• 75 results
#1 Edited by modernww2fare (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

How different would things have been?

No Caption Provided

#3 Posted by Caesar16 (184 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would have been better and more epic. I liked both the Avengers movies more than Infinity War.

#4 Posted by KingOfWakanda (2371 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos would have been telling jokes and Hulk wouldn't have gotten wrecked. Whedon would have complained about having to fit in so many characters and studio interference and being burned out.

I'm glad we got the Russos and that's coming from someone who loved the first Avengers movie.

Avatar image for general_disarray
#5 Posted by General_Disarray (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

WS > CW >>> Avengers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AoU

#6 Posted by Amcu (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldn't have been as good. I loved both Avengers films that he did. But he hasn't shown the ability to juggle this many characters and neither of those films where actually as good as IW

#7 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18165 posts) - - Show Bio

@caesar16 said:

I think it would have been better and more epic. I liked both the Avengers movies more than Infinity War.

Or on the same level at least. I don't know about better necessarily, but I'd have liked to see his take.

#8 Posted by Caesar16 (184 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18165 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Eto (5224 posts) - - Show Bio

No it’d be too much for him too handle IMHO.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#11 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7163 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thor would've been killed off

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#12 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (3951 posts) - - Show Bio

@caesar16 said:

No Caption Provided

#13 Posted by Caesar16 (184 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by Heatforce (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

He would be too busy bitching about Trump on twitter to care. For an example, see Justice League.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#15 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (3951 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Caesar16 (184 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Heatforce (5903 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by MonsterStomp (36708 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets be honest, it wouldn't be nearly as good.

I know MCU fans hail him as some type of saviour, but he's a relatively average director who made simple film that was built on hype. The action, visuals, cinematography haven't aged well at all.

Perhaps if he produced something on the quality of Infinity War for the first Avengers, I'd be impressed.

#19 Posted by Caesar16 (184 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Heatforce (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

I know MCU fans hail him as some type of saviour, but he's a relatively average director who made simple film that was built on hype. The action, visuals, cinematography haven't aged well at all.

Perhaps if he produced something on the quality of Infinity War for the first Avengers, I'd be impressed.

Sacrilegious u r

#21 Edited by MonsterStomp (36708 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: I'm not the only one who thinks so. I've seen that comment made by several users here.

#22 Posted by Green_Tea (10415 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t think he would have been able to pull off Thanos.

#23 Posted by DanMarshall (606 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the dialogue and the characters sure seemed like they were part of a whedon movie. The only thing is it didnt totally suck like a Whedon movie would have. Im not a fan of the brothers who made it ( cant remember their name), I didnt like civil war and did not care to see winter soldier, but they are better at making movies than Joss Whedon is so I give them some credit.

#24 Posted by Aros001 (3608 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny thing is that lately I feel like I've been seeing the opposite. I feel like in recent times I've been seeing more and more people just turn on the guy, acting like not only is he a bad director now but that nothing he's ever made has ever been good, which obviously I don't think is fair even if he does have aspects that I criticize.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#25 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17508 posts) - - Show Bio

AoU made people do a 180 and now even MCU fans don't like Whedon.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#26 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17508 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldn't have been as good. I say this as someone who considers the first Avengers to be 2nd greatest CBM of all time.

#27 Posted by Rebake (3893 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos>Loki>Ultron..............With their first attempt at an Avengers film, they made a villain better than the two before it. And Thor was the most impressive he's ever been in any film yet, which greatly contrasts how he was used in Avengers 1 and 2. Iron Man and Hulk were not unbeatable like they were under Whedon's direction. I like them as characters, but they never lost straight up in the previous Avengers films. Hulk had to be distracted to lose, and the one he lost to was none other than Iron Man, the other unbeatable hero. Thanos beat both of them in direct combat and there was no question who was stronger. There was no, "well maybe Iron Man could've won without this distraction" or "Hulk would have killed Thanos if Thanos played fair". They straight up lost. Whedon was good for the first Avengers movie, but him showing signs of burn out from AOU is a clear indication he would've failed with Infinity War. The Russos in comparison aren't burned out and balanced the characters very well despite having many more characters to deal with.

#28 Posted by SaintWildcard (21711 posts) - - Show Bio

The Russo's are better in every single way. Their humor, their characters, their villain and their action were all a huge improvement compared to how Whedon did it. Cap being the biggest example. I hated how Whedon wrote Cap, but then the Russo's made him into my favorite character.

#29 Posted by titing2101 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

its not gonna be epic as it is today for sure.

#30 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36603 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: @heatforce: I have to assume there is some talent there because otherwise why would he get hired by 2 major companies?

