If Iron Fist was the first series released

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you think it would get the current hate it receives? I felt disappointed it didn't live up to DD standards and what I hoped for, but I can't really say there was anything glaringly wrong with the show as a standalone. I'm curious as to if it didn't have its predecessors, would it still be "bad"?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think it would be in bad taste. Its alot like Jessica Jones, which was first for me. I hated it. JJ was garbage with so much suspended disbelief in the character actions, and boring ass action. I almost did not gave DD a chance. DD turn it around for me.

So it would not have mattered to me.

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. IF seems to be controversial not "hated" which is either due to ignorance of the character and mythos (claiming hes a white savior or should be Asian) or the choices in the story, script and choreography. At best IF is a lukewarm Netflix show and would've been judged as such if it came out first.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4 JediXMan  Moderator

Iron Fist wasn't awful. It was just bad compared to Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hype and timing does somewhat play a factor in how critics and audiences receive something. That's the only reason why JJ got the arbitrary numbers it did

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hype and timing does somewhat play a factor in how critics and audiences receive something. That's the only reason why JJ got the arbitrary numbers it did

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would still be very bad.

The central character had no consistent motivations and the emotional and mental maturity of a 5 year old, despite training for 15 years to control his emotions. Danny, Joy, and Davos weren't even characters as much as plot devices and changed their development and stances on a whim. That's a huge issue when those are central characters. I found myself actively rooting against Danny in stuff like taking back the company. The Hand's motives made no sense whatsoever. The plotlines didn't flow at all, and stuff like company drama kinda just got completely dropped at a point.

Ward Meachum was the only thing that got me through, and to a lesser degree Harold and Colleen (though I didn't buy her and Danny even a little bit). These problems don't go away if this was the first series, this really was just a bad show.

Maybe stuff like the choreography and diminishing the coolness of The Hand wouldn't be such massive issues if not for Daredevil, but these weren't my main issues anyway. The choreography was below average, but I don't think that mattered much if the plot and characters were solid. But the plot and characters weren't solid.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I didn't care for Daredevil all that much honestly. but it has nothing to do with how I view the show. HOnestly, this IF season reminds me of some of the worst aspects of Arrow Season 3.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even without the stupid race thing, IF just isn't as great as DD. IF should have been a fun kung fu show, but the fight scenes (which should be the shows biggest selling point) are pretty mediocre.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be still a kung fu series with one of the worsts choreographies ever a terrible pace and a unrealistically stupid protagonist.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DSTREET45

IMO it's a strong 7-7.5/10 but I think it'd still be viewed as meh. I think the main difference would be that it wouldn't have as much controversy behind it. It could still successfully kick-start the MCU Netflix franchise and get people to look forward to other additions but the hype wouldn't be nearly as high as it was when Daredevil premiered and the Nteflix side of the MCU would be largely overshadowed by the movies and maybe even AoS.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I don't think Daredevil crashed it's reviews. Personally, I don't know what the critics were thinking when they gave it such low reviews. I'm only on episode 9, and I think it's awesome.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Fist received bad review because it is being compared with the rest of the Marvel Netflix series. It's on par with the CW DC shows, Agents of SHIELD, etc.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@stefano said:

Iron Fist received bad review because it is being compared with the rest of the Marvel Netflix series. It's on par with the CW DC shows, Agents of SHIELD, etc.

The CW shows are turd compared to Iron Fist, the only one that is better is Flash S1.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Prospero_Locke

@firestormfate1919: you mean Danny acted like a 5 year old getting trained in a direction that wasn't what he thought it would be against a threat he didn't think was real, returning to a place he never thought he'd see again???

Also, joys entire life is a lie, she has a moral struggle through Danny's reappearance, and she finds out her dad is alive, then potentially evil, then her brother and almost brother kill him?

And Davos, trains his whole life to see an outsider take his birthright and not even really want it, defile all of his traditions, and then completely lose a friend to indifference and jealousy?

I get it wasn't the best, but logically most characters were sound. Even 5year old in a 27 year old body Danny rand. Not trying to attack you btw, just voicing an opinion