If Homelander was our universes version of superman, would you feel safe?

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HarryNorine

And the only thing you knew about him was the public persona that he puts forth towards the general public (similar to how we tend to buy into the personality of celebrities being great, talented people).

Good PR is the most important thing to him.

SmokerNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he could stop wars he can save the earth if aliens come and from meteors.

yea i would feel safe

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killbilly  Moderator

I would feel terrified knowing something as fallible as a human being had that kind of power.

SmokerNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: yea but he can be stopped if something happens.. poison. but isnt nice to know someone can protect earth? stop wars?

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@smokernaruto said:

@killbilly: yea but he can be stopped if something happens.. poison. but isnt nice to know someone can protect earth? stop wars?

Does poison work on him? If I knew our government had a viable way to put him down I'd feel a bit better about it, sure. I still wouldn't be entirely comfortable with it though.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not knowing the truth I'd probably feel safe. But I'm always suspicious of something that seems too good to be true.

SmokerNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: yes he is too durable for needles but if he gets poison by swallowing it or idk other ways should do the trick

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those Supes have the done some of the most s@¥πiest in their reality. If they happen to come near me I would be lmao to death already.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i would have some doubts but... idk man part of me thinks everybody here would be fooled (or the most part)

i study psychology and there is an well know theory that most people as to make themselves be better and make sense of the world thinks that authorities aren´t corruptible

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the only knowledge of Homelander I knew was what was shown of him in regards to his public image then yeah, I'd feel pretty safe.

Think about it like this; Keanu Reeves is universally loved for generally being a good and wholesome person. If that's that image being thrown onto Homelander and we see him doing nothing but saving lives, protecting the world around him then I don't see why he wouldn't get the same treatment, he's pretty painted out to be a boy scout. Unless you saw him doing something immoral or dirty and absolutely knew he doesn't have good intentions then any reason for suspicion or doubt would just be irrational.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the plane scene no lol

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would feel terrified knowing something as fallible as a human being had that kind of power.

Public believed he was an alien right?

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@heatforce said:
@killbilly said:

As fallible as a being that is basically a human in every way that counts is just as scary imo.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:
@killbilly said:

As fallible as a being that is basically a human in every way that counts is just as scary imo.

Ubderstood. The BvS tie-in comic with senator finch at that intelligence committee made some interesting points like what if Superman has a psychotic episode or something like that.

Homelander just seems less genuine about everything so I dunno. Better Homelander than Brightburn though 😂

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@heatforce said:
@killbilly said:
@heatforce said:
@killbilly said:

Ubderstood. The BvS tie-in comic with senator finch at that intelligence committee made some interesting points like what if Superman has a psychotic episode or something like that.

Homelander just seems less genuine about everything so I dunno. Better Homelander than Brightburn though 😂

For sure lol.

Avatar image for bayonettaumbra1
BayonettaUmbra1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not. I doubt I'll ever find myself in a hostage crisis or some kind of situation like that, which is pretty much all that Homelander seemed to care about stopping.