But, Avengers gets worse every time I watch it. It’s a meh movie..much of the dialogue is way too snarky and there is some tv type level plot and scripting is well(and not prestige GOT-Westworld Tv, I mean sitcom type shit), but the action is still top notch.

He definitely is a good guy to work with actors. But, he doesn’t have any true signature outside of directing the FIRST big superhero team up movie.

I bet Thanos would worship Death and Death would be a snarky bitch that has Thanos p****y whipped....

#31 Posted by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

The action would be leagues worse, Thanos would be depowered and not given as much depth, Thor would be weaksauce and would have zero character development and very little screetime, there would be alot more Robert Downey Jr, the dialogue would be a lot less natural and more quippy, God forbit Thanos himself would be quippy, Iron Man or Black Widow would've saved the day, no Stormbreaker for Thor, the cinematography would be less rich, there would be no feats of strength the level of Star Forge Thor or Iron Man slamming that multi-story sized rock/ship debris on Thanos.

Oh and Hulk would've probably given Thanos a run for his money.

#32 Posted by Heatforce (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: how was Cap different when Whedon wrote him? Cap has been very consistent imo.

#33 Posted by SaintWildcard (21711 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: how was Cap different when Whedon wrote him? Cap has been very consistent imo.

It was mainly when it came to humor, but Whedon loved playing up the "He's old and from outta time" aspect. He kept hammering at it and doing terrible jokes. The Whole "I know that reference", "Language", the people he invited to his party were all old WW2 vets. The Russo's were much more subtle when it came to it and made him feel more down to earth and didn't force him to have this Boy Scout Bravado.

#34 Edited by WhyZoSerious (1682 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Russos' movies

2. Gunn

3. Taika

4. Jon Favreau

Somewhere in there Joss Whedon finds his place.

#35 Posted by Heatforce (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce said:

It was mainly when it came to humor, but Whedon loved playing up the "He's old and from outta time" aspect. He kept hammering at it and doing terrible jokes. The Whole "I know that reference", "Language", the people he invited to his party were all old WW2 vets. The Russo's were much more subtle when it came to it and made him feel more down to earth and didn't force him to have this Boy Scout Bravado.

Fair enough. +1 for the avatar. I miss that show.

Avatar image for charliechampion
#36 Posted by CharlieChampion (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@caesar16 said:

You mean like Whedon's JL?

#37 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos would've been darker.

Oh not metaphorically, just literally.

#38 Posted by ImMadNice (1227 posts) - - Show Bio

Would've been really good, just not the masterpiece it was

#39 Posted by Vulkanian (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos would of been cracking jokes every five minutes and be extremely out of character.

Cap probably would of knocked him on his ass somehow too.

#40 Posted by g2_ (11292 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be an average movie.

#41 Posted by Caesar16 (184 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by MrAugen (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think all the characters would have flowed as well. I like Whedon, but the Russo are on another level with these massive casts type films.

#43 Edited by Fabricolage (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

@rl4 said:

Thanos would've been darker.

Oh not metaphorically, just literally.

I agree.

#44 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd definitely like it better. Russos' team up movies have a pace too fast for me to enjoy it. That was the main issue I had with IW and CW which is why I didn't really enjoy either. Captain America WS was 10/10 for me because it had a good pace and you got to absorb what was happening before proceeding to another vital story point. Because of this I'd probably like it better if Whedon directed IW. I loved Avengers and enjoyed AoU just as much. IW not so much even though the characters were great.

#45 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldn't. As has been apparent for a long time now is that directors at Marvel are just workmen who do what other people tell them to without leaving any sense or impression of what they might have brought to the table.

#47 Posted by silkyballfro94 (8673 posts) - - Show Bio

It would've been inferior in every way. He would've continued the Hulk and Black Widow romance in a major way, made Thanos a joke, wouldn't have killed off specific characters, and the movie would have ended happily ever after.

#48 Posted by Farkam (12019 posts) - - Show Bio

It would've been inferior in every way. He would've continued the Hulk and Black Widow romance in a major way, made Thanos a joke, wouldn't have killed off specific characters, and the movie would have ended happily ever after.

#49 Edited by Thorthunder98 (6611 posts) - - Show Bio

Would have been nowhere near as good he couldn't juggle that many characters at once.

He'd have made Thanos not even have a big fight with all the Avengers it would just only be them fighting his army.

Thor would definitely have been pushed to the side and given minimal screentime cause Joss seems to hate Thor

The fight scenes would have been nowhere near as good

Just would not have been anywhere near the amazing film that the Russo's created. I did love the first Avengers always will, and liked AoU but really hated Joss' handling of Thor while the Russo's did him perfectly and he just couldn't have made Infinity War

#50 Posted by Transformaa (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk would one shot Thanos! Like he did Ultron and Loki.