If Captain America: Civil War never happened..

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How would the MCU change?

No Caption Provided

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Avengers would lose badly, as Wakanda wouldn't be helping them.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This. And Spider-Man: Homecoming probably wouldn't have happened.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline said:
@bladeoffury said:

This. And Spider-Man: Homecoming probably wouldn't have happened.

I disagree. Clearly Peter Parker was on Tony Stark's radar, so I think he still would have taken him as his apprentice regardless of Captain America: Civil War.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrmonster
  • T'Challa never becomes king of Wakanda, since T'Chaka would still be alive. Who knows how this would affect Killmonger's plans.
  • Ant-Man would be a much more important superhero, maybe even an Avenger. I think it's very likely that he could have gotten into the Avengers under Falcon's recommendation if he did more to prove himself a hero.
  • Bucky Barnes is still a wanted former terrorist. Without Civil War, he never would have been moved to Wakanda, which means he'd never have been cured by Shuri, and he's still out there on the run.
  • Infinity War obviously changes the most. Even with the Avengers united, I think they'd do worse against Thanos, because now they would not have Wakanda to help them. The snap still most likely happens.

Other people have said Spider-Man's story would change, but really, I don't see it. Peter Parker was already on Tony Stark's radar, I believe Tony would have taken him as his apprentice regardless of Civil War not happening.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Banner has an easier time finding Steve and they probably have an easier time fighting the Outriders as Wakandas military is pathetic instead of having long range weaponry the opt to fight h2h... with spears

Wakanda offered nothing to the table

Possible no Spiderman which doesnt change much

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

^^

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only major thing that Wakanda did was fixing Vision, which actually didn't change much.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the idea was that the reason the Avengers lost was because they where separated and not at full strength. Avengers 4 will be when they reunite and come together to defeat Thanos after Cap's death which is basically confirmed now.

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well , Bruce will easily find Steve and Vision and avoid the initial confrontation with Proxima and Corvus.

They could have informed the world's armies of the Outrider attack , and this would be easily more helpful , armoured weaponry , helicopter gunships and 4 or 5 th gen fighters are more useful than spears and swords.

Thanos without the gauntlet complete , would have had a hard time fighting all Avengers and then Thor would arrive to eventually kill him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Is it really confirmed :o ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They would have probably won as a Team.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CosmicMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it’s funny how Civil War’s main criticism was that there was no consequences/deaths, but I think it’s obvious that Civil War was made to put the Avengers in a rough spot before Infinity War. And it turns out, they were. But nobody wanted to believe the Russo’s.

If Civil War never happened, I imagine it would have been a lot easier to take Thanos down. No way Thanos could have dealt with Strange, Wanda, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Mantis and Vision all at the same time, especially if he didn’t have all the gems.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 anthp2000  Moderator

@amcu: Confirmed??

OT: I dunno. On the one hand, if every Avenger was on Titan, they could've definitely stopped Thanos, problem was that they faced him in groups. Although I guess you could say that if they were all together, Thanos' army would also be together and wreck them... But I'm sure they'd figure something out to distract and separate them etc. I think I agree with @amcu. Civil War was just bad timing (and that's why Cap is to blame for the destruction od the universe too ;))

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Amcu

@anthp2000:

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that Cap is gone after A4 and Carol will be the new Cap. I don't think they directly said that he dies but there's little chance of anything else.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator

@amcu: By who??

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

BvS would be the best movie of the year! :D

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Admittedly I'm am struggling to actually find the article where they state that. I see a bunch of articles saying stuff like he is expected to depart but none of them have a source from marvel. Chris did say something like he was leaving a while ago though.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 anthp2000  Moderator

@amcu: Yeah, Chris has been throwing such comments for a good while now, esspecially regarding his contract.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Yeah, Chris has been throwing such comments for a good while now, esspecially regarding his contract.

Yeah I've become resigned to the idea that he's going to die. I'm partially dreading Avengers 4 because of it TBH.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The avengers would have beaten Thanos.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It'd be way different, and the Avengers would have beaten Thanos. Also, Spider-Man wouldn't ever join the team and may never even have met Tony Stark.

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony gets a bunch of his suits together to fight the Outrider Army along with the US Military. They slaughter the Outriders and the combined might of Iron Man, Iron Spider (Who would 100% have become an Avenger), Hulk and Strange would trash the Black Order.

Assuming Thanos comes to Earth with his army rather than going to Titan... he 100% loses.

He was being held off handily by the Titan Team which is here but they have Hulk, Vision and Scarlet Witch to further assist.

In the end, this team + the US Military will crush the Outrider Army and they will easily be able to hold Thanos off long enough for Thor to arrive and crush Thanos as if he were a bug.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@outside_85 said:

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@amcu said:
@anthp2000 said:

Admittedly I'm am struggling to actually find the article where they state that. I see a bunch of articles saying stuff like he is expected to depart but none of them have a source from marvel. Chris did say something like he was leaving a while ago though.

He's been saying it for quite a while, part of it is how much it takes for him to look like he does.

@outside_85 said:

No Caption Provided

Well... would you argue that X-Men: Apocalypse was better? :)

Anyways, if Civil War hadn't happened, in terms of story beats. The Avengers would still be together, sort of, Bucky would still be slumming it out in Europe. And Wakanda would still be closed land under T'Challa's dad. So no Black Panther, or a very different one, no Ant Man 2, and quite likely a destroyed New York when Infinity War comes around since that seems to be the most logical battleground in Marvel.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RabumAlal

I think the Avengers might actually have a harder time but it’s not like things can end up worse for them.

Wakandan army was a joke really. But it’s not like the US army helped a lot with the New York invasion (this time they’ll be notified tho, and they can pick the battleground as the army will attack wherever Strange and Vision are.) Without SHIELD or Fury, I don’t see many meaningful help coming from MCU governments.

Thanos + Black Order + his entire army will be there. At this point, Thanos would have all the gems except Mind and Time. He would probably slaughter the armies they have like he destroyed the small moon. He also wouldn’t mess around as much and directly beat them if Thor doesn’t kill him. Maw would probably be a monster in an open field battle with his TK as well.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos still wins. Sure a united avengers and united world military will stomp the outrider army, but once Thanos enters the playing field he won't be holding back and he will solo with just the power stone alone.

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Cap will have a proper 3rd solo movie and not a pseudo Avengers movie.

2. Iron Man will not be usurping Cap in his own 3rd movie.

3. Cap will probably encounter Black Panther in his 3rd movie anyway.

4. They will still lose to Thanos.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Havenless

@amcu:

@anthp2000:

[[[[SPOILERS]]]]

I love watching the interviews they do promoting the movies. If you have time, watch this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-m2maFaGc

Sorry, can’t find the timestamps, but 3 things are said:

When it was brought up that in a tweet about a month before this con that Chris Evans said he’s sad to say goodbye to Cap, everyone took that as him dying. Evans says something along the lines of, “even if it was the other way around I’d still have tweeted the same thing.”

Not particularly damning, but later in the questioning he admits he’s been in really hot water with Marvel for about 3-4 weeks....

Bonus: when Karen Gillian was asked how her character would kill Thanos if she got the chance, she regrets being asked first because she can’t answer that question.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More than likely the team never would have split