in MCU or MCU was our reality

#30 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (1986 posts) - - Show Bio

It would depend. If I got super-powers it'd be awesome. If not (the more likely scenario), it would be horrifying.

#31 Edited by soaringturkeys (2482 posts) - - Show Bio

Na, noone during war time loved the fact that they are in constant war. I. Everyone gets sick of the fighting. the constant death and destruction. You'd get numb to it. I would hate it. I would also hate the avengers tbh.

Realistically the biggest destruction from New York being attacked would be the catastrophic financial collapse that would have followed suit.

#32 Posted by macleen (2663 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd hate it, those A******** will bring Thanos

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#33 Posted by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it, imagine asking Thor for feats to debate in CV, lul.

#34 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2319 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love it, but not for your reason.

The existence of the mystic arts and vastly superior technology, I could extend my life indefinitely and learn so much more about reality.

#35 Edited by Psy4 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

My answer whenever somebody brings up the "Imagine superheroes/fantasy/magic was real" is always "Hell to the NAW!". Everyone is always looking at the great powers etc. forgetting that you could end up being that casualty that drives the plot forward for others. xD

• Killed by aliens
  • Chopped up and put in a fridge for your significant other
  • On the wrong end of a detonation that triggers the Sokovia accords
  • A Sokovian townsman
  • Dealing with Brainiac's bullshit
  • Etc. x1,000,000

Nuh-uh. Nope. Hell naw. Avengers supporter I surely would be. That's pretty much the only 911 you're gonna get when super-criminal shit hits the fan. But I'll keep my Avengers in the comic page and cinema screens thank you. The living are not done with me yet. xD

#36 Posted by ThunderPrince (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love it, but not for your reason.

The existence of the mystic arts and vastly superior technology, I could extend my life indefinitely and learn so much more about reality.

#37 Posted by Dession_Viper (742 posts) - - Show Bio

I would solo the verse.

#38 Edited by adamTRMM (7914 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd live in a world where in a city wide alien invasion only 60 people die? Where Nazis were so insignificant their existence could be completely ignored? Where an AI got self awareness and didn't even think of a less convoluted and more effective ways to kill us all because, I dunno, "lolz"? Hell, I'd live in a world where a near city wide evacuation can be achieved successfully in a span of what, less than an hour (magic!)? And there's also a flying machine that can contain/carry all of them and fly away towards the happy end?!

Of course, I'd love to live in a fairy tail.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#39 Posted by infantfinite128 (4847 posts) - - Show Bio

As an Average Viner, I'd already be as physically gifted as Cap/Bucky/T'Challa, as good in spy-work as Nat, as good a marksman as Clint, as skilled as Matt/Danny, as lethal as May/Ward/Bobbi, and as brutal as Frank.

I'd solo the verse.

That's mighty humble of you.

#40 Posted by g2_ (10901 posts) - - Show Bio

Mixed Feelings.