If real life people had superpowers, how would we most likely use them?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f7a341d4c366
deactivated-5f7a341d4c366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you think it's possible that some people would use their powers to help people in a way Superman, Spiderman, and Flash do? Like, saving people without expecting something in return, without murdering the criminal or villain you're apprehending, or without using your powers self-servingly in any kind of way? Or would superheroism be drastically different from what is portrayed in comic books and that the standard superhero concept (do not kill/no self-pride/always put others before yourself) was merely created and the usage of superpowers were watered down due to children and teens being the primary audience?

I mean, realistically, even people who would choose to use their powers for good might occasionally bend the rules and self-serve themselves unlike the fictional heroes mentioned above? Furthermore, most people would want to get paid to be a superhero instead of doing it for out of own will like Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker or Captain America. I wish I can say that real life humans would be as benevolent and have high morals like Superman and Spiderman. But unfortunately, superpowers would be using differently and much darker compared to in the comics (robbing banks, killing someone simply because they stared at you a certain way or you didn't like the shirt they were wearing, using said power to blackmail/get what you want, etc.).

Basically, superpowers would dampen your inhibitions and highlightout the darkest (or hidden) traits of an individual. Even those who previously never would've even considered robbing that bank would suddenly do it, simply because they know they could get away with it. And you'll often find out that people you thought of as being sweet, loving or caring weren't who you thought they were after all. It's sad but undoubtedly true.

Simply put, humans are not ready for such superpowers, mentally-wise. If all humans were suddenly given them, I'd bet a million bucks 97 percent of us would succumb to corruption/psychosis/personality change. I mean, if my girlfriend or my mom became corrupted like that (they're both sweet non-superpowered women at the moment), it would tremendously crush my heart :(

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personal gain

TheCount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personal gain is right. I doubt the vast majority except some nutcases would dress up and spend their time going out of their way trying to keep a city safe.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably forced to be used for military purposes.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if USA got them bye bye muslem

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By tj849

Basically just watch The Gifted.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Without expecting anything? I think you missed the part where the people worshipping them like gods. They are doing it for fame and love of the people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

They would up lab rats by the government

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If I get powers I'd be a cruel but great dictator like Dr DOOM

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd either be a perv or criminal, just saying.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By helloman

For personal gain.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In secret. If the government caught wind of your powers say bye to any shred of freedom or privacy, you'd be under 24/7 surveillance for the rest of your life and like someone else said they'd probably attempt to use you for military purposes and you'd be deemed a traitor/threat to national security if you said no.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personal gain or in secret. Big power mutants would be too dangerous so small powers that can be controlled is what you'd want.

Telepathy, Phasing, Invisible heat vision, heightened awareness, controlling air, etc would all be good.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had superpowers I would be looking for some of my kind, trying to unite ourselves and attack every single government in the world. Pretty much like the story in Old man Logan. :D

Zemoftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd take any comic book fan off the streets. They are dangerous creatures

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the person. I think some would use their powers for the good of humanity, others would use it for personal gain.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the most part, lazily.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, Spiderman, and Flash

Spiderman shouldn't be on this list.

You would at the very minimum need to be high-mid tier with the ability to travel really fast before you could even consider heroics in the real world.

Would I help people? of course but only in big cases and ways, natural disasters, transporting aid, creating rivers, etc, Superman must ignore so many calls for help to actually have a life.

You would never need to ask people to pay when money would be no issue for you when there are countless ways you can make a ton of money.

I would also never kill criminals, the people you catch won't be comic book villains who escape the next day.

I think you're underestimating how easy it would be to just relax if you retained a secret identity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I get powers I'd be a cruel but great dictator like Dr DOOM

Yeah. I would also toss on some Injustice Superman, and some Genis-Vell insanity on to that for myself.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's called being rich. We already know how it went.