If Alfred fought Wonder Woman instead of Superman.....

RewriteFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RewriteFan

TAKE A LOOK AT THE COMIC BELOW (and let me know what you think!)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

A QUICK SIDE NOTE FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ INJUSTICE:

In the Injustice comic, certain heroes take justice into their own hands after a catastrophe, creating a controlling, immoral regime in the process. At one point, Superman (who is evil) is interrogating Batman to find a pill that would make a regular person as strong as the Man of Steel himself. After seeing Superman break Batman's back, Alfred (Batman's butler) quickly takes the pill, and beats down Superman. Below is my reasoning for why I actually think this fight could have potentially been even more epic from a narrative perspective, if it was Wonder Woman who went toe-to-toe with Alfred instead.

Undoubtedly one of the most iconic scenes in Injustice was where Alfred beat up Superman after Superman broke Batman's back. However, as awesome as it was, I felt that it was a bit awkward in a narrative sense. There's no heavy dialogue exchanged, or any real tension between Alfred and Superman to make this fight very consequential. It literally just happens, with no real weight to it other than the 'oh snap' factor.

I think this fight could have possibly been even better had it been Wonder Woman who came knocking instead of Superman. In general, I would keep the fight very similar to what happened between Alfred and Superman. However I would change one key thing; during the fight, Alfred could have mentioned that Wonder Woman was clearly the one instigating conflict by Clark's side, using his pain to fuel angry attacks on the opposite side. This is an extremely important point, that was clear and repeatedly pointed out by fans throughout the series, but was barely actually acknowledged in the series aside from one line all the way in Year 5.

I think by pinning Alfred against Wonder Woman instead, we could have got the same epic fight we got in the original storyline, but the fight would also acknowledge one of Wonder Woman's biggest unmentioned character flaws in the series, which is the way she manipulated Clark. This would add more overall weight and consequence to the fight, and in my opinion would lead to a more satisfying and most importantly, necessary battle as Alfred and Diana go toe to toe.

With that being said, the comic above is how I think the fight could have gone instead! Let me know what you think of it!

(All artwork is derived from Injustice comics Year 1-5)

RewriteFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please let me know what you think in the comments! Do you think this fight would have been epic to see?

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

A tear trickled down my face as I read this, good job

EcstaticGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool story Bro

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dangannopoopoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice Wonder Woman is one of the biggest sh*t heads in comic book history. This was satisfying.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah a white guy beating the crap out of a woman. That would totally go well with people.

RewriteFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! This fight ideally would add some more narrative depth to Wonder Woman's character, as she was often side-by-side with Superman's decisions, yet rarely confronted. Coupled with the fact that Alfred had lost several friends (including Dick Grayson) while sitting on the sidelines, this actually came together quite naturally and felt more impactful.

@ecstaticgrace: Thank you for the feedback!

@dangannopoopoo: I was surprised at how her character was portrayed in this series, same with many others (e.g. Hal Jordan). This universe really had a lot of heroes becoming straight-up villains

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod said:

Yeah a white guy beating the crap out of a woman. That would totally go well with people.

I mean....historically speaking people seem relatively indifferent about it, unfortunately.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Floopay

@seagod said:

@floopay: yeah but not now a days

Considering the president's supporters represented roughly 50% of the country and chanted "Grab her by the p****!" through the streets; I'd still say people are still relatively indifferent about men who treat women poorly.

Again, I don't think it's okay; but it's definitely not a deal breaker for a large portion of the US at least.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

RewriteFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: @seagod:

Okay thank you for bringing this point up, it is certainly an important real-world issue that requires both attention and action. I think before we continue it's important to clarify a few things. This comic (and hopefully any other superhero media) in no way endorses or condones violence against women. Such actions in real life would be heinous and inexcusable no matter the circumstance.

With that being said, it's also important for any audience members reading this (or any other form of super hero media) to be able to distinguish real world morality from that of comic books, especially comics (such as Injustice) whose characters are made purely for the sake of over-the-top fighting and entertainment. These comics are make believe stories, where fictional characters we know and love behave in ways that are dangerous, unexpected, and morally askew, and should never be taken as a guideline or an excuse or normalize real-world violence.

None of this would nor should be remotely acceptable in real life, period.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod said:

@floopay: yeah but not now a days

Plenty of examples to prove otherwise

Necrogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod said:

